NO MONTHLY SUB. PLEASE!!

Xplosiv

Nobody will want to pay a subscription anymore.

Is Novaquark wanting to have only ten thousands of players on their game ?

It is a misconception that games with "only" tens of thousands of players "failed". Its not because the elephant in the room has millions of subs, that every other mmo needs the same to be concidered succesful. Ideas like that is why mmo's are how they are today.

Obviously not everybody agrees or even likes the genre this way. Would we be happy with millions of players? Yes we would but only if that does not affect the ultimate vision of the game.

And clearly you want to play the game or you wouldnt be here posting. ;)

It is a misconception that games with "only" tens of thousands of players "failed". Its not because the elephant in the room has millions of subs, that every other mmo needs the same to be concidered succesful. Ideas like that is why mmo's are how they are today.

Obviously not everybody agrees or even likes the genre this way. Would we be happy with millions of players? Yes we would but only if that does not affect the ultimate vision of the game.

And clearly you want to play the game or you wouldnt be here posting. ;)

but it lacks of content and technical advancements which could only be brought with more money, therefore, becoming more popular.

but it lacks of content and technical advancements which could only be brought with more money, therefore, becoming more popular.

I am not sure if I understand you.

You do realise that NQ does not make content right? NQ only creates tools and systems to interact with. And that costs a lot less then quests, animations, models etc.

Textures, meshes, characters, environment kits, refined blocks and so forth,this game alsao has content.

But believing that ppls will pay a lot per month and forced to build their own content is a mistake and we can see it live since the Kickstarter campain doesnt get much attention compared to the potential of this game.

We are just very fews to accept it, and with this sole base this is not enough to afford such a game, please folks stop your selfish vision.

Textures, meshes, characters, environment kits, refined blocks and so forth,this game alsao has content.

But believing that ppls will pay a lot per month and forced to build their own content is a mistake and we can see it live since the Kickstarter campain doesnt get much attention compared to the potential of this game.

We are just very fews to accept it, and with this sole base this is not enough to afford such a game, please folks stop your selfish vision.

So from the looks of this thread, there are players who have declared they would rather play something else. That's fine, because they have plenty of quality free-to-play scifi sandbox mmo's to choose from.

Have fun! <3

Those are called 'technical advancements'. 'Content' is another story as said.

Nope its not, see Eve.

Every KS has it's downfall. Will rise again at 3 days remaining.

If you are too poor to pay for this game, then don't. Nobody will force you. Or miss you. It's for adults only, no kids, no children - so paying is good. When people don't see the potential because of that "paywall" then be it - people just always want everything free, THAT's the problem.

I have nothing further to say to you, because obviously you just want to troll. And you sir, are butthurt because: "MIMIMIMIMI, I want to play it for free but the devs won't let me" (which is completly wrong btw, because you CAN play for free - but a troll will never be intelligent enough to realize that)

This thread is getting extremely repetitive. Player A says the game will die if it costs money, player B says deal with it, repeat repeat repeat. If no one has anything actually new or constructive to add here, I'm going to go ahead and leave it to this guy to summarize this thread's activity.

popular-sayings-collection-3-004.jpg

This thread is getting extremely repetitive. Player A says the game will die if it costs money, player B says deal with it, repeat repeat repeat. If no one has anything actually new or constructive to add here, I'm going to go ahead and leave it to this guy to summarize this thread's activity.

You love memes, huh? People are going to go back and forth on this subject. It's clear that NQ isn't going to change their model, at least not in the near term. Let people debate. That's what the forums are for...

Addressing the thread:

NQ can't run the servers and continue developing the game in the long-term without subscriptions. It's very simple. If you don't want to pay subscription, don't support Dual Universe. Or, continue to ask for no subscriptions... but know that it's not going to change a thing.

The devs are great about listening to the community, but there are certain things that are non-negotiable. This is one of them. 

So embarrassed by this thread I am. If I could delete it I would. Had no idea it would go on for this long, I was basically joking!  

Edit your post then! Explain that while you would like it to be non-sub, you understand why it has to be. If that's the case, of course....

Addressing the thread:

It's very simple. If you don't want to pay subscription, don't support Dual Universe. Or, continue to ask for no subscriptions... but know that it's not going to change a thing.

The devs are great about listening to the community, but there are certain things that are non-negotiable. This is one of them. 

This is not a question about myself, I told earlier that I don't mind paying a monthly subscription, however looking by the lack of popularity and even the hate it has generated on the internets it looks like this game could remain very unpopular and therefore with no backers, no game, or no great game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg?utm_source=website&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=kickstarter

5.600 backers as I speak while star citizen had six times this amount in its time and not even counting their own site.

Dual universe is now known by everybody, has been covered in many websites, supported by some big names and now stil lacks of new backers; this should alarm NQ

Of course I am standing for a big change in their monetization strategy looking by this popularity failure.

If they cannot afford independance they'll have to pay the price of they'd kill their project.

I would rather prefer to see EA, Tencent, Ubisoft, Microsoft or even Nexon backing up the game as much as needed to end up with something great rather than something close to a prototye due to the lack of money and their will to remain independant at all cost.

So yes, some of you may be fine with the short term benefit for their ego but I call this a selfish attitude.

But at this rate, NQ's vault will be so short of money that we won't end up with a great game but just a weak one.

We all want to play the best game possible, but with just 6K players we won't do much.

This is not a question about myself, I told earlier that I don't mind paying a monthly subscription, however looking by the lack of popularity and even the hate it has generated on the internets it looks like this game could remain very unpopular and therefore with no backers, no game, or no great game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg?utm_source=website&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=kickstarter

5.600 backers as I speak while star citizen had six times this amount in its time and not even counting their own site.

Dual universe is now known by everybody, has been covered in many websites, supported by some big names and now stil lacks of new backers; this should alarm NQ

Of course I am standing for a big change in their monetization strategy looking by this popularity failure.

If they cannot afford independance they'll have to pay the price of they'd kill their project.

I would rather prefer to see EA, Tencent, Ubisoft, Microsoft or even Nexon backing up the game as much as needed to end up with something great rather than something close to a prototye due to the lack of money and their will to remain independant at all cost.

So yes, some of you may be fine with the short term benefit for their ego but I call this a selfish attitude.

But at this rate, NQ's vault will be so short of money that we won't end up with a great game but just a weak one.

We all want to play the best game possible, but with just 6K players we won't do much.

Relax man, it just started. With no real gameplay to show, release in 2018 and the recent no man lies (+ many other games lies), people are more cautious. When the game will be ready, if it will be good as they said, people will play it. Crowfunding doesnt stop with ks, they can keep going until release.

Giving up, calling EA or changing business model is not an option, the game would just not work.

5,600 backers support subscriptions. Please, please don't compare DU Kickstarter to Star Citizen.

I'm a fan of Star Citizen, but the games are very different. And just because SC went viral on Kickstater/internet doesn't mean every good/potentially good game has to in order to be a success.