New Supporter Packs

I hope all these people eagerly waiting for the release of Supporter Packs realise that buying a pack will not grant instant access to the pre-alpha...

EDIT:

Given the mixed signals from NQ lately, it sounds like the original schedule for granting early access may no longer be valid, so I cannot make the statement that instant access will not be a part of some of the new Supporter Packs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 11:28 AM, blazemonger said:

Remember these new packs will grant access to Alpha2 where we are currently still in pre-Alpa.

We dont know that that was the orginal plan but plans change just like how we got pre alpha access instead of alpha

3 minutes ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

No it wasn't, or if it was, please give the source of this. 

For one time he's right :D

When the future "Supporter" Packs will be available in Q4 2017, those packs that provide Alpha access will grant access to Dual Universe Alpha 2, that will come at a later stage of development (it will be an update of the existing Alpha 1 that will bring new features and fixes).

2 hours ago, yamisniper said:

We dont know that that was the orginal

Yeah, i knew that, but if you include this quote in my answer for clarity the universe returns to normal :P

I think this is a case of a chain of answers all missing the points of the ones before lol

5 minutes ago, Evil_Porcupine said:

Yeah, i knew that, but if you include this quote in my answer for clarity the universe returns to normal :P

I think this is a case of a chain of answers all missing the points of the ones before lol

LMAO really we dont know if there plans have changed but it sounds like they ave according to the replies on facebook to other people including silver backers. im almost willing to bet people will get early access than what was stated just like we did

50 minutes ago, Hades said:

Did they say something about days in the comments?  Facebook seems to want me to have an account to view the comment stream 

Actually they said to "wait few days" around 2 weeks ago (Feb 22). Nothing new since that time. 

For those of us anxiously waiting for those few days to pass, we also hope Alpha 2 comes soon.  Its just a name change, perhaps tied to something like week-end long test or some other stability thing.

On 3/4/2018 at 2:00 PM, blazemonger said:

No changes have been announced so while you may assume or think what you want, as it stands the facts are new backers get access at Alpha2..

the thing is they drop hints on facebook all the time like saying there is good news for the silver backers the only good news is there going to be able to get access much sooner than we think what else could be good news. unless upgrading to get access will be failry cheap to upgrade 2

4 hours ago, Pleione said:

For those of us anxiously waiting for those few days to pass, we also hope Alpha 2 comes soon.  Its just a name change, perhaps tied to something like week-end long test or some other stability thing.

wouldnt surprise me if there isnt an alpha 2 anymore

9 hours ago, Pleione said:

We're still knee deep in pre-alpha, as seen and stated in any and all media released up to this date, so i'd be comfortable to say Alpha2 is quite a long way out when considering normal development projection with some allowance for further delays. Now it _may_ be NQ decides to grant access earlier which may or may not be a good idea for any number of reasons but as it stands it's access at Alpha2 and I would not expect that milestone to be reached before summer, more likely towards the end of the year if we and NQ are lucky and nothing unexpected pops up.

But in the end it's only for NQ to decide and make any announcements on this. Anything else me or other backers may say here is our opinion and/or interpretation of what we know.