How are you going to play the game?

Picardnado

I want to set up a base of operations on some moon or space station and then contract to people. Long term I want to be a respected name that has made good conections with people. Im going to see if the Organization I imagined takes off. If it doesnt then ill lone wolf and/or be apart of a team.  

If I understood correctly how travel between star systems is supposed to work (player built jump gates or something like that). I would aim for an organization that seeks to build those jump gates between systems (perhaps explore to find some of those systems) and then charging people to use the gates (cheaper for them than building their own). 

Additionally, and especially with those systems/planets that the organisation would hopefully find before others/before there are major groups on them, we could set up trading hubs in addition to the gates to properly control the economy and logistics. I think I considered something interesting to this end in space elevator thread. Since the organisation would be spread around with the gates we could have members in each area keep their eyes open and set up an in game news agency (to control information in addition to the economy)

Late game having complete control of some planet/system as HQ for the organisation that is only reachable through our controlled gate would also be nice. 

Defending scattered gates and trade hubs would be one of the biggest things to worry about but those fees could be used to fund that. Alternatively some more militaristic organisation might be willing to offer either regional or general defense in exchange for free use of the gate for their own mobility. 

Anyone interested?

Also super star destroyer, have to have super star destroyer.

Would you be interested in providing defense for my planned jump gate network in exchange for free travel of your fleets? Refer to my previous message.

I plan to start a corporate military that will take contracts to help fight wars and make money in the process. So my play style will be military leadership.

Probably going to load up my gaming buddies on a ship as soon as we can lift off and just keep going. Stop here and there to make additions to the ship or make a small outpost. End goal we agreed on was to go to some far off system and produce ships to sell and to do recon work for others.

I would like to join experienced players to build daring structures, stations and ships. So I could improve my design skills. Maybe build a rendez-vous hot spot for trading and socializing? All of this with an open-minded and helpy spirit.

And of course exploring the lore and planets.

Nirvana here I come:)!

So if your organisation is up to this, pm me ^^.

Et voilà!

Ok what I am actually going to try and do is.

I am going to keep on the move. Never really setting up a base. But also play it solo.

Making most of my money from raiding unprotected bases then selling all of there stuff.

Basically a pirate.

Ok what I am actually going to try and do is.

I am going to keep on the move. Never really setting up a base. But also play it solo.

Making most of my money from raiding unprotected bases then selling all of there stuff.

Basically a pirate.

Sounds more like a cat burglar. Enjoy being blasted to smithereens all by your lonesome

Sounds more like a cat burglar. Enjoy being blasted to smithereens all by your lonesome

I meant in the beginning. Of course I am not going to do that for long. That would get boring fast.

Edit: I just realized you said nothing about it being boring. I remember reading that, odd.

I really enjoy programming, so I will probably try to set up a service or company that provides customized LUA scripting, or build a lot of cool plug-n-play pre-programmed systems for ship builders and base builders.

I would be happy spending most of my game time just programming. Lol. As odd as that sounds, that's what I do with most other games I play, except this game is intended for this behavior. In most other games, it's seen as against the EULA or considered cheating.

I plan to be a team player initially, and to help the Universe to develop, as to me that is most important for the game.
After I learn the ways of the verse, I would prefer to go lone wolf, research new tech on board a ship which would be my home.
Whilst being a lone wolf, I want to go and explore the universe, find the unknown and the wonderful!
Of course if I find some friends or make alliances along the way, I won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing how deep the LUA scripting is. I'm a programmer by trade so it'll be really cool to build my own co-pilot. Depending on how small you can make a drone, I'd just never leave my ship and pilot drones as proxies.

• 1 month later...

It's hard to say for me. I think I would have to first see what the game offers in a more completed state. I can say at the forefront that building is core for me. I enjoy building bases, homes, spaceships (been playing a lot of empyrion and minecraft lately).

​I am not sure how much conflict I will want to get into, so for me finding a planet as far away from civilization as I can find and set up a base of operations there sounds appealing.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to ally myself with a power hungry tyrant or piratelord to sell them weapons and warships. I would end up being head designer of the Org which means that their fleet would mostly be of my design. Fighters, Corvettes, Frigates all the way up to super dreadnoughts, you name it I'll build it. My ultimate goal is to see the whole Verse under the control of my fleet. Well that or I'll just quietly design ships until they become a common sight in the Verse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, Red_Pill_Wonderland said:

Wonder why nobody want to be just a Pirate who look for a ez prey or good fights :) 

( Ok it is the Builders Corner but the question is How are you going to play the game? )

I want to be a FC and hope to get some nice fights or good intel on Spacetruckers to ransom :P 

There are definitely plenty of pirates :) 

I'm going to be an explorer who scouts out planets in far away solar systems. I won't have a permanent base, too. Ill probably come up with a list of items needed to keep a small but effective base running, that I can carry around with me and set up whenever I need to.

So my "base/home" would be a smallish medium ship, which you can walk around a little bit, but be small enough to land and take off rather quickly.

Ship builder and possibly gate builder. Meaning, sending out probes to investigate unknown reigns of space for new gates. I haven't joined any origination yet, going to wait to see who actually makes it or not. Going to start out with small ship builds and work my way up to frigate and destroyer sizes and so on. I've designed a lot of ships in Space Engineers and Empyrion: Galactic Survival, the components of this game seem to favor EGS. I think i was fairly proficient at building ships in EGS so I'm hoping it translates well to this game. I'm hoping there is a design mode where you can do ship designing with out building anything and create blueprints of that design. That would be pretty cool.  

39 minutes ago, Thasrion said:

Ship builder and possibly gate builder. Meaning, sending out probes to investigate unknown reigns of space for new gates. I haven't joined any origination yet, going to wait to see who actually makes it or not. Going to start out with small ship builds and work my way up to frigate and destroyer sizes and so on. I've designed a lot of ships in Space Engineers and Empyrion: Galactic Survival, the components of this game seem to favor EGS. I think i was fairly proficient at building ships in EGS so I'm hoping it translates well to this game. I'm hoping there is a design mode where you can do ship designing with out building anything and create blueprints of that design. That would be pretty cool.  

Probably smart to wait and see which orgs make it or not. Some of them probably won't make it to release. I think they have mentioned something about a build mode where you could test things out, but it will be very basic. 

We always need more shipbuilders in the game so whatever group you do go with in the future will be happy to have you :)

I, and my clan mates, will establish and expand. Build a base, build a bubble, move on to claim the next tile. If a large portion of the mates, and especially if the PvP-junkies, jumps on the bandwagon we will surely make a mark on the Org vs Org Meta.

Personally, judging from the game mechanics, I will be gathering, crafting, building and PeveePeeing from time to time. Ya know, playing the game. Nothing extraordinary.

I'm going to make a ship that is monumental. Stationary like the space station at times. You will see it in the sky hovering above your planet. It will be like a landmark (or spacemark in this case) and plenty of people will come to look and observe it but thats not all. I will be infamous. People will know who i am. When i engage people will know from the apperance of my ship what is in store for them as i reign terror on my enemies. ?

Thats what i'll try to do. Realistically ill probably just have a small ship that i roam around with doing exploration and pirating around for fun.