Sapphire and up gets ALL of the patron pack?

Hotwingz

Hey guys, 

So am I reading this right, that sapphire and up gets everything included in the Patron Pack? 

I got a digital ruby, am I also getting the t-shirt? Could this be true or am I not reading this right? 

Maybe @NQ-Nyzaltar can clarify this so there are no misunderstandings? 

2 minutes ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

http://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/03/07/supporter-rewards-for-founder-backers/

Not all of it, but most of it. This article has the things u gain in it.

I read that too. 

But a org member pointed me to that info graphic saying something different, or so we thought. We got confused. 

So I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. 

I have a question. If I bought patron would it give me alpha 1 and 2? It only says pre alpha, so I don’t know if it would give me the rest. It says it gives beta too but how would I know if it gives the rest of alpha?

24 minutes ago, FullSend said:

I have a question. If I bought patron would it give me alpha 1 and 2? It only says pre alpha, so I don’t know if it would give me the rest. It says it gives beta too but how would I know if it gives the rest of alpha?

Yes, we have to assume that pr-alpha access includes alpha 1 and 2 access.  No other information has been given, and that would logically follow.

23 minutes ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

Logic

It makes us all look bad when anyone is disrespectful.

Edited by Felonu
Formatting mistake

1 hour ago, FullSend said:

Hey buddy, the previous program simply stated alpha access, but we also get beta access.  So it’s safe to assume pre alpha gets alpha, and beta as well :)

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Hey buddy, the previous program simply stated alpha access, but we also get beta access.  So it’s safe to assume pre alpha gets alpha, and beta as well :)

Thank you for the response. And the logical way is to not assume actually. It should be directly clarified in small text above the 3 supporter packs. But I don’t know if it is worth it as it gives a low amount of DACs and the alpha isn’t on 24/7. I would hope and assume beta has servers online 24/7 or else this is “scammy”.... 

7 minutes ago, FullSend said:

Thank you for the response. And the logical way is to not assume actually. It should be directly clarified in small text above the 3 supporter packs. But I don’t know if it is worth it as it gives a low amount of DACs and the alpha isn’t on 24/7. I would hope and assume beta has servers online 24/7 or else this is “scammy”.... 

I don’t think it’s illogical to assume at all.  The packs have always contained the lower tiers.  It’s how they work, and this includes access.  If you have pre-alpha, then you have alpha and beta.

I also wouldn’t consider the server status to be “scammy” at all either.  The server tech clearly works, as outlined in the devblogs about various tests.  The reason they are not 24/7 is because of French law that doesn’t allow people to work for extended amounts of time.  The majority of the day is spent fixing bugs and implementing new content.  And as such, they work as a team.  They just aren’t at a point where they can do anything else.

In order to implement 24/7 they either have to leave the tech completely unattended... or they need to hire more staff for shifts that cover the entire spectrum.  I could speak more on the topic, but I believe I would infringe on the NDA.

Do I think this will be implemented by beta?  Yes, is it a scam if it isn’t?  No.

1 hour ago, Hades said:

I don’t think it’s illogical to assume at all.  The packs have always contained the lower tiers.  It’s how they work, and this includes access.  If you have pre-alpha, then you have alpha and beta.

I also wouldn’t consider the server status to be “scammy” at all either.  The server tech clearly works, as outlined in the devblogs about various tests.  The reason they are not 24/7 is because of French law that doesn’t allow people to work for extended amounts of time.  The majority of the day is spent fixing bugs and implementing new content.  And as such, they work as a team.  They just aren’t at a point where they can do anything else.

In order to implement 24/7 they either have to leave the tech completely unattended... or they need to hire more staff for shifts that cover the entire spectrum.  I could speak more on the topic, but I believe I would infringe on the NDA.

Do I think this will be implemented by beta?  Yes, is it a scam if it isn’t?  No.

Now I see your points, but let’s be honest here. Who are we kidding, why would anyone buy beta to have the servers up once every once in a while. 180$ could buy you games that you can play **all** the time. I understand it in alpha but again NQ never said this until alpha. We could’ve assumed if we bought founder packs long before alpha that it was going to be 24/7 because they didn’t say. This is what I call misinformation and it’s not what we want. Let’s just hope beta is online most of the time, or else I can see some serious amounts of refund requests coming.... 

20 minutes ago, FullSend said:

Now I see your points, but let’s be honest here. Who are we kidding, why would anyone buy beta to have the servers up once every once in a while. 180$ could buy you games that you can play **all** the time. I understand it in alpha but again NQ never said this until alpha. We could’ve assumed if we bought founder packs long before alpha that it was going to be 24/7 because they didn’t say. This is what I call misinformation and it’s not what we want. Let’s just hope beta is online most of the time, or else I can see some serious amounts of refund requests coming.... 

NQ clearly outlined that alpha would not start out 24/7.  I didn’t even question that the servers weren’t up 24/7 when pre-alpha launched.  Once again, this was discussed many times before alpha due to the French labor laws.  

If your goal is to simply play the game.  Do NOT buy into the pre-alpha access for sure.  Heck, if I were you... I would wait until the servers come up online 24/7 before even putting a cent down.  Since that seems to be your desire.  These packs are solely for people who believe in the vision of the game.  The patron pack is for those who wish to help NQ stress their servers so we can break stuff, and NQ can fix it.  Thus allowing us to get closer to the 24/7 servers.  

There’s nothing wrong with taking a step back, and seeing how things shake out.  And if the game is in a state you can get behind... then you should hop on :)

It’s also important to note that you get quite a bit with these packs.  12 DACs is equivalent to 12x15 euros?  So you’re not just buying early access.  You literally get the equivalent in game time.

Addressed to all:

I cannot be more abundantly clear than the following:  If you don’t wholeheartedly believe in a project... do NOT back it.  It’s best for both parties.  You don’t feel ripped off if things don’t go as planned, and the development team does not have to deal with unsatisfied backers.

So many crowdfunded projects become a cluster fumble because backers expect more than is promised.  NQs promise is to do their damnedest to make the best space exploration/civilization/building/conflict MMO in existence.  Could the project completely fall apart for some reason?  Sure.  But when you look at the track record of NQ and the amount of heart and soul they’ve put into the community and the game itself... I don’t think that’s likely at this point :)

In the end, I hope you stick around (whether or not you buy a package or not).  The community of DU is truly unprecedented in many areas.  And I’d say this is mainly because of the team behind it, they are responsible for cultivating this community.

@fullsend - Then they simply should not buy it if they are not prepared....there is no use grumbling over it.

You are not buying the game, they are asking you to support them them so they can make a great game.......and to thank you for your support you get perks and privileges from the Devs for your faith in their vision.

Please don't get confused between entitlement because you bought access and a simple finalised game.

The difference between them are big and the requirements to create it are very different.

If you want to play instancing games or mini multiplayer games enjoy the selection you have at your fingertips.

You also know that it is clearly stated that the game is under development and will not always be available in its development phases during pre-alpha, and alpha for longer interval sessions, eventually moving into full 24 hour in beta when most people will want to start taking part as most of the basics have been ironed out.

Also you buy the supporter packs knowing all this......before hand so there should not really be any grumbling.....

Disclaimer: you are joining a game that is under development. While you will be able to play and we hope you will enjoy the game, this is a real Pre-Alpha and as such, you must expect the following :
  • The game servers are available once per week (Each test date & time is available at the top of the Dual Universe homepage)
  • The Pre-Alpha phase is under strict NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). It means you cannot share footage of the game.
  • There will be bugs, game crashes and the client isn't optimized for low specs computers.
  • As we are in Pre-Alpha, not every gameplay feature (such as PvP and the Economy) is available in-game. You can check the homepage in order to see what is available now and what will come later. You can also check the community Trello for more information.

19 minutes ago, Hades said:

NQ clearly outlined that alpha would not start out 24/7.  I didn’t even question that the servers weren’t up 24/7 when pre-alpha launched.  Once again, this was discussed many times before alpha due to the French labor laws.  

If your goal is to simply play the game.  Do NOT buy into the pre-alpha access for sure.  Heck, if I were you... I would wait until the servers come up online 24/7 before even putting a cent down.  Since that seems to be your desire.  These packs are solely for people who believe in the vision of the game.  The patron pack is for those who wish to help NQ stress their servers so we can break stuff, and NQ can fix it.  Thus allowing us to get closer to the 24/7 servers.  

There’s nothing wrong with taking a step back, and seeing how things shake out.  And if the game is in a state you can get behind... then you should hop on :)

It’s also important to note that you get quite a bit with these packs.  12 DACs is equivalent to 12x15 euros?  So you’re not just buying early access.  You literally get the equivalent in game time.

Addressed to all:

I cannot be more abundantly clear than the following:  If you don’t wholeheartedly believe in a project... do NOT back it.  It’s best for both parties.  You don’t feel ripped off if things don’t go as planned, and the development team does not have to deal with unsatisfied backers.

So many crowdfunded projects become a cluster fumble because backers expect more than is promised.  NQs promise is to do their damnedest to make the best space exploration/civilization/building/conflict MMO in existence.  Could the project completely fall apart for some reason?  Sure.  But when you look at the track record of NQ and the amount of heart and soul they’ve put into the community and the game itself... I don’t think that’s likely at this point :)

In the end, I hope you stick around (whether or not you buy a package or not).  The community of DU is truly unprecedented in many areas.  And I’d say this is mainly because of the team behind it, they are responsible for cultivating this community.

I totally agree and didn’t notice that they announced that early, which is probably because they didn’t mention it clearly where you **buy** the founder package (also most people don’t read TOS or other terms before buying if it was)... But if this is about supporting the game altogether some people don’t want to invest 60$ let alone 15$, so this is really out of place. Supporter packs should be **cheaper** if anything than founder packs because they are **worse** in a way. And NQ doesn’t need to worry about margin because this is a game so why is it so hard to keep it low cost and also have higher packages like before. 

7 hours ago, Falstaf said:

Hey guys, 

So am I reading this right, that sapphire and up gets everything included in the Patron Pack? 

I got a digital ruby, am I also getting the t-shirt? Could this be true or am I not reading this right? 

Maybe @NQ-Nyzaltar can clarify this so there are no misunderstandings? 

The following is what you will get as a Founder with the Automatic Supporter Rewards System

"Automatic Supporter Rewards for Founder Backers

Basically, we decided to upgrade founder pledges with supporter rewards except:

• DACs from Supporter Packs
  • Beta Keys from Supporter Packs
  • In-game and forum titles from Supporter Packs
  • Name in credits as a Supporter backer
  • T-Shirt from Patron Pack.

What does it mean for each Founder backer level:

Silver Founder backers gain:

• Alpha 2 Access (instead of Beta)
  • Sanctuary Territory Unit (x1)
  • Arkship Passenger Outfit (Bronze)
  • Supporter Pet lvl.1 (different from Founder Pets)
  • Legacy Resurrection Node (x1)
  • Extra Character Customization (x3)

Gold Founder backers gain:

• Sanctuary Territory Unit (x1)
  • Legacy Earth Outfit (Silver)
  • Arkship Passenger Outfit (Bronze & Silver)
  • Supporter Pet lvl.1 & lvl.2 (different from Founder Pets)
  • Legacy Resurrection Node (x1)
  • Furniture Props set (10 props set)
  • Character Animation Pack (5 animations)
  • Fireworks (x50)
  • Extra Character Customization (x6)
  • Supporter Character Name Reservation (lower priority than Founder ones)
  • Content Creator Pack

Sapphire Founder backers (and above) gain:

• Sanctuary Territory Unit (x2)
  • Legacy Earth Outfit (Silver)
  • Arkship Passenger Outfit (Bronze & Silver)
  • Supporter Pet lvl.1, 2 & 3 (different from Founder Pets)
  • Legacy Resurrection Node (x2)
  • Furniture Props set (20 props set)
  • Character Animation Pack (10 animations)
  • Fireworks (x100)
  • Extra Character Customization (x9)
  • Supporter Character Name Reservation (lower priority than Founder ones)
  • Content Creator Pack"

Source: https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001639873-FAQ-Supporter-Packs

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

7 hours ago, FullSend said:

As other's have pointed out, yes, they will include Alpha 1 and 2. While it may not have been the best way to answer the question, they are correct.

"We also announced a while back that those Supporter Packs wouldn't give access before the Alpha 2 phase. However, after many internal discussions, we have decided to proceed differently, for the reasons explained here. If you have only just discovered the project and are ready to dive into the many worlds of Dual Universe, these Supporter Packs will give you the opportunity to help back its ongoing development and redeem exclusive items, too! Not only that, but by pledging the Patron Pack, it will allow you to take part in the live testing during Pre-Alpha!"

Source: http://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/03/07/new-supporter-packs-are-here/

See also; http://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/03/07/regarding-access-to-pre-alpha-and-the-patron-pack/

"Nearing the end of August 2017, we made a second announcement in which we decided to delay the Alpha 1 phase. We wanted to adopt a more progressive approach in development by improving server stability first before adding additional gameplay features.You can find that announcement here.

Today we announced the Supporter packs, which give the following access:

• Contributor Pack: Alpha 2
  • Sponsor Pack: Alpha 1
  • Patron Pack: Pre-Alpha

You can find the announcement here."

The access phase stated in the individual packs just means how early you'll be able to get in to the development of the game. If you back Patron, you will have access to Pre-Alpha, Alpha 1, Alpha 2 and Beta.

Which also leads into the next quote and answer:

2 hours ago, FullSend said:

This is why there are only 3 different packs this time around. You are not buying for the perks. You are buying for the access and to help test and support Novaquark in the development of Dual Universe.

The perks came and went with the Kickstarter and Founder Packs.

" Please choose the Supporter Patron Pack only if:
    - You want to help the Dev team improve the game experience immediately and you are okay to test the game under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
    - You wish to support the game extensively without in-game access at this time.
"

Source: http://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/03/07/regarding-access-to-pre-alpha-and-the-patron-pack/

This is why there is also a big red warning message confirming you this before you confirm and buy the packs.

Disclaimer: you are joining a game that is under development. While you will be able to play and we hope you will enjoy the game, this is a real Pre-Alpha and as such, you must expect the following :
  • The game servers are available once per week (Each test date & time is available at the top of the Dual Universe homepage)
  • The Pre-Alpha phase is under strict NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). It means you cannot share footage of the game.
  • There will be bugs, game crashes and the client isn't optimized for low specs computers.
  • As we are in Pre-Alpha, not every gameplay feature (such as PvP and the Economy) is available in-game. You can check the homepage in order to see what is available now and what will come later. You can also check the community Trello for more information.

Thank you @Alethion for posting this

See the lines I made bold and underlined @FullSend.

47 minutes ago, FullSend said:

I totally agree and didn’t notice that they announced that early, which is probably because they didn’t mention it clearly where you **buy** the founder package (also most people don’t read TOS or other terms before buying if it was)... But if this is about supporting the game altogether some people don’t want to invest 60$ let alone 15$, so this is really out of place. Supporter packs should be **cheaper** if anything than founder packs because they are **worse** in a way. And NQ doesn’t need to worry about margin because this is a game so why is it so hard to keep it low cost and also have higher packages like before. 

The packs are not meant to be about the perks, but rather your faith in Novaquark and helping them with the Development of Dual Universe. :)

Lastly, I believe this should answer the question of the topic now!

~ Meldrik

Edited by Mod-Meldrik