Jump to content
Orius

Alioth Star System

Recommended Posts

I don't think Alioth star system is binary: In one of the dev interviews with JC, in god-mode they fly to the sun (it's not scaled corrected for game and other reasons) to demonstrate it's also a 3D object light-source thus leading to actual sunrise/set effects depending on angle of planet and sun with each other.

 

Who knows maybe we'll see a binary star system in another system? But then maybe the orbit effects might be a bit "heavy" to simulate?

 

edit: Here you go: at 10m40s :-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also will all bodies have atmospheres? That I find just unconvincing. More variety in planet types will be needed to make the game more interesting in the long run and part of that are planets/moons without atmospheres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 0something0 said:

Also will all bodies have atmospheres? That I find just unconvincing. More variety in planet types will be needed to make the game more interesting in the long run and part of that are planets/moons without atmospheres.

I did not notice any "atmosphere" in the other planets in the above type of videos. The only visible effect of atmosphere I've seen is:-

 

Alioth:-

 

1. In the flight seamless from "moon" to Alioth there's some "atmospheric entry" effects.

2. There's clearly swirling cloud effects* at various angles on the "3 letter acronym for graphics at distance thingy" arrgh "draw distance thing!":unsure:

 

Did you see something else? There's chemical suits in the twitter additionally...

 

* JC mentions in one vid that because they simulate things, then those weather effects are not just pictures but would be actual climate/weather across an entire planet (!) so a challenge to consider and add (but exciting too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MookMcMook said:

I did not notice any "atmosphere" in the other planets in the above type of videos. The only visible effect of atmosphere I've seen is:-

 

Alioth:-

 

1. In the flight seamless from "moon" to Alioth there's some "atmospheric entry" effects.

2. There's clearly swirling cloud effects* at various angles on the "3 letter acronym for graphics at distance thingy" arrgh "draw distance thing!":unsure:

 

Did you see something else? There's chemical suits in the twitter additionally...

 

* JC mentions in one vid that because they simulate things, then those weather effects are not just pictures but would be actual climate/weather across an entire planet (!) so a challenge to consider and add (but exciting too).

The DU website (dualthegame.com) has a list of the current planned planets. All of the planets in there for some reason has an atmosphere. Even if the code needed a valid atmosphere(i.e. 0 bars of atmosphere pressure will cause a divide by 0 error) it could be set to some arbitrarily low value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 0something0 said:

The DU website (dualthegame.com) has a list of the current planned planets. All of the planets in there for some reason has an atmosphere. Even if the code needed a valid atmosphere(i.e. 0 bars of atmosphere pressure will cause a divide by 0 error) it could be set to some arbitrarily low value.

That's true but still: the moon in that video clearly has no atmosphere (and you see the space engines kick in, NOT the armospheric ones, so yes there is a variety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah forgot about that: Dang those are impressive planets: Seems a bit of variety: Symeon has a trace atmosphere and some variation in the others. Presumably because planets are not to scale atmosphere will be more frequent than otherwise suggested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...