I've come to a realisation....

Volkier

So Star Citizen released their latest GameCon alpha 3.0 demo. I got a massive erection watching it, and everything about it is beyond amazing. Can't wait. 

But I've also recently come to a realisation. A realisation that I never thought would become reality for me.

I am actually as much... no... MORE excited for another game's release and progress than I am for Star Citizen's, that 'other game' being Dual Universe. Granted, nobody knows (including myself) whether either would be good, or bad, or get better or worse with development, or how the two games would compare (if you can compare apples and oranges, since to me they are two completely different games striving for completely different opportunities, gameplay and objectives). We can all reserve our opinions for the end once both are finished products.

Maybe it's because at this stage it's about the unknown potential versus knowing a direction that is specific enough, but for now, I "can't wait for Dual Universe" more. 

Also I have no idea what prompted me to post this. Maybe it's the alcohol or the voices. I just felt like sharing.

So on that note, other than Dual Universe (which tops the list for me), what other games are people counting down the days to? 

Maybe it's the alcohol or the voices.

Or the voice of alcohol? :P

I'm equally hyped for both games. Last SC presentation was really convincing imo and DU looks even more promising, which is a lot.

I'm waiting for Infinity: Battlescape by I-Novae Studios. Smaller scale (solar system) and centered on pvp if I'm not mistaken, which is not exactly my thing btw, but still worth checking out.

Edit:

about Battlescape maybe it would be more exactly to say small focus instead of small scale because iirc the solar system will be in scale, so pretty huge, but  it won't have infinite star systems. And "small" is quite relative here. ;)

Or the voice of alcohol? :P

I'm equally hyped for both games. Last SC presentation was really convincing imo and DU looks even more promising, which is a lot.

I'm waiting for Infinity: Battlescape by I-Novae Studios. Smaller scale (solar system) and centered on pvp if I'm not mistaken, which is not exactly my thing btw, but still worth checking out.

No no, alcohol makes the voices go to sleep. It's good shit. 

Also looked at Battlescape, and tempted to get it purely for the flying physics alone. Every other game is so dumbed down when it comes to flight controls and mechanics (/sigh). I haven't yet though, as I know that full on PvP and only full on PvP is not something I will enjoy. Though that was my main focus in EvE online, but that wasn't really dogfighting (was more strategy based / planning ahead / setting up traps etc). 

Now if a game came out that had Battlescape's flight physics, Elite Dangerous flight controls and UI, Star Citizen's level of detail, and Dual Universe's freedom of exploration, customisation and world..... Maybe using one of those futuristic full immersion virtual reality suits (since we are dreaming here after all)...

Well, the point is, comparing Star Citizen and DUAL is like comparing an apple with an orange. 

Each game caters to different things. DUAL focuses on creating your ships, creating everything in the game world, from cities to armies and fleets. Star Citizen caters to space simulation fans, with some weird dogfighting auroras and dogfighting wayfarers.

It comes down to creativity for DUAL and Second Life in Space for Star Citizen.

Well, the point is, comparing Star Citizen and DUAL is like comparing an apple with an orange. 

Yep. It is. That's why I used that exact same analogy. Also why I'm excited and will probably be playing both games when they are out, rather than choosing one or the other. ;)

2016 and 2017 are awesome years for gamers :D

Yep. It is. That's why I used that exact same analogy. Also why I'm excited and will probably be playing both games when they are out, rather than choosing one or the other. :D

2016 and 2017 are awesome years for gamers :D

yeah, should have emphasised "IS" as I was agreeing with you.

I agree they are two different games (never understood the apple/oranges thing, after all they are both fruit so it should be good j/K :) ) and that SC won't have proper crafting/creation as DU will. However it will have tweaking/overclocking of components which coupled with the modularity of the ships should be interesting enough.

As for the flying mechanic hopefully it will improve, it isn't finished yet. And I'm not so familiar with Second Life but that's even far away  than apples and oranges imo.