When can we Play?

Spartacus

An announcement about kickstarter will be made on Sep. 2nd. 

On top of this, there has been no official statement that users can buy their way in to the Alpha testing. Frankly, while it would be a smart move to get more buyers, I also don't think it's an effective or appropriate method of making sure your game will be where you want it come release. 

"Testing" and "playing" are very different, but unfortunately the two have become grossly mixed up with each other all thanks to the Kickstarter era. I think it's a great tool to getting projects off the ground, but it sure does get abused quickly.

@ Spartacus - Oops, went off on a tangent there. Also, not accusing you or calling you of anything. 

"Testing" and "playing" are very different, but unfortunately the two have become grossly mixed up with each other all thanks to the Kickstarter era. I think it's a great tool to getting projects off the ground, but it sure does get abused quickly.

This is the issue with a lot of games at the moment that I see - i.e, AAA titles have Youtubers play them for the expansive advertising, in the test periods, but not providing proper feedback making the loop endless and having a game come unfinished because the people that do it are just playing it. Therefore not fixing anything. 

Anyway, I just hope they limit the amount of people able to buy in to early access at that stage, or have a two stage alpha where specific groups are allowed in to test and then move on to opening to the kickstarter buyers alpha.

We aren't going to see this game as playable till probably early - mid next year at best in regards to the public arena. 

So, just hold on to your seat, stick around, drink some tea and relax.

On top of this, there has been no official statement that users can buy their way in to the Alpha testing. Frankly, while it would be a smart move to get more buyers, I also don't think it's an effective or appropriate method of making sure your game will be where you want it come release. 

@ Spartacus - Oops, went off on a tangent there. Also, not accusing you or calling you of anything. 

Very well said, and you are 100% accurate. Alpha testing used to be akin to a job. It could be fun, but you had a serious responsibility to the developers (at least, back when you were not paying the developers cash for a pre-alpha release, and either got selected or even paid to do so yourself) who rely on you to find not just the bugs, but what conditions and circumstances trigger them. 

Of course you are also right in that in the modern day and age, it's become the accepted norm, so it would be a 'smart' move as you say.

We'll wait and see I guess.

I think the Beta release will be somewhere around Feb 2017 and game launch in early 2018. I don't know if DU will have a pre-order for alpha or beta round but who knows what the devs may do.

I think the Beta release will be somewhere around Feb 2017 and game launch in early 2018. I don't know if DU will have a pre-order for alpha or beta round but who knows what the devs may do.

Currently the devs have said a beta will be in early 2018.

Currently the devs have said a beta will be in early 2018.

Yeah alpha is planned for beginning of 2017