New DU Pre-Alpha Map History

Lime

English (deepl used)

Hello, FullSend,
a question, does the map refer to the earth where the organization members come from, or to Alioth and the other celestial bodies on which the organizations have put TU's?

German (original)

Hallo FullSend,
eine Frage, bezieht die Karte sich auf die Erde, wo die Organisationsmitglieder herkommen, oder auf Alioth und die anderen Himmelskörper auf denen die Organisationen TU's gesetzt haben?

Die Waldfee

3 hours ago, huschhusch said:
a question, does the map refer to the earth where the organization members come from,

It's more political than anything really...

As far as the following is concerned, it is purely the opinion of myself and has no relation to the orgs position on the map whatsoever for reasons true or false.

Opeans, SE, Ez D, all fighting amongst themselves for who should make the majority of their landmass. They're the good guys and need absolutely zero explanation, forget their questionable history, it means nothing!

The Terran Union is a pretty ancient org in the history books and home to the greatest concentration of members. They're prone to fractures and could easily split up into a bunch of different groups.

Polestria, New Gen and VMD aren't on anyone's radar.

Empire obviously wants to have an.... empire... that will be mostly nothing...

Alpha Academy and GSLU are basically more neutral than neutral while the DU Historical Society just wants to be left alone. Seriously, they mean it this time this time.

Frog Swarm, that place is a disaster zone right now, lots of civil conflicts from what I've heard. No travel advisories are in effect.

TEN, not seeing eye to eye with its parent org split off and is doing its own thing and has found itself surrounded by a bunch of smaller orgs. The question is will those surrounding orgs hunt or be hunted by their militarily focused brethren...

BOO is expanding like the cancer that it is. I'm sure we'll hear about them quite often in the intergalactic news, always causing conflict wherever they go. 

You'll often call up Silverlight for construct tech support. You'll be hard pressed to understand their technical language however so you'll be asking them to repeat themselves often before giving up and just having them do it themselves whatever it was they were talking about.

Vanguard is a bunch of mercs who will kill you but by the end of this sentence... oh well.

The DU Explorers are exploring an uncomfortable place no one else ever wants to go. Hey Jimmy, there's a red giant there, better mark it.

Stargate Command (I think, light blue, east-central africa) is commanding a whole lot of nothing as of the present time since the game isn't even out yet.

Objective Driveyards isn't something you hear in the news or read about in the forums, Soul Nebula, however, is a different story.

Blue Moon Tavern, they're just chillin' and sipping margaritas on the beach. 

AFED fell off the top 30 so they get what they get.

Everything else, apologies but I can't read it right now. Please don't take this for gospel, I don't dig much into this, it's only what I've heard.

DarkHorizon had a pretty nice analysis tbh, it's not the first time FullSend shared a political map like this so it sounds reasonable. Either way is there any chance a better quality picture will be uploaded? Where you can actually see some of the smaller names.

English (deepl used)

Hello, DarkHorizon,
an interesting description of the organizations, I think there is a lot of tactics and opinion manipulation of the organizations. Sybersex has probably realized, that you can't make any profit at the beginning of the game, only by killing players and prefers to be equipped with ships and weapons by the scared rabbits so that he can "protect" them. The more scared rabbits the more presents. A friendly profile photo is very helpful.

As far as FullSend is concerned, do you think I should take that as more of a joke?

German (original)

Hallo DarkHorizon,
eine interessante Beschreibung der Organisationen, ich denke da ist von den Organisationen viel Taktik und Meinungsmanipulation dabei. Sybersex hat wohl eingesehen das man nur von Spieler töten am Anfang des Spiels keinen Gewinn machen kann und lässt sich von den Angsthasen lieber mit Schiffen und Waffen ausrüsten damit er sie "beschützen" kann. Je mehr Angsthasen um so mehr Geschenke. Da ist ein freundliches Profilfoto sehr hilfreich.

Was FullSend angeht, sollte ich das nach deiner Meinung eher als Spaß verstehen?

Die Waldfee

14 hours ago, Zamarus said:

DarkHorizon had a pretty nice analysis tbh, it's not the first time FullSend shared a political map like this so it sounds reasonable. Either way is there any chance a better quality picture will be uploaded? Where you can actually see some of the smaller names.

Hi Zamarus, great question. We will only have a rough draft complete. The quality will be optimal and to answer some other questions: New Genesis owns japan, Indonesia, and both north and South Korea. (They are colored light blue), and it’s hard to see in this rough draft. DarkHorizon has a good explanation of most of the other organizations. There will be much more info on this soon and it will be updated and there will be earlier history maps to satisfy the history that made the map the way it is now. Here is a couple other points: Solar empire came from England and colonized North America and solar secure split off which is now Enzone dawn. FrogSwarm, which is like France (owns Spain too) helped Enzone dawn become a power just like in world history as France was an ally to USA. Terran union is in China because of the ancient history and land that clearly simulates Terran union. The opean fed and other orgs that split off from TU went off to colonize land and they split off from being “colonies”. I will have more history on this representation soon on all of the organizations. Feel free to ask more questions about this and I’ll be happy to answer.

I also added the entire map (rough draft) to the post.