would you guys like to have completely armor customization

gamertips

would you guy like to see an  incredible amount of customization  for every armor piece, such as insignias and patches you can put on your gear but the bigger thing i want to see done is every piece being able to be sculpted 

what i mean by this is some form of menu that gives you like a  metal shape a bit bigger then the part it i being sculpted for that you can sculpt down and make it look to your orgs personality

to stop clipping if they do it they should have a max size for length and width on everything

if this happens to be the case i would want to suit to have nothing to do with armor instead make the modules you put in the suit do that

please tell me what you think of this idea and how it could be improved

on

Armor will be made out of sets, so you can combine different torso armor with helmets or smth. Source: the san francisco meetup video

Since you can't edit/customize weapons (AMA), I doubt that you can edit armor

yeah i understand that, i just find orgs  need identity and if they look the same because of stats or just because one set looks sick it ruins that so i wish they add that in even thought i do not believe they will unless this chat gets a lot of buzz around the community

You can edit your avatar ofc, so I think they may add some sort of char- editor with maybe some emblems or stuff (only my guess, not official) .

But armor/clothing (as seen on twitter) may only be used and not edited. 

I will be pink anyway so to me it doesn't matter that much :)

The more, the merrier.

It's as simple as that (to me). It also means more work for the devs in creating more armor pieces and options, no doubt. And this may not be a priority - so far.

But let's face it.

Especially in a game with such a large scale, do we all want to run around and look similar due to a limited amount of armor sets and pieces - even if you can mix and match them? Clothing and armor customization, and to some extend, weapon customization maybe (in terms of texture, color, decal) makes a living world to some extend and binds or satisfies players more if they can express their different individual or organizational identities, jobs or ranks through sufficient visual customization.

As such I hope there will be a notable focus on this at one point or with an additional team. The players will thank NQ later on.

see  they can always run something similar to planet explores, but less shit  by using pre fab shapes when you tab in to what ever work station does this so no matter what you scalp it still fits the look of the game

The "group colours/badge/sigil" aspect is promising idea as it promotes group cohesion (in/out groups etc), so I like that suggestion.

Armour customization sounds like "bells and whistles" to me, so against it until the devs prove they have spare capacity to work on such optional extras outside of main areas of the game. Ofc that's just personal opinion. Next we know the cash shop is selling EVEN MORE customization of armour sets... :angry:

I'd prefer the sets for skill-training and then player group IDs and be done with it.