Dual Universe Support China???

LeBolb

Hello everyone, I'm Chinese. I think Dual Universe is really good! Landscape, spacecraft, universe... beautiful. Having played Space Engineers is a bit like.

I hope Dual Universe will participate in Chinese.

180USB expensive, Chinese people can't afford it! o(︶︿︶)o 

HI LeBolb and welcome.

I don't know any Chinese player here, but they may hide themselves ;).

I guess that the big problem with China is the firewall and related laws... it may be hard for an independent studio to put servers there, at least at start (NQ may have plans though, I don't know more than you).

PS: I moved the thread to the Arkship pub forum.

~ Merwyn

26 minutes ago, Mod-Merwyn said:

I guess that the big problem with China is the firewall and related laws... it may be hard for an independent studio to put servers there, at least at start (NQ may have plans though, I don't know more than you).

I imagine they will have various servers for other regions... I'd be surprised if they did not.

That being said, China is notorious for being a difficult country to deal with in terms of server hosting and "special requirements". I have a bit of doubt that NQ will place servers in China for this reason (though likely other areas close by).

22 hours ago, Sh4d0ws said:

I imagine they will have various servers for other regions... I'd be surprised if they did not.

That being said, China is notorious for being a difficult country to deal with in terms of server hosting and "special requirements". I have a bit of doubt that NQ will place servers in China for this reason (though likely other areas close by).

One single shared and persistent universe, it wouldn't make sense to create region-based servers. 

On the topic of China, Eve Online couldn't even get away with sharing access to their primary server there. In fact, they had to release a whole different version of the game for the Chinese market. With NQ's size, it just simply is not feasible to dedicate resources to doing that right now. 

Maybe sometime in the future if DU takes off and becomes popular enough to warrant building out a whole new cluster there with a team dedicated to supporting their player base. However, right now the juice isn't worth the squeeze.