magey3

Excited for Falcon Heavy?

Just now, Sir_Rat said:

heck yeah! Hope we won't be seeing any fireworks today.

Yeah I wouldnt want to see the fireworks as fireworks rather as the plume from the engines. Now that would be better.

Those two boosters looked super cool when they landed.

It's a shame the core didn't get the whole reusable memo.

Edit: Yes, I realize they were not planning on reusing these.

They'll figure it out. It just ran out of gas, didn't have enough to slow down completely. That'll happen when it's the first time you've flown it and you're trying to have just enough to complete the mission and not a lb more of unneeded weight.

These events are far more important than a lot of people realize. A big factor in space exploration is cost and what SpaceX is doing is reducing those cost by an enormous amount.

Also, and IMO, with people like Elon Musk who have a daring and positive vision plus the ability to make it happen there's hope for us humans.. To me he is the real life Zefram Cochrane ..

6 hours ago, blazemonger said:

These events are far more important than a lot of people realize. A big factor in space exploration is cost and what SpaceX is doing is reducing those cost by an enormous amount.

Also, and IMO, with people like Elon Musk who have a daring and positive vision plus the ability to make it happen there's hope for us humans.. To me he is the real life Zefram Cochrane ..

SpaceX and Elon Musk have definitely open up space travel to the masses and at an affordable cost. You're very correct on that, blazemonger. I'm really excited to see what the future of space exploration holds. :)

~ Meldrik

Edited by Mod-Meldrik

They're also looking at completely decimating the current cable/ISP dynamic going on.  They've started researching a more advanced satellite connection (not sure on specifics, I'm sure Google can help on that front).  

Anyway, seems like good news for folk who are off the beaten-path and whatnot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_satellite_constellation

Just for wow-factor: Goal is 17,000 satellites by 2020.