Picardnado

How are you going to play the game?

I would like a small planet where i can build amazing voxel sculptures for folks to maybe buy to decorate or enhance their own builds. maybe design organic shaped ships or something creative like that... I can hardly wait to start!

I have no idea what I will be doing ! :unsure:

The game systems are so undefined at the moment that "anything you dream of is possible", but those options will shrink as the game mechanics are implemented. I don't want to end up spending a year dreaming that I'll be doing X, only to find that it's not practical due to the way the game world works.

I'm planning on joining a medium to large org, because I think that will give me the option of trying the most varied amount of activities in the game.

I want to build ships :D

not especially large ones, but more the medium ships you can thrust for what they were made for 

I don't know how good ship trading will be, but I hope it'll be great :)

I really want to be an architect so hopefully we can blueprint buildings. but I also want to help organize people. give people an example of how to build together with the tools and have everything go together. I'd be happy filling a chunk of land with useful towers and apartment buildings and landing pads and passing the chunk off to someone else so long as they maintain it. I remember back in minecraft town mode servers I would have a chunk for my own house, buy another chunk, build a house and a farm and sell it. I'd have whole blocks of my little houses in a row. In one server I ended up with kinda my own neighborhood and people would move into my houses, and it was nice because it was a little break from all the shoeboxes and half built shoeboxes and cobblestone towers. 

On April 2, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Alpinaris said:

I really enjoy programming, so I will probably try to set up a service or company that provides customized LUA scripting, or build a lot of cool plug-n-play pre-programmed systems for ship builders and base builders.

I would be happy spending most of my game time just programming. Lol. As odd as that sounds, that's what I do with most other games I play, except this game is intended for this behavior. In most other games, it's seen as against the EULA or considered cheating.

I had the same idea! I want to hire myself out as a programmer in exchange for protection from all the mean pirates,  for a small fee of course...write autopilot scripts and scripts for resource management and whatever people need. 

As a gamer i'm mostly used playing the lone-wolf playstyle,however for DU i wish to be around people at all times.

In order to achieve my goals,i'm really keen on taking a leadership role and organize a cluster of like minded individuals.