How hard (or easy) will it be to earn DAC?

NQ-Nyzaltar

5 minutes ago, dualism said:

I think the prices of low level stuff will go down over time, not up, meaning basic work in game will become less valuable over time, also in relation to the ability to buy DACs. ... I think I'll write on my semi-diary if anyone wants to branch out.

That's a difficult one. 

As more money is in circulation price will go up. Why ask 10 if people can pay 15? It's not much different than what we see in real life. At least that's how I see it happening. 

My issue with prices for ore going down is that there is no automation. Something like scale economics won't work like in real life where armies of machines dig up more than people ever could. 

Though I can see your line of thinking as well.

2 minutes ago, Falstaf said:

My issue with prices for ore going down is that there is no automation. Something like scale economics won't work like in real life where armies of machines dig up more than people ever could. 

If anything I think ore will go up. Miners and gathers will be well paid in my eyes, especially as time progresses. We know that we get factory units which will greatly speed up the development of mass produced ships, so we will need even more ore and materials to pump into the factory to get more ships. Higher demand for materials means higher pay for said materials. 

2 minutes ago, The_War_Doctor said:

If anything I think ore will go up. Miners and gathers will be well paid in my eyes, especially as time progresses. We know that we get factory units which will greatly speed up the development of mass produced ships, so we will need even more ore and materials to pump into the factory to get more ships. Higher demand for materials means higher pay for said materials. 

I share that opinion. ^_^

But we have to admit that it's all a guessing game for now. 

Just now, Falstaf said:

I share that opinion. ^_^

But we have to admit that it's all a guessing game for now. 

True, but DU will have a very realistic Economy too. Price of goods is a combination of demand and what the lowest someone is willing to sell for. Trade wars are fun and all. Local markets will vary a lot too. makes me wonder how it will affect dac prices....

14 minutes ago, The_War_Doctor said:

. Local markets will vary a lot too. makes me wonder how it will affect dac prices....

Good question. 

I'm not sure if locality is a big factor in DAC cost since you can buy DAC from anywhere in the world. At first glance there is little need to transport DAC I think. 

That is what im curious about. Can you transfer it between accounts instantly or do you need to be in contact with someone.....i could go on a tangent about the possibilities of online markets and everything. but lets keep this about dacs lol

yes lol, trying to keep it about dacs, even as a wider topic now. I didn't manage to correlate a good dac price just now on my own tangent thread...

19 minutes ago, Falstaf said:

I'm not sure if locality is a big factor in DAC cost since you can buy DAC from anywhere in the world.

You won't be able to buy DAC from anywhere if a local market hasn't got any, but I expect fresh cash DACs can be dropped to wherever a character is, so markets can be supplied without transportation as such if someone with dollars sees an opportunity...

English (deepl used)

he purchase of DAC from NQ and the monthly fee with DAC is possible from anywhere.
Trading with DAC's only in the place where the item is located. Therefore, a bank can also act on behalf of the player and buy for him/her or pay the monthly fees without having to be present.

German (original)

Der Kauf von DAC von NQ und die Monatsgebühr mit DAC ist von überall möglich.
Der Handel mit DAC's nur an dem Ort wo sich das Item befindet. Daher kann eine Bank auch im Auftrag handeln und für den Spieler kaufen oder die Monatsgebühren abgeben ohne das dieser anwesend sein muß.

Die Waldfee
Edited by huschhusch
precise

I think DAC prices will naturally fluctuate (to some degree) depending on where you are.  If you’re the only one selling DACs at a remote station, why not add a 10-15% fee to the “standard” price?  Is it worth traveling all the way back to a major hub for 10-15%?  

I’m not sure if we will be able to tax market terminals, but that would also impact the overall price.

2 hours ago, Hades said:

I think DAC prices will naturally fluctuate (to some degree) depending on where you are.  If you’re the only one selling DACs at a remote station, why not add a 10-15% fee to the “standard” price?  Is it worth traveling all the way back to a major hub for 10-15%?  

I’m not sure if we will be able to tax market terminals, but that would also impact the overall price.

That's the point really. If DACs are unlootable then risky traderuns to such remote places won't exist. Risk vs. Reward.

And i guess NQ will keep a close watch in DAC prices too (as does CCP in plex prices), cause you don't want them to be all over the place