Hidden box

CmdrKordianPiatkovski

Is it possible to bury some boxes underground with stuff I might need later or hide a message in box underground? Someone could dig it out once.
I have not on my mind mechanic like from Rust game; Just dig a hole, put a box with stuff/message in it; Bury it;

It could be fun ;< thanks

2 hours ago, Kordian Piatkovski said:

Buried stuff remains in a ground for what period of time?

Forever(to the end of game), until someone find it. They can decide whether to salvage it or just take stuff in it/put some more stuff in.

1 hour ago, ShioriStein said:

They can decide whether to salvage it or just take stuff in it/put some more stuff in.

If it's buried in a safezone, no one can do anything to it apart from you and whoever you gave perms to it. In fact, if you do it in a safe zone, there isn't a need for the hole at all.

23 minutes ago, Kordian Piatkovski said:

well yeah but what about outside the safe zone - digging in a safe zone hiding things is not what i was meant to achive ;)

Can i dig outside safe zone and place box with stuff then bury it all, will it remain "forever"?

According to the information available, yes, you can dig a hole and put something inside it, and cover it up.  It would last forever (Though some people have proposed ideas for things to degrade over time I don’t believe NQ has addressed that), and if there is a terrain smoothing tool, then you should be able to smooth the ground above it.  This would be possible anywhere outside controlled areas, inside any areas you have the rights to modify the terrain, or if you have a way to modify the terrain without rights.

Edited by Felonu
Typo

42 minutes ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

If it's buried in a safezone, no one can do anything to it apart from you and whoever you gave perms to it. In fact, if you do it in a safe zone, there isn't a need for the hole at all.

They cant destroy it but they can take its stuff if it isnt in any TU. If i have to got permission to open a chest which didnt locate inside any TU, i wont need a TU anymore when i just build a building and treasure my stuff there without being worry it iwll be take away, of course it will be my tradition 5 x 5 house like in minecraft :)) so i dont worry if anyone build/make a wall over my chest.

1 minute ago, ShioriStein said:

They cant destroy it but they can take its stuff if it isnt in any TU.

Source please, afaik thats not how the arkship safezone works, and if it did work that way, that would be a big problem with the mechanic of safezones.

• On unclaimed Guarded Territories there are no offensive actions. Everything else is allowed.
  • On claimed Guarded Territories there are no offensive actions. Everything else is subject to RDMS

You can see it here @Evil_Porcupine.

No Offensive, and take stuff from another one chest is not offensive.
Only on claim will be subject to RDMS;

59 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

You can see it here @Evil_Porcupine.

No Offensive, and take stuff from another one chest is not offensive.
Only on claim will be subject to RDMS;

Actually theft could be considered offensive.  There aren't details/definitions to tell us exactly yet.

13 minutes ago, Felonu said:

Actually theft could be considered offensive.  There aren't details/definitions to tell us exactly yet.

If i see someone's wallet on the road and i take the money in it, will it be consider an offensive action ?

Just now, ShioriStein said:

If i see someone's wallet on the road and i take the money in it, will it be consider an offensive action ?

This is probably going off topic at this point, but if it was my wallet that was dropped I would be offended.  I am just saying that NQ hasn't specified what would and wouldn't be considered "offensive" in the context of the RDMS system.

• 2 weeks later...