If you are spamming DU, Cut that crap out now

yamamushi

I won't get into all of it right now, as I have dealt with the situation as delicately as possible to try and undo the damage, but it appears that not only was the community discord a target of spammers (people sending private messages to everyone in the user list to try and recruit for their org) but that several other communities were targeted as well. That all culminated in discussions about the game being banned in various places, someone trying to dox me, and a slew of other issues I've tried to fix today. Someone went so far as to accuse me of being JC himself even. 

I'm not going to drop names here now, you know who you are, but if I find out you are continuing the spamming and harassing other communities about Dual Universe, I will definitely report it and let NovaQuark deal with the situation. I've heard reports of everything from sending mass private messages to people, to joining other discords and spamming links to the game over and over, to someone joining voice chats to spam the game and harass people.

One person even had the audacity to go into discords and tell everyone they were the creator of Dual Universe and proceed to spam the game over and over. 

You are doing anyone any favors by spamming the game, and you are doing harm to DU's name by doing it. It's not helping any of us, and it certainly isn't helping your own reputation for doing it. 

99.999% of org's out there aren't doing it, but one or two org's in specific are, and they are going to ruin it for the rest of us if they keep it up. Nobody should be encouraging that type of behavior. 

I'm posting this here in the hopes that it will keep others from attempting to do the same thing, and so that the parties responsible know what their actions did. 

To prevent further drama on this, this topic will be locked.

Novaquark has been made aware of the situation. If you have any evidence of the above mentioned, please contact Novaquark with user ID, chat logs, screenshots, whatever helps the case.

As a quick point, any situations similar like this (if there are any -which we hope not-), a private message to Novaquark is the best way to deal with this. :)

~ Meldrik