Any plans on mining tools

Kregon_Tempestus

I searched  but I cant find on this forum ,so are we gona have some sci-fi mining tools ,something like this  for example!

62MNFuH.png

Personaly I think that will be great to have warious tools from manual mining for samples to high grade mining equipment etc!

There are no confirmed plans for mining tools as such, as we will be able to mine with just the nanoformer as stated in the lore bible thing, and in the videos. aka, you do an iron man hand at the thing and it be mined. However, we may well see some ship based mining tools in the future.

20 hours ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

There are no confirmed plans for mining tools as such, as we will be able to mine with just the nanoformer as stated in the lore bible thing, and in the videos. aka, you do an iron man hand at the thing and it be mined.

You will be able to upgrade your "hand mining" tool.

I don't know if this just means you work faster without much visual changing of your "tool", or if you have a dedicated tool, like shown above.

20 hours ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

However, we may well see some ship based mining tools in the future.

There won't be such things.

NQ has sad that now several times.

Just holding your hand and suposedly calling that mining for me personaly is totaly non-imaginative ,we really need some more diverse mining power tools and such!

And also if that is true that there will not be any ship mining equipment then this game for me is already doomed to be boring!

Again , plz Devs reconsider and work on some diverse mining , building and even healing injection tools sets!

22 minutes ago, Kregon_Tempestus said:

Just holding your hand and suposedly calling that mining for me personaly is totaly non-imaginative ,we really need some more diverse mining power tools and such!

And also if that is true that there will not be any ship mining equipment then this game for me is already doomed to be boring!

Again , plz Devs reconsider and work on some diverse mining , building and even healing injection tools sets!

It's too granular for current development: Sounds like "death by a million cuts" adding in every small peccadillo. Give NQ more time and ask again. As it is Nanoformer device is all the cosmetic you need for voxel manipulation which should be brain-stimulating enough without icing on top. Then again if NQ make guns maybe they can make mining equip too?

I don't know about ship mining: I thought there was going to be a career for mining and skill-training the player: How that then moves onto how the player who has skill-trained mining actually does it: Using ship equipment or BASE-BUILDING more likely with specialized equipment/machine? Idk. But the main principle is that it is not automated but requires player activity.

You'll find mining an interesting game play option considering all the planetary bodies and associated space bodies are made of voxels...

If manual mining seems boring to you then do something else, or not. 

There have been various discussions on the subject and in the end there is 1 statement of JC that seems to be final and difficult to refute. 

If you allow anything beyond manual mining you affect the price of ores in such a way that a beginning miner can't compete in the market.

Perhaps some scanning tools might be added down the line but with everything we know so far, mining itself will stay a manual labor. 

(if there is new info, please point me to it.)

To be honest, although i like your idea and the designs, it is much easier to have the "hand" perform the building And mining, no tools also means no extra needed inventory space or fuel and it just simplifies the process. However, if you want to implement this, it should have a real advantage over the regular mining. Or programmable, i can see a purpose for a mining setup mounted on a craft that you program to auto mine a specific route or place.

Greetz Aaron

1 minute ago, Aaron_Cain said:

auto mine

Well no auto mine, even they add hand mining or anything. NQ have very clear point that " NO AUTOMATION MUCH"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a reminder that we really need some more mining power-tools in the game, something like this :

62MNFuH.png

And also something like this  (lets say that is a Mining Laser Mk-2)

t50szkw.png

Again, waiving that "magical glow" for evrething (mining/building other stuff) is boring thats whay I am pushing this  suggestions / ideas!

5 hours ago, chroma said:

There will be no extraction tools in the game, for the gameplay it's a shame, undermining the hand is curious

Mining skills improvement will allow for greater/faster hand mining abilities. I dont understand the 'need' for a mining machine when your 'hand/arm/nano-transformer' is the mining machine.....

If im not wrong, NQ said that you dont have to be friend forever with your hand as new mining way and tool will come as expansion after the game is release. Find source on AMA and dev blog plz im too lazy (on phone ) to find for you.

Thank you for your answers, the possibilities of having extractions machines and skills can be very interesting and you know it because you have seen it in other games. Digging holes in the hand even with nanotec is not consistent with the other parts of the game.

I suspect that the real desire behind all these "mining tool" requests is to allow a greater volume of ore per hour to be extracted.

The rate that resources enter game play is very important, because if the rate of mining exceeds the rate of material destruction, it means that the market could become oversupplied with resources, leading to depressed prices and no sense of "scarcity".

If materials are not destroyed in DU, the "pool" of resources available to players will grow continuously. The faster you can mine, the quicker the existing resource deposits will be exhausted, which means expansion to other systems will have to happen faster, which will lead to lower player densities, etc.

Perhaps it will be self-correcting though, because if resources become dirt-cheap, PVP can flourish (replacing losses will be cheap and easy), which will make it harder to mine, etc.

Again, I am not promoting "other games' here I sertanly Not promoting the form over function! Function is the moust important thing here, I am just traing to promote more diferent /diverse power-tools (for diferent jobs/ profetions different tools). For mining, mining tools, for salvaging  a special tool for that etc, etc!

And I am not one of those "badass self-image" type of players , simply I still think that  "magical-nano-glow" used for ewriting in game is a boring concept here!

And btw , for a game who is promoted to have P-to-P,  monthly subscription model I expect a lot more stuff/ content in game!

And a little of-topic, I look upon griffers whit disgust! They are nothing alse but anti-social retarderos who dont know what to do whit theyr lives!

20 hours ago, Kregon_Tempestus said:

And btw , for a game who is promoted to have P-to-P,  monthly subscription model I expect a lot more stuff/ content in game!

The game is in pre-alpha, which means it is no where near complete nor final. I fully expect lots of changes and additions to be made between now and final game release. That potentially includes arm equipment upgrades/swapable modules etc. which may/may-not revolve around player skill levels.

Basically its way to early to make any judgements on DU at this very early stage - you never know a varient of your idea may be implemented. ;)

• 4 weeks later...