SUGGESTION to NQ about PACKS

JDsplice

Establish a new Title and Purchasing/Rewarding system...

---{New buyers would look like this}---

Contributor (can upgrade later to Sponsor or Patron minus Contributor cost)

Sponsor (can upgrade later to Patron minus Sponsor cost)

Patron [At highest tier already]

---{Old backers would look like this}---

Bronze/Iron Founder (only original rewards)

Silver Contributor (Original Silver & Contributor rewards)

Gold Sponsor (Original Gold & Sponsor rewards)

Sapphire^ Patron (Original Sapphire^ & Contributor rewards)   ^ = or higher Teir

After which give the following upgrade options for a 50% discount...

Bronze/Iron Founder ---> Bronze/Iron Contributor, Bronze/Iron Sponsor, or Bronze/Iron Patron

Silver Contributor ---> Silver Sponsor or Silver Patron

Gold Sponsor ---> Gold Patron

Sapphire^ ---> [At highest tier already]

* New system shows new package title and old backer title if applicable

* Allows upgrades for both backers and new accounts

* Generates more revenue than the current system

* Keeps all perks on one account

* A lot easier to understand

* Would not take anything away from current backers or new pack owners

NOTE: Upgrades on the new packs would REPLACE the previous tier.

I think it's a good idea, but should be price = new pack - old pack.  It's a lot simpler than a 50% reduction.

Or something like price = new pack - (old pack +x)... if NQ wishes to add a discount for old backers.

Reason being is simply that a bronze founder would end up paying less than a silver founder for something like the patron package.  With a flat 50% reduction, a linear model is much more fair.

I'm in favor of allowing earlier backers to take a supporter pack, even at full price if needed.

• Currently, bronze and silver backers have no option to back the game again without splitting into two accounts.
  • Also, several backers (including myself) have expressed the will to get the few exclusive rewards of the supporter packs (esp. the T-Shirt it seams) and/or further support NQ.

Regards,

Shadow

At the risk of repeating myself one too many times, I want that t-shirt. 

I'd probably buy a few so I can actually wear them. :lol:

Please consider setting up a system that allows me to buy a few select items. Although I am aware that this would bring some additional work to the team. 

If anyone supports my proposal or just upgrades in general, make sure you post it in this thread so NQ can get more feed back than just me or a couple of others.  I'm positive that there are more of you out there, but you have to be vocal about it to affect change for the better.  In the long run, it would benefit all of us even if you don't plan on upgrading because it will simply generate more revenue that can be used for more servers, development, hiring new talent, ect.  If you have your own idea on how you think it should be, then let's hear about it.

I want to upgrade.
I don't want to have to make a new account to do so and have seperate rewards on seperate accounts.

I don't need a discount (though it would be nice).

So some kind of upgrade path or a way of merging accounts would be fantastic.

I don't mind the name changes and I'm all for being able to upgrade say an bronze founder to a bronze patron.

I'm not for the half off, however, especially because as founders you would already be getting stuff ontop of stuff.

1 hour ago, DarkHorizon said:

I don't mind the name changes and I'm all for being able to upgrade say an bronze founder to a bronze patron.

I'm not for the half off, however, especially because as founders you would already be getting stuff ontop of stuff.

The last part is unknown.  If it’s a straight upgrade I imagine you’d lose many of the founders perks.  

It’s easy to upgrade from a founders package that automatically receives a supporter pack.  Just pay the difference in received supporter, and desired supporter.

However, ones who don’t?  Hard to say.  

I personally think the best option is to be able to purchase a second pack.

For all its flaws and issues, Albion Online has a really nice implementation for this where each founder account has a slot for the founder pack as well as a slot for an add on starter pack if you choose to buy an additional starter pack to gain access to the perk included.

This is really not an issue of "can't be done" but of NQ choosing it not to be possible,  quite different.

Just another kickstarter backer adding to the crowd noise:

I'd like to be able to upgrade instead of getting a separate account, since that means needing to manage both and paying more. I'm far from against spending money on dual universe, but I'd like to not be penalized for being an early supporter. ;)

With all the ideas and suggestions, will there really be no way for a Bronze Founder to upgrade/buy a Contributor pack?

As i don't want to make a different user just so as to buy the "CONTRIBUTOR PACK" i find it quite weird that i cannot even pay the 60 euro to just buy it! 

Hi everyone,

Despite the fact some seem to believe the contrary, it was never said that it will remain forever impossible to add a Supporter Pack to a Founder account.

It's not possible, for the time being. It's not meant to stay that way. It's a huge work that has started before we released the Supporter Packs. Ideally we would have released this possibility at the same time as the Supporter Packs. However, as we saw it would never make it in time with the Supporter Packs schedule, we decided it will be implemented at a later time. We hear your concerns and yes, it was already planned, just delayed for now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We will keep you informed when we will have more details on this topic.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

6 hours ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Hi everyone,

Despite the fact some seem to believe the contrary, it was never said that it will remain forever impossible to add a Supporter Pack to a Founder account.

It's not possible, for the time being. It's not meant to stay that way. It's a huge work that has started before we released the Supporter Packs. Ideally we would have released this possibility at the same time as the Supporter Packs. However, as we saw it would never make it in time with the Supporter Packs schedule, we decided it will be implemented at a later time. We hear your concerns and yes, it was already planned, just delayed for now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We will keep you informed when we will have more details on this topic.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thank you so much for addressing this issue.  You have done a wonderful job with the game and communicating with the players.  I think it's great that you plan to add the ability to upgrade later and look forward to that option in the future.  Keep up the great work!  Thanks Nyzaltar!

• 1 month later...

All backers can now buy the new packs:

We recently distributed rewards from Supporter Packs to Founder Backers who pledged a Founder Pack of equal level. During this time, we received significant feedback from various Founder Backers who were interested in purchasing Supporter Packs as well. Until now, it was only possible to have one Backer Pack per Dual Universe account. We have improved our website and now Founder Backers can pledge for a Supporter Pack in addition to their already existing Founder Pack.

Reference: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/2174948

~ Merwyn