Are you excited?!

Osyraa

What are you most excited to do in DU?

What are you most excited to build?

What are you most excited to experience? 

Im very excited for the grand strategy aspect. I am excited for combat, and the hugely dynamic combat system thats gonna be in place. Im super excited to see thing like shipping and mining thrive, and to see others' creativity. You always get to see some really cool stuff when you get tons of people a good creative outlet. 

Sci-fi-Art-Emmanuel-Shiu-Alien-Crash.jpg

I'm excited to see how the political meta and grand strategy plays out between the various organizations down to the little guy. Dual Universe feels like the first game where you can really live out a life of your own in a sci fi setting. It's been a long time since a developer brought a truly sandbox mmo to the world, and with NQs new server tech, we may be witnessing history here. :D

Also, pew pew and all that. 

- Mercutio

Many things:-

1. The virtual world feels like the ink is dripping off the pen as the story unfolds.

2. Happy newbies entering the DU virtual world and being blown away (unintended pun) by a developed area showing a glimpse of the game.

3. Fleet Battles coordinating serious team-work between players on all (multiple) sides (see eg below).

4. Overall the avatar-construct duality of gameplay: I always wanted to enjoy a game like this.

For a visual of 3 and not just combat team-work but logistics and building team work equivalents:-

Fleet_Command_Structure.png

There is alot to be excited about.
For me the grand scale is one, the beauti that will be there generated by people for people. 
Backstories of characters, some good some evil some rotten to the core.
Politics, or just No politics.
Building bigger better, And always go for total amazing Wham.

Epic space battles, and so much more.
But time will tell. 

Aaron
Live life die another day

On 2/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, Mod-Mercutio said:

I'm excited to see how the political meta and grand strategy plays out between the various organizations down to the little guy. Dual Universe feels like the first game where you can really live out a life of your own in a sci fi setting. It's been a long time since a developer brought a truly sandbox mmo to the world, and with NQs new server tech, we may be witnessing history here. :D

Also, pew pew and all that. 

- Mercutio

You said my feelings better than I could have said my feelings

What i'm excited for DU ? I'm not so sure, it can be:
_ How newbie will be treat in the late of game.
_ How newbie will be use in grand strategy and long term strategy.
_ Drama.
_ How will DU be, what shape will it be, that curious me the most.
_ What people will make in DU : Create WAR, HELL, WASTELAND or Building CIVILIZATION, CITY, NATION, EMPIRE, CONSTRUCT, TOWER, small thing to GRAND THING.

I am excited about DU's premise as I really like the idea of designing my own spaceships and travelling through space. I also look forward to forming an organisation with some friends and carving out a chunk of the universe. A lot of this game sounds fun, interesting and very achievable, so I do feel a certain amount of optimism towards it. As good as it sounds, though, I'm also a bit wary about this game; I've been burned by a couple of other Kickstarter/EA games, so I'll take a wait-and-see approach towards it. If it comes out of NDA and the feedback is good I might take the plunge and buy into it.

That said, I've seen nothing from Novaquark that gives cause for concern and the game does seem to be progressing smoothly. Hopefully this is the case and DU will be a big success.

i'm excited about this game as a whole - this is (i think) one and only game that offers that much;
I want to participate in REAL mmo civilization. Not the one that just pretend to be one.
Constructing, gathering goods/money, trading, exploring space if i wish or only sits in my hideout on planet waitng for death digging in LUA scripts ;p etc.
Freedom of choice and possibilities to realize this choice with implemented mechanics -  this is what i am really hyped about;

cheers

I'm not excited, that will come muuuuuch later when release is imminent... :D

I am however fascinated by the concept of what DU is trying to achieve. Watching it all unfold will be very interesting. It could even be a case of "MMO history in-the-making", time will tell...