Confused about new Packs

JDsplice

I'm a Gold backer.  Which option do I have?

1. I now own a Sponsor Pack in addition to my Gold backer rewards.

2. The Sponsor Pack replaces the Gold backer stuff.

3. I only get the original Gold backer items.

If #2 is true, I'd be pretty upset to be downgraded from 23 DAC's to only 7.

NQ has provided a lot of information about this already.  They provided the information primarily in the news announcement http://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/03/07/supporter-rewards-for-founder-backers/ and then some clarification has been added in the following posts:

-Edit-

The founder information can still be seen in the kickstarter page:

There has been no information that would point to us losing any of those founder items.

Edited by Felonu
Additional information

4 minutes ago, The_War_Doctor said:

if you go to the Kickstarter page it still shows the gold backers rewards

Here is the link if anyone else wants it.

Sorry it posted a video instead of the kickstarter page link.  Can't figure out how to make it just a link.

Just now, JDsplice said:

Thanks,

So what happens if I want to upgrade to the Patron Pack?  

Seems you can't do that. 

Already a backer and looking to obtain the awesome items seen in the new Supporter Packs? Unfortunately, upgrading from Founder to Supporter isn’t possible. However, starting from the Silver Founder level to Kyrium level, we'll gift you guys selected items from the Supporter Packs as a token of our appreciation.

Yes, I am interested because I fully support the game and would have gotten a higher tier Founder's Pack, but sadly could not afford it.  I would like to formally request some way of getting the new packs at a discount as a perk for being a Founder.  Even a little bit would go a long way.

Examples would be after purchase...

Gold Contributor

Silver Patron

Kyrium Sponsor

I can understand that. For me it's wanting to buy the t-shirt separately. 

Though there are probably good reasons why they did what they did. Technical, time, logistics etc. 

If it makes a difference, the extra stuff we got is really not bad. 

Ok, tried to buy the Patron Pack but got...

"No need to upgrade, we have your back! We plan to give you all the new items for free under certain conditions, please refer to the dedicated F.A.Q for more info."

Clicking on the FAQ...

If you have backed the project during the Kickstarter campaign, or if you’ve pledged for a Founder Pack on our previous website, you will be granted the items (both digital and physical, depending on the Founder Pack you pledged for) of the equivalent Supporter Pack for free.

For example, that means that if you had pledged for a Silver package you will receive all exclusive items included in the Traveler Supporter package in addition to the rewards promised in the Silver package.

But you said I only get some of the stuff in the Sponsor Pack cuz I'm a Gold Backer?  Above, it's saying I get everything.  See why this is so confusing.

54 minutes ago, JDsplice said:

For everyone posting the same link https://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/03/07/supporter-rewards-for-founder-backers/ over and over, I have seen and read this already, but it is still confusing.

Wow, again with the link.

"For example, that means that if you had pledged for a Silver package you will receive all exclusive items included in the Traveler Supporter package in addition to the rewards promised in the Silver package."

I think the "Traveler Supporter package" is really the "Contributor Pack" and if so that means you get everything from what they are saying in the FAQ.  The problem is that the FAQ is saying one thing and the LINK you keep posting over and over is saying another.

The fact remains that NQ stated the following is correct over and over and over:

Gold Founder Backers gain:

• Sanctuary Territory Unit (x1)
  • Legacy Earth Outfit (Silver)
  • Arkship Passenger Outfit (Bronze & Silver)
  • Supporter Pet lvl.1 & lvl.2 (different from Founder Pets)
  • Legacy Resurrection Node (x1)
  • Furniture Props set (10 props set)
  • Character Animation Pack (5 animations)
  • Fireworks (x100)
  • Extra Character Customization (x6)
  • Supporter Character Name Reservation (lower priority than Founder ones)
  • Content Creator Pack
  • Arkship Cryogenic Tube (decorative Element)

Gain as in addition to the original gold pack.

Alright, you said you got Gold originally, right? Well that means you get...

Gold Founder backers gain:

• Sanctuary Territory Unit (x1)
  • Legacy Earth Outfit (Silver)
  • Arkship Passenger Outfit (Bronze & Silver)
  • Supporter Pet lvl.1 & lvl.2 (different from Founder Pets)
  • Legacy Resurrection Node (x1)
  • Furniture Props set (10 props set)
  • Character Animation Pack (5 animations)
  • Fireworks (x100)
  • Extra Character Customization (x6)
  • Supporter Character Name Reservation (lower priority than Founder ones)
  • Content Creator Pack

rewards-explained.jpg

Hades beat me by one second, lol

3 minutes ago, JDsplice said:

So are you saying that the FAQ is completely wrong then?

I’m saying they had an old naming system for the FAQ, and it was a small slip.  I would say the majority of the FAQ is correct, they slipped with a small nomenclature.

They literally list everything you get at the bottom of the FAQ as well :)

Thanks Hades.  It would have been much simpler if someone said that at the beginning instead of post the same damn link over and over and over.  So NQ needs to fix the FAQ then plain and simple.  EDIT: Wow, they fixed it already.

Q:  So if you bought bronze, then you are SOL on wanting to upgrade or buy better access?  Meaning you would have make another account just to buy one of the new packs?

13 minutes ago, JDsplice said:

Thanks Hades.  It would have been much simpler if someone said that at the beginning instead of post the same damn link over and over and over.  So NQ needs to fix the FAQ then plain and simple.  EDIT: Wow, they fixed it already.

Q:  So if you bought bronze, then you are SOL on wanting to upgrade or buy better access?  Meaning you would have make another account just to buy one of the new packs?

Yes, you would have to create another account if you wanted to purchase a supporter pack.

Haha yeah, sorry.  Thought the link was pretty straight forward.  And yeah, I hope NQ allows some more flexibility on packages at some point.