Electromagnetic rail propulsion

Eternal

Since we are unlikely to have wheels in this game due to technicalities, how about something modern and something without involvement of wheels, "Electromagnetic rail propulsion" like maglev-trains with possible application as well to vertical-elevators. 

Please hear my proposal out.

I will simplify my idea on this picture below:

The 4 things that I circled below are elements that must be created to introduce this technology to us. They have their functions, that's why they are elements. While the rest in the picture are all player-constructed. If you can give us these elements and a vertical-counterpart of these, I can construct my own elevator-cab(whatever the size), and use these elements for leveling.

MWpZp17.jpg

The rail-gun and the metal-storm-gun also work under the same principle. They are a type of electric propulsion(electric because it uses electric-current to create repulsion).  

It's the future. Why traction(cable)-elevators and third-rail-trains? Why not electromagnetism? Electromagnetic-propulsion has no wheels; in this picture, you have 2 coils/magnets; you have the levitation-coils at the bottom of the rails (opposing magnetic field creates attraction, thus levitating the vehicle); and then you have the propulsion-coils at both the sides of the rails(similar magnetic field creates repulsion, thus propelling the vehicle); all of these with the magnets on the vehicle to work with the coils.

This is not technically hard, so please, look at my proposal.