DU Gaming Community

Cybrex

DU STEAM GROUP LINK

I'll keep details of the servers setup for our various games in this post, currently we have a server for Space Engineers, and one for Empyrion coming online tomorrow. (Special thanks to Wilks Chekov for making this happen.)

Feel free to join the steam group, and add other people in the community as a friend. Also feel free to post your steam id in this thread if you want. :)

The poll had many varied votes, and several of you chose games other than Space Engineers/Empyrion. That's fine of course, and nothing can stop you from meeting up with other members of the community to play those games. Just join the steam group and have fun! :D

DU Space Engineers Server

Server Name: Dual Universe SE

World Name: DU-SE

Game Suggestions (Not necessarily all Sci Fi Games) that we could play together. Some of these are free, some cost money:

• Empyrion
  • DayZ (Mod or Standalone)
  • Everquest Landmark
  • H1Z1 Survival
  • Life is Feudal
  • Salem
  • Transformice
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Pulsar: Lost Colony
  • Tempest 
  • Guns of Icarus
  • Space Engineers
  • Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator
  • Quintet : https://www.quintet.us/
  • Space Station 13 (not very friendly to groups of players)
  • Rust
  • Ark
  • Wurm Unlimited (or Wurm Online)
  • Minecraft

I'll probably have more ideas to add to this list later. 

Game Suggestions (Not necessarily all Sci Fi Games) that we could play together. Some of these are free, some cost money:

• Empyrion
  • DayZ (Mod or Standalone)
  • Everquest Landmark
  • H1Z1 Survival
  • Life is Feudal
  • Salem
  • Transformice
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Pulsar: Lost Colony
  • Tempest 
  • Guns of Icarus
  • Space Engineers
  • Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator
  • Quintet : https://www.quintet.us/
  • Space Station 13 (not very friendly to groups of players)
  • Rust
  • Ark
  • Wurm Unlimited (or Wurm Online)
  • Minecraft

I'll probably have more ideas to add to this list later. 

Pulsar could be pretty fun

Pulsar could be pretty fun

I'm down for a long game of Pulsar this Friday if anyone else has it :D

It's as close as we're going to get to multicrew combat for a long time I'm thinking. 

its like a team of 5 people controlling a space craft

Ah ok, I looked it up. I think I had been looking in to getting it at some point. Maybe soon, who knows. :D

I would like to see an Empyrion server go up for the community. Heard a lot of good things out of it, and the two hours I played were pretty entertaining. 

Ah ok, I looked it up. I think I had been looking in to getting it at some point. Maybe soon, who knows. :D

I would like to see an Empyrion server go up for the community. Heard a lot of good things out of it, and the two hours I played were pretty entertaining. 

I have like 50-60 hours in it ... started it way back when there was like 2-3 planets and you had a crashed ship not a pod.   Fun game but never played multiplayer.  I don't think there is PvP yet but I think you can play team oriented.  I'd be all for that. I am off work today sooo ...... :D

"I wholly support this idea. The more we play together, the more we get to know each other and build long lasting friendships that will be crucial to individual and collective survival in coming times. Cheers to Cybrex, yamamushi and to others for their efforts in bringing the Dual Universe community together."

I have like 50-60 hours in it ... started it way back when there was like 2-3 planets and you had a crashed ship not a pod.   Fun game but never played multiplayer.  I don't think there is PvP yet but I think you can play team oriented.  I'd be all for that. I am off work today sooo ...... :D

I'll look in to picking it up when I get off work later today. :D

"I wholly support this idea. The more we play together, the more we get to know each other and build long lasting friendships that will be crucial to individual and collective survival in coming times. Cheers to Cybrex, yamamushi and to others for their efforts in bringing the Dual Universe community together."

Thanks Aetherios, it is appreciated. :)

I'll look in to picking it up when I get off work later today. :D

Thanks Aetherios, it is appreciated. :)

"Out of positive votes, again! Well, I'll just live the like as a text instead. Like!"

I have an empyrion server already, I can rename it if it is wanted. I'll also have to up the player count. I'll post info in the steam group once I join for who ever might want to play on it.

What about Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator??? I have yet to play it, but it loos like fun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/247350

Alright, poll has gone up everyone. Place your votes, and after a week we'll tally it up and I'll work with other members of the community to help make things happen. Also, if I missed anything, let me know and I'll put it up in the poll.

I've got a mini server that I was using to run a small Minecraft FTB server.

If people want to play then I don't mind turning it back on, it's not costing anyone money then and can be white listed so no griefers :)