How are you going to play the game?

Picardnado

So me personally, I like the idea of building an empire, claiming a planet and working with groups of fans to recreate things from famous sci fi shows and movies, sending out huge famous ships like the enterprise and star destroyers filled with people to mine out other planets and return home with the materials to keep building more ships and bigger cities, obviously all that depends on the community so I was wondering what you guys where planning to do? Build a home or just explore endlessly?

i plan on city building and planning. but i was wondering, could there be an industry of people making the bodies of ships and then someone goes in and creates the code?

"Of course, why not? There might be organisations that do nothing but provide codes for others to use."

As much as I'd like to be part of large organizations, I tend to get frustrated by all the rules and bureaucracy. So I'll probably end up being a vagabond, taking up jobs here and there travelling as a crewmember on whoever will hire me going out into the stars.

Either that, or I'll be a space trucker. 

Space Trucking was the best time I ever had in Eve Online, despite how boring it seemed on the surface, I rather enjoyed kicking back and just quietly flying towards my destination 20-30 jumps away. 

As much as I'd like to be part of large organizations, I tend to get frustrated by all the rules and bureaucracy. So I'll probably end up being a vagabond, taking up jobs here and there travelling as a crewmember on whoever will hire me going out into the stars.

Space Trucking was the best time I ever had in Eve Online, despite how boring it seemed on the surface, I rather enjoyed kicking back and just quietly flying towards my destination 20-30 jumps away. 

"Does that fit under Raptor Squad? I must have missed the part in your post where you said your space trucks are chauffeured by dinosaurs..."

I'm planning on building a "federation of fandems" hopefully building up a well known empire and a friendly pit stop for players to do jobs/ do there own thing/ have somewhere to call home. Maybe even build a fleet and create a "safe PvP" area whee we protect trade routes etc... Imagine you're a pirate trying to steal some loot and a star destroyer and the enterprise drop out of warp, release some small attack ships and rain down firey justice.

As a personal goal, I want to be one of the most respectful builders of the game,

I want to raise a brand and customers that save money for one of my ships

also I Just started a company, to train and join the best builders and repair engineers and build a reputation,

and Of course i can reproduce famous star-ships like Enterprise class

(but IDK if it will be possible, i have tried this on ESO just for discover later that on end-game craft mechanics doesn't work, and i have the same concern here )

"Does that fit under Raptor Squad? I must have missed the part in your post where you said your space trucks are chauffeured by dinosaurs..."

Being a raptor isn't a full time job, it's more of a way of life. 

Sometimes you want to hang out in the woods hunting prey and eating their raw flesh with your other raptor bros, sometimes you want to drive space trucks. 

Being a raptor isn't a full time job, it's more of a way of life. 

Sometimes you want to hang out in the woods hunting prey and eating their raw flesh with your other raptor bros, sometimes you want to drive space trucks. 

"Nice. Nice thing you did there. Wait a minute. Who's the prey and who's flesh are you eating?"

LynkxDev you sound like someone I want in the federation, my first big build will be an enterprise, I'm thinking enterprise-D to start. Multi crew obviously and with a dock at the non saucer section for smaller personal ships to help defend the ship in combat

EDIT: LynkxDev check out the Federation of Fandom's organization page, if you need somewhere to build and sell ships I think we could team up

Whilst I like and enjoy the concept of building huge structures - I prefer getting down to the nitty gritty, digging, mining, transport. I always found commanding fleets of miners rather interesting if not mining myself. I tend to work in larger organizations but as a solo member unless work is needed in large numbers. 

I also like piloting large ships, so, possibly some form of capital captain later on when its a viable thing. :P 

The way I want to run it will be there will be ranks, anyone can be an ensign but you'd have to run a few missions to earn a promotion and maybe work on tactical or comms and so on and so on until you make captain then you could captain any main ship that's free, of course if we both get in at alpha and you help early on you'd go straight to captain because obviously no has experience so it'd be just whoever's there.

I think my signature kind of sums it up for me. I fully intend to engage in piracy (as previously noted). Not the "rush in guns a blazing" type, more the "hides and waits patiently with all systems off" type, waiting for a predetermined yet unsuspecting trader to pass by, boarding and relieving the crew of their ship. Steal everything they have and put them.... (TBD). Other lucrative actives such as: smuggling people and materials beyond hostile org. lines, running black-market operations, and redistribution of org's wealth (mainly into my pockets). 

That sounds like a mix of group and solo play, especially the last as solo. 

That sounds like a mix of group and solo play, especially the last as solo. 

Not really, as picking up cargo and delivering it somewhere would still involve interacting with other players. 

Not to mention the crew necessary on a large ship. 

Nice try though.