NO MONTHLY SUB. PLEASE!!

Xplosiv

Its all good, you want free to play? Ok Im out, no money from me. I've been waiting for years for a game worth playing that embraces a return to the subscription.

If all the free to play games out there were so great why arent we off playing them right now? Why dont you have any memorable friends or have any love for playing those games? Why did you in the end abandon them and go banging the war dums asking for more free stuff somewhere else?

Is it possible those developers dont listen to their community, they dont develop actual game content, the people youre playing with have no money and no integrity. Not only are the spineless creeps but they lack coordination to push buttons on their keyboards and cant complete basic dungeons as a group. Well thats ok, they devs will just let you all swipe that credit card to get over the difficult stuff.

No wait everyone. I think instead of using the single shard technology that JC and Devs developed over the past few years isnt what we should do at ALL!

Lets make it like second life, well make private people run their own servers. The cost to licence the software from NQ will be set at $10,000 dollars a year.

Now youll also need a cloud capable server from a major provider, that wont be cheap looks like it costs about $1,200 dollars a month for a basic setup.

$24,400 a year to run your own private piece of the single shard dual universe game! HELL YEA FREE TO PLAY!

Now maybe you didnt want to setup your own slice of life and will just bum off of NQ's free space and make them handle all your character data.

So now you can log into the game, yep didnt have to buy a boxed copy! SO FREE!

Next up, if you want to wear anything other than the basic starter clothes. its 15$ for a shirt, 15$ for pants, 10$ for shoes, 5$ for hats, gloves, and other accessories.

so about 60-70$ to deck your character out with clothing.

You can make a second character, but to unlock a second character slot that will be 25$ per

All right, by golly, you got into the game, and you aren't totally naked anymore. I mean, you weren't forced to pay but you did anyway. so you spent 60$ in the cash shop in month one. but you arent done yet.

To leave Alioth youll have to pay $35 to instantly learn rocketry$ or You can pay 15$ to unlock a tech tree that trains over time but that will take 5 months to train, sorry the learning speed is reduced for players that dont pay a subscription.

So you think. hmm do i want to pay 35$ or wait 5 months and get griefed on Alioth and quit the game?

So you pay 35$

Month 1 expenditure. 95$, but its ok, its ok, nobody FORCED you to pay this.

I could go on like this forever, but do you all get the point yet?

I've never understood why the game industry is the only one out there that folks expect to get their products cheap/free or only pay on a voluntary basis whenever they feel like it.  NO other business I know runs that way.  This game can be likened to a SERVICE.  They keep the service running, you pay for that service.  If you don't want to pay for their services, no one is forcing you to.    Playing cheap video games is not some kind of a "right" and that attitude is screwing up all my video games! 

I not only support the subscription model but I also hope these devs have the guts to charge what they actually NEED to keep making the game better and better over time.  Let the folks who don't want to support them go play one of these other so-called awesome free games out there instead, since there are apparently so many of them available.

I've never understood why the game industry is the only one out there that folks expect to get their products cheap/free or only pay on a voluntary basis whenever they feel like it.  NO other business I know runs that way.  This game can be likened to a SERVICE.  They keep the service running, you pay for that service.  If you don't want to pay for their services, no one is forcing you to.    Playing cheap video games is not some kind of a "right" and that attitude is screwing up all my video games! 

I not only support the subscription model but I also hope these devs have the guts to charge what they actually NEED to keep making the game better and better over time.  Let the folks who don't want to support them go play one of these other so-called awesome free games out there instead, since there are apparently so many of them available.

The devs back in 2001 actually needed 15 USD per month. Nawadays, the servers of that era cost cheap, hence why so many MMOs pop up and mostly from indie devs who go F2P and charge cosmetic boob-jobs for female avatars.

NQ ACTUALLY needs the 15 USD per player to cover the Cloud processing required and to make a profit in the end.

Looks like EVE will be F2P this November. I'm not sure how I feel about this as I am a paid player: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

No worries, it's helping the game to get more people interested. It's not going to be Free2play, it's more like an Hybrid version.

- Clones Alpha are free 2 play but you will be limited to 5M SP and limites to T1 Cruisers max and T1 modules.

- Clones Omega will be for the subscribers and will work as it is now.

So in the end, it changes nothing but may be interesting to the people that was afraid to pay a subscription with no real test. We'll see in the future, but I think that it should have been implanted early. Actually it's 100% better than the introduction of PLEX which clearly destroyed the EvE economy long time ago.

I don't care how many times this has come up. This is the worst way to pay for a game. This is going to release as an alpha, unless it is 1$ a month and the game has no flaws, it wont be worth it. Don't scare away players by doing this!!! PLEASE!!!!! LORDY LORDY O LORDY!!!! 

You should not speak in absolutes, and assume that what is "worst" for you is "worst" for everyone else. They have already stated that they will have an in-game system that will allow you to "PLEX/Subscribe" your account using the in-game market. I for one are so tired of all the F2P games, first of all they are riddled with hackers, second of all they are usually littered with in-game stores forcing you to use more money than you probably would in a subscription based game, their development always dies of after the developers have sucked what they can out of it.. 

Also the B2P models will not ensure that the developers have a continuous revenue to support both future development and server maintenance, P2P will. If you dont want to pay, well fine, noone is forcing you ;)  

TLDR: Just cause you do not like P2P, doesnt mean everyone else agrees with you. 

I'm not sure about others, but from the perspective of the consumer I consider 15$ to be manageable, should the game be 'great' in essence and result in many hours of playtime per month.

I realize some have to watch their financial output. But I could even manage to save up the average MMORPG fee as pupil last decade through pocket money. I am really not sure if that argument, whether openly said or indirectly expressed, should be a valid thing to risk long-term stability.

The 'keeps potential players away' one, too. While abstactly true, in times of reviews and let's plays anyone truly interested can relatively easily determine whether spending 15 / whether taking the plunge is worth it.

@CaptainTwerkmotor "NQ ACTUALLY needs the 15 USD per player to cover the Cloud processing required and to make a profit in the end.   

now this makes more sense, something more justifiable. not just we want more money. 

@ Warden " While abstactly true, in times of reviews and let's plays anyone truly interested can relatively easily determine whether spending 15 / whether taking the plunge is worth it." 

Not everyone in the world can afford $15 a month to play that is incredibly not true. 

•  
  • "

@ Warden " While abstactly true, in times of reviews and let's plays anyone truly interested can relatively easily determine whether spending 15 / whether taking the plunge is worth it." 

Not everyone in the world can afford $15 a month to play that is incredibly not true. 

Yes, yes they can. If someone can't afford 15 USD a month, chances are they have a heck of a lot more problems to take care of than a subscription. That's a weak excuse. Just admit you are a conditionned rat in Skinner's Box of MMOs that are "free to play" but they are actaully an endless grind to advance and you end up paying "Donations" and feeling like you did a good did when they give you free gear, also known as pay-to-win.

Back in 2001 when the 15 USD sub started, that's when your excuse stood. Nowadays it's just lame. Inflation and server costs pretty much made the today's 15 USD more like 5 USD in 2001 money.

@ CaptianTwerkMotor no no no not EVERYONE in the world can afford 15$ a month. that is a fact. 

i  don't play any free games right now. I never said this game should be free, you are the one who is trolling here.  I did say basically, getting a great game for free WOULD be great. 

@ CaptianTwerkMotor no no no not EVERYONE in the world can afford 15$ a month. that is a fact. 

i  don't play any free games right now. I never said this game should be free, you are the one who is trolling here.  I did say basically, getting a great game for free WOULD be great. 

If you are advocating for children in Zimbabwe, I think they have more deadly and imminent things to take care of, like fresh water.

@CaptainTwerkmotor "NQ ACTUALLY needs the 15 USD per player to cover the Cloud processing required and to make a profit in the end.

now this makes more sense, something more justifiable. not just we want more money.

Ofc they want to cover their expanses AND make money, no one will work for free.

I don't get those arguments. When someone can't afford 15$ per month, then you have worse problems and probably should sort your life first. You don't see the huge expanses the game devs have per month, want a free game (at least only buy it once) and get all the support and servers for free for a (assuming eve's history) decade.

All those f2p crap games just survive because of a store.

If they go for plex, you CAN play for free -grind for hours and enjoy DU for free.

If you can't or won't afford 15$ then stop smoking, stop wasting fuel on your 20l/100km car, stop drinking or whatever. But don't whine that 15$ is too much when you spend $$$ on senseless stuff but want to play a game

Yea exactly.

1.: The Argument the monthly fees are needed for the serverproviding is a lie. See guildwars and Guildwars 2. You buy the game one time and than you pay never ever again. And it is a popular MMO. sure they have this Decorationsshop (As long it is no Pay to Win Ingames hop I`m fine with).

2.: Have you "rentgame" fans ever calculated how mutch you pay for a feegame in total over the time? I doub it.

When I buy a game (a game in the 60 Euro category) I play it regulary 1 - 2 Years, and when it is a game with a dynamic universe (like this will be we hope all) sevewral years longer. Let me say so Blizzard and co are real happy for the over 1000 dollars they get from eatch of their adicties...... .

3.: Contuines developent is too no argument, look at all the (good) indie games out there. Starbound, Subnautica, Empyrion.... do they ask you for a fee or pay for eatch major update? No. So seems that it is not a "survival" needed thing.

I have a princip: I buy my games, I can play them when I want or not, and not only when I payed a damn fee for them. For this we buy them.

And yes yes I know, now you come with the Steam thingi, that you own only a uselicence and not the game... Who cares, 95% of my steamgames run steamindependend if I want, I have them on my harddrive installed, wha means even when steam does now disapear suddenly I can still play the most of them. And many of my games I get direct from the devs webpages or from store so.... This gargument counts for me not too.

I totaly agree with you!!!

Beside this nowadays you can start dedicated server or rent server and run the games... no extra costs for the devs!

If a game is good, the community also is supporting the devs...

P2P is a nightmare and sorry if this comes ture, then without me and I guess without much other people too!

I totaly agree with you!!!

Beside this nowadays you can start dedicated server or rent server and run the games... no extra costs for the devs!

If a game is good, the community also is supporting the devs...

P2P is a nightmare and sorry if this comes ture, then without me and I guess without much other people too!

Go play the F2P cheap WoW knockoffs from Korea, they are heavily instanced and you get to grind for 1 month to get a weapon you could bu from their store for 30 USD (which you will, you well conditioned Skinner's rat).

The rest of us, want a quality MMO with good servers and no Pay-2-Win or hackers.

Ok so you will run one server for DU then? You know that this doesn't work right? You have no clue what SINGLESHARD means do you?

People these days....posting nonsense everywhere

Guess what, it works. Learn engineering and net-coding. Cloud based server is why DUAL is standing out of the crowd of MMOs. Single-shard, no instances. Watch the Youtube channel on Dual Universe, see the server tech demo. If you are not a console peasant, you may understand the hype behind the game and why private servers won't be run in the same scale as the official one :)

Yes, this game deserves its payment model of subscription. You want an itnernational MMO with Dual's features? You have to pay (or be a farmbot that lives out of PLEX, I don't care really).

Just let my thread die here! No matter which way they want people to pay, i will be paying. the more i learn about this game the more i want it. the only thing i could think to complain about was the pay method.  I prefer Buy to play but whatever.  

Kill this thread, it has served its purpose. 

Go play the F2P cheap WoW knockoffs from Korea, they are heavily instanced and you get to grind for 1 month to get a weapon you could bu from their store for 30 USD (which you will, you well conditioned Skinner's rat).

The rest of us, want a quality MMO with good servers and no Pay-2-Win or hackers.

It must be your fetish to mention korean mmo's in all threads... or you don't know what else too write...

Grow up man and accept that other people don't need to share your opinion and that your opinion is not the only opinion!

XD you make me laugh XD

Your P2P is at 90% P2Win ^^

B2P means you buy once a game and then play as much you want...^^ you don't seem to understand this.

Look if you wanna pay... lets say 15 euros per months for  3 years... (as example) so do it... think well how much it will cost you totaly, comparing too once 60 euro.

And realize most of the ordinary normal games are B2P Buy to Play and are running well free updates frequently... no dev is starving. Servers can be for free (dedicated)... but well you doN't wanna realize this... argue like you want but live me in peace and grow up and go save a cat from a tree or something that way, do something good and now PEACE.