Quick warning to UI devlopers on this game

I spent some time as a UI developer and intend to in the near future, and one aspect of this video had me slightly wary: 

My concern is with the responsiveness of UI elements. It's been proven by studies (and anyone that has used any bad UI for an extensive amount of time will tell you) that added delays of over 100ms between interaction and response leads to user-input frustration. As displayed at 0:07 pressing b opens a menu, however it does so slowly, sacrificing usability for an entirely aesthetic animation. At the very first time you use something slow but pretty you'll think it looks good, but after the 10th time you'll notice it could be faster, and the 100th you'll be frustrated. Same goes for the options highlighting at 0:28. 
I'm not saying that everything in the game is like this, but simply giving a warning that UI development with little regard to responsiveness will give a bad user experience. So please head this and make sure you aren't intentionally adding delays of over 100ms just because it might look pretty. Making a user interface have a responsive design is critical to how users perceive it. Thanks for your time.

On 12.2.2018 at 8:02 AM, Semproser said:

As displayed at 0:07 pressing b opens a menu, however it does so slowly, sacrificing usability for an entirely aesthetic animation.

Pressing b does NOT open a menu. You just enter building mode (instantly).

The displayed menu, where the player klicks on one option, is open with right klick.

6 minutes ago, Takao said:

Pressing b does NOT open a menu. You just enter building mode (instantly).

The displayed menu, where the player klicks on one option, is open with right klick.

he means the bars (left and right to the reticle) which open up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2018 at 11:28 PM, CoreVamore said:

An option in the games settings would be nice for that  ;)

Agreed. I wholeheartedly think this should be an option. Megaddd gave me flashbacks to warframe, which as he mentioned has tons of these, they are cool at first, but they get infuriated after enough time playing the game. And after 300 hours, trust me, they are something i wish i could disable.