Serious inquiry...

Kamikazi2142

I'm rather impressed with the game's MMORPG approach to basically an Empyrion or Space Engineers clone, however, what really concerns me is the fact there is a Physics engine that isn't based upon a more mainstream solution (Havok or PhysX) which raises concern for me especially since i've tried hosting a Space Engineers Dedicated Server (SEDS) and the game never uses the server hardware for physics handling, just basically a vpn tunnel to LAN everyone together and allow their own processing of physics, rather than leaving it to the SEDS.

Empyrion was a little better than SE, but it still had the same issue with Physics, and slowly over time the game deteriorated into an unplayable state.  requiring far more processing power for just physics alone...

Honestly all this can easily be avoided by offloading the workload to a GPU, especially like a dedicated compute card like a Tesla, freeing up the CPU for more useful tasks such as the OS.  Both PhysX and Havok utilize the GPU for physics processing, and can easily alleviate some headache in overall game performance.  Rather than create your own like Keen did, using a proprietary resource can be of helpful use, though i'm not certain, i have seen that Unigine has been mentioned here, and while it is a great engine alone, piling up the workload of a bunch of other processes for the game can become cumbersome, especially for those who are still on quad core CPU's...

What i am wondering, 

How do you stand out from the resource demanding titles, and what makes this Physics based game any better than the others?  And do you plan to implement a form of Direct Compute functionality for GPU acceleration in Physics processing?

Additionally...

Will this have full DirectX 12 support?  As in, if you do support nVidia and AMD features, would there be coding for each individually?  So that if i had both cards installed they would both be utilized?

Welcome to Cloud-computing, that's how DUAL stands out.

The lead Dev took 5 years to perfect the Server Tech for the game before going into the game's development. Space Engineers just went "Star Citizen" and started going beyond their original goal of being a Minecraft clone in spac and wanted to make the game MMO with LAN server-logic.

The engine for the game is Uningine 2 and i believe it has dx12 support.  I think this game is going to be slightly less physics intensive then the other games listed. Although ships will be voxel based, targeting is going to be tabbed based. I dont know how the level of physics they plan on having with ships. Also they have mentioned that liquid and planetary physics will be very light. Example gravity will have no effect on on a mountain if you disconnect if from the world at the bottom

The engine for the game is Uningine 2 and i believe it has dx12 support.  I think this game is going to be slightly less physics intensive then the other games listed. Although ships will be voxel based, targeting is going to be tabbed based. I dont know how the level of physics they plan on having with ships. Also they have mentioned that liquid and planetary physics will be very light. Example gravity will have no effect on on a mountain if you disconnect if from the world at the bottom

Yeah, seems though physics will be applying on constructs, like ships or buildings. For example, you break a ship in half, its parts will drift away given the ship's movement, standard newtonian physics, nothing fancy. Gravity also applies in a buildings the same way, you break a building in half, it won't float, it will simply drop or tumble. Terrain like planetary surfaces are excluded for many a reason, mainly, to avoid heavy lag-spikes due to the simulation needed.

Unigine 2 has many features that work perfectly with the game's scope and scale and it's in-fact Dx11 based. They can emulate physics in pre-defined patterns, but anyone with a certain knowledge of these things would not expect a simulatied game in such a scale.

The active lock-on system is indeed a tab-targeting variation, that treats the cross-hair in the center of your screen as your mouse and you got to keep your mouse of the target you are attacking for your attacks to connect. My guess, is they will add a sptlighting system, with skills controlling your "Cone of fire" of the weapon you are using, which Unigine2 provides for in its SDK (in a way at least the devs could implement and tune it).

The thing is, we can't have both a procedural universe with no loading screens and massiv fleet battles and simulated physics :P