Howdy, New Follower to DU

Boehm

Hello,

I'm known as Boehm by most people of whom I have played video games with. I've recently found this game this past week, and did 4 hours of research on it just last night. I've been looking for a replacement for the game, Ark: Survival Evolve. Ark: SE was a game i spent nearly 3k hours on, and played with the same tribe for that amt of time. We reached the Alpha title on multiple servers before, and I just loved the mechanics of war, building, and breeding Dino's. I think I mainly felled in love with it cause I could get really nerdy with breeding dinos, I.E; our tribe had the best Quetzals bloodline and Rex Bloodline on our server because of the time I spent on breeding and recording all the generations of breeds I had worked on. 

Wild Card, the Development team for that game, started putting in updates that became very bitter in my mouth, and showed me that they did not care about their old players anymore, so I stopped playing the game along with my Tribe mates, whom I spent 3 years playing with. 

So, I look forward to playing this game, have a couple friends in mind that i want to invite to help me with an idea I have that will allow us to be a bit nerdy again, but not for breeding, but for making very thought out ships for others to use and buy from. 

My occupation is in the US Marine Corps in Ground Electronics Maintainer as my MOS, I have a friend who is a Engineer who may be joining me in this journey. So I don't see why we couldn't succeed at making potentially good ships that are flexible to the needs of the buyers. 

I hope this game comes true to it's promises!

Thanks. 

Welcome Boehm! It is great to have you here. I understand what you mean with all of the time you have put into something with friends and then not being able to play with them because the experience is not the same. I really feel you. I hope this game will allow you to create new experiences with them and to find what you have lost! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are plenty of people here willing to help! Also, if you are looking for an org come check mine out ;)https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/minds-reach

Anyways see you on discord

Glad

29 minutes ago, gladiator550 said:

Welcome Boehm! It is great to have you here. I understand what you mean with all of the time you have put into something with friends and then not being able to play with them because the experience is not the same. I really feel you. I hope this game will allow you to create new experiences with them and to find what you have lost! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are plenty of people here willing to help! Also, if you are looking for an org come check mine out ;)https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/minds-reach

Anyways see you on discord

Glad

Thanks! I'll def. take a look at that link and see what you got going on.

@Ben FargoThanks for the welcoming. 

Greetings and welcome.

I chuckled a bit at "getting nerdy breeding dinos" part. I played ARK a bit, but never really got into it. Ironically due to Dinos, I think. In loose comparison, I had more fun playing Conan Exiles. The games might not be comparable much in greater detail, but survival sandbox stuff is survial sandbox stuff, eh?

As you already assume(d), I think there will be lots of opportunities to "get nerdy" in DU, maybe not solely regarding ships.

And if you look for an organization, look no further* ....

... than this thread and section:

And of course the forum section we are all currently in (as you read this, anyway), where players, and dare I say more importantly, organizations promote themselves.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/forum/7-the-arkship-pub/

You can also look for organizations on the organization portal or community hub at: https://community.dualthegame.com/

*Did you expect an ad now? Hah!

64617160.jpg

On 3/18/2018 at 3:28 AM, Warden said:

Greetings and welcome.

I chuckled a bit at "getting nerdy breeding dinos" part. I played ARK a bit, but never really got into it. Ironically due to Dinos, I think. In loose comparison, I had more fun playing Conan Exiles. The games might not be comparable much in greater detail, but survival sandbox stuff is survial sandbox stuff, eh?

As you already assume(d), I think there will be lots of opportunities to "get nerdy" in DU, maybe not solely regarding ships.

Most appreciate the welcome and extra links. Conan Exiles came about when I was just getting frustrated with Ark and I went inactive for all games due to my military career.

I gotta admit, I did not play it forever, but certainly longer than some other titles. 

It did not bind me for too long, but it was fun. 

Maybe I will play it in the future again. 

But with limited time, I'd currently rather focus on other things. Primarily Star Citizen and Dual Universe. And then the odd game in-between like DayZ, etc.