How are you going to play the game?

Picardnado

so many choices, the sandbox magic.

exploration, mining, building an underground base, biuldings defences undercover, play with others, pvp, play a part in this gigantic economy, what else?

Trolling and griefing, of course! Vital elements of any decent sandbox MMO.

I enjoy trading and building a home for myself (with others if possible), and PvE if possible.

I've always enjoyed creating things, building it up, and expanding and having fun together in games, that's why I do gaming.

I don't think people understand that this won't be a one-player experience. You are going to need people that are in on your projects with you. You won't build a Star Trek Enterprise or the Death Star or a massive capital ship by yourself within a week. In fact I think they are planning to keep people on the ground and make them to build up infrastructure before they can even break the atmosphere. So I am quite certain that the first person that makes it to space will be a part of a large organization that has some stuff going on.

As for me, I want to be a builder. I want to mine and help design hover and atmospheric vehicles early on in the game, and maybe become a fighter pilot or ground troop later on. Some other options could be being a search and rescue pilot or just continuing being a builder and work at shipyards. I could also be a police. There are so many options. But most of all I want to participate in a community effort, with other people who I have to trust and work with. I am confident that the game will turn out well and I am very excited for it. I will be there from the first day I am able, so see you there!

• 5 weeks later...

The first thing I'm going to do is build automatic turrets along the parameters of the Arcship and other safe zones to spawn kill players the moment they exit the safe zone. Why? Because I'm Malicious!

xD. You are the worse kind of person. 

I myself, if I happen to like the game (ie find it worth paying the monthly fee) will hopefully build a comfortable ship, join a faction, have a nice house on some planet, and enjoy playing with friends I make throughout the journey. We shall see though. I look forward to it all :)

Im going to cruise around with Vanguard doing what we want. Mining, fighting, building or shit-talking. Doesn't matter as long as its with friends.

My forte is scouting/recon/razvedka. There will be a place for that with the org I'm with and should it prove useful for combat purposes, all the better. I get a kick out a really well done explosion animations.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably going to focus on ship design & automating our systems in my own time, while overseeing my community's main logistical and construction projects. If enough of our members play it'll be a lot of work coordinating everything, but I'm hoping I'll have time to spare for sciencing.

Interesting topic :)
I will explore planets, so I guess I will be going this on solo or with a small crew.
Once I find a planet which is what I like, I will build a underground base made with a huge sliding door for a medium or medium low sized spaceship, maybe 200 meters under the ground or so (The space ship will enter the base vertically).
At least that is what I want right now :D

I will not be the aggressive player but I will defend my self if I need to.

The New Empire will take a ship and fly (Not really)-tens of (Not really)-hours away to build up on an (Not really)-unknown planet no one cares about.
This will ensure that less pressure is given(Competing, Biggest ship - Biggest D...) and everyone will be able to experience the game in a more peaceful environment.

No players - No troubles.

Well, if someone actually manages to find us we can just lock 'em up and force them to join us MUAHAHAHAHAHA(Which will happen due to the limitation of planets you can travel to).
Kappa.

You like the plan? Check our organsiation ffs!
Luv u.

- Ryzekanzler

The New Empire will take a ship and fly (Not really)-tens of (Not really)-hours away to build up on an (Not really)-unknown planet no one cares about.

This will ensure that less pressure is given(Competing, Biggest ship - Biggest D...) and everyone will be able to experience the game in a more peaceful environment.

No players - No troubles.

Well, if someone actually manages to find us we can just lock 'em up and force them to join us MUAHAHAHAHAHA(Which will happen due to the limitation of planets you can travel to).

Kappa.

You like the plan? Check our organsiation ffs!

Luv u.

- Ryzekanzler

Well, if that's your plan, it will take tens of hours to get to another planet, and that would be in the same system. Remember FTL doesn't exist until it is researched, discovered and developed, and ill bet the materials to do that aren't naturally on Alitoh.

Well, if that's your plan, it will take tens of hours to get to another planet, and that would be in the same system. Remember FTL doesn't exist until it is researched, discovered and developed, and ill bet the materials to do that aren't naturally on Alitoh.

The travel time between planets won't be long. Ofc it will take time to actually build a ship that's capable of flying, but as soon as we got working ships, we will head as soon as possible to one of the farest planets at the current time.

Actually, we can't even say how much time it will take to travel to the next planet. We may know it as soon as the Alpha starts.

That's also the reason why all the answers to this quesion are temporary and not reliable.

All that's sure about our plan is that we will take a flight to a planet far away to build calmly without any pressure(That's why I kept writing with "Not really"s. The "Not really tens of not really hours" were to point out that we won't waste hours of flying just to get to a planet far away. We would just get pressure knowing that we wasted hours for that)

When to do it or how is a question we may answer as soon as the Alpha starts.

I believe JC has stated the "demo" star system is not to scale of the actual game.  Planets will be much further from each other in the actual game.

I would hope that to travel from the star, to the farthest planet in the system would not take less than 30 minutes, or more than an hour (at top speed of course).

But I bet some of that would be dependent upon your ship  :P

I believe JC has stated the "demo" star system is not to scale of the actual game.  Planets will be much further from each other in the actual game.

I would hope that to travel from the star, to the farthest planet in the system would not take less than 30 minutes, or more than an hour (at top speed of course).

Correct. I should have definied "long" a bit.

30 minutes isn't long in my perspective. 

But as I said, we could just simply keep talking about what could be. The (half) real deal will be probably seen in the Alpha/beta.

:D

- Ryzekanzler

I plan on building ships and buildings to develop my building experience and hopefully becoming good enough to sell custom ships at a decent profit, and maybe even mass producing a ship type with blueprints if it becomes popular. 

I also hope to find other ways to make good money, and maybe one day organize several organizations together and design a super-ship that can act as a caravan/city.

I also at some point want to build sci-fi versions of ancient civilizations, like ancient Egypt, Rome, the Wild-West, etc.

Larger ships need a larger warp bubble, hence a more powerful warp drive to reach the same speed as a smaller ship (exponentially so)

I plan on building cities with working governments, shops, office space, owned housing and, apartments!

That's a pretty ambitious goal. Good luck and welcome o/

I draw a lot, I would like to see my design  of different  ship, buildings, land vehicles get in to the game.

Always good to have more designers!