What would your Org do if...

Omfgreenhair

...you noticed a shadow organisation is active near you. Members are not officially on their roster, but you know they infiltrate other orgs, cuddle up and smile... and then at the right time, gentle whisper in your ear "Hail Hydra~"

Join the DU version of Hydra or resist?

Needs more info beyond that, unless you mean to say "Hail Hydra" implies the offer or demand to join, expressed through two words alone.

Unless this is an unspecific hypothetical on purpose - but ... for some reason I always doubt it's simply a random question someone had on his mind and not related to actual on-goings in the community or similar whenever someone asks or words questions like that.

Just saying.

But for the sake...

jofX06O.png

1 hour ago, Omfgreenhair said:

...you noticed a shadow organisation is active near you. Members are not officially on their roster, but you know they infiltrate other orgs, cuddle up and smile... and then at the right time, gentle whisper in your ear "Hail Hydra~"

Join the DU version of Hydra or resist?

I think it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to create such an organization if you have a bunch of people you deem trustworthy that help you starting out. Alone or with very few, it might be harder. Say, you agree to have this unlisted group. Okay. Check .

Infiltrating other groups? No rocket science. Check.

Now beyond the question of who gets this whispered or offered (the org founder? Higher ups? Random Joe in a group?):

What's the incentive to join?

I think that's the key aspect. It might be interesting, at the same time it's not terribly complicated to pull off. Various groups will exist and do that, all in potential competition with not just each other, but maybe all the other groups they chose to infiltrate. Assuming you are not the target or terribly against it, why join? Does the "ideology" or "style" (themes, branding, approach) of the group fit your needs? Are they "professional"?

Maybe I also tend to be a tad spoiled or critical in that regard. My point is: It's not hard to pull off on a basic or moderate level, but really taking it in-depth, that is true art or the challenge and I'd say not many groups can do that - even if they think they can. I have a pretty good benchmark to get to that conclusion, but then again who knows what time will show us in that regard?

In short: The sole act itself? Not too special or unique given the right starting aspects. "What makes you special" aka "Make it worth it", I'd ask or say.