Universe without gravity?

Skimus

I was searching for information about the gravity in the Dual Universe and I found this:

Also will your voxels have gravity effects on planets and such, If I break a line of voxels at one end, will the voxel at the other unsupported end, drop and fall to the surface, possible rolling downhill??

The answer is: unfortunately, no. And it won't change any time soon. If you dig under some voxels, they will stay at their place.
This is something possible to handle and simulate in small areas... but not yet possible to handle in a single-shard universe, where the planets are not instanced but really in the same sandbox. The necessary computer power is just too much if you do that with, let's say... a mountain? Maybe someday when the technology will have evolved enough?

You can also hear about it in the interview with Jean-Christophe Baillie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFM4sTFMU1U&t=62m59s

It seems that every player will be able to dig under the mountain to the point where it becomes some kind of floating island. Does it mean there will not be any kind of gravity implemented in the game?

Therefore, I have one more question. First, lets see important part of the gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mI-A0OuF8&t=5m25s

What would happen if Jean-Christophe Baillie landed on the other side of the spaceship? Since there is no gravity in space, no "up and down", how players will be able to move on different kinds of spaceships?

To make it simple, imagine that someone will build a symmetrical cube somewhere in space. On which side a player can land and freely walk?

The first part is unfortunate, though, understandable. Too many calculations would be needed for so many people if things collapsed, don't think the servers could really handle that. 

As for the second part, I like to assume artificial gravity will be a thing allowing you to make specific directions upright on a structure (i.e, space engineers gravity generator) this makes the idea of gravity on board work as everyone will be on the same axis. 
As for a symmetric cube, it would depend upon which side the generator were on.

We'll see how it all works, but we have to assume they have something that pulls artificially. 

One thing I'm wondering is: does gravity have any influence on constructs at all? Why are the hover elements even necessary if there is nothing to pull you hover bike down to the ground. 

And if getting to space requires research of more powerful engines, doesn't that imply that gravity is the limiting factor?

"Gravity in this case, is coded for a purpose. It doesn't have to be all compassing, the servers can't take that much load yet. In two to five years, perhaps they will. Gravity is only a limiting factor in specific cases. Novaquark is trying to make the game as immersive as possible, without buying thousands of servers to keep up with the load. Although, if you can fund them enough to buy that many, I'm sure they'll be grateful."

I was talking about this with a friend last night.  I realize that having gravity on every voxel would be a resource nightmare, but what about on whole bodies?  For instance, if I fly too close to a star, will I get captured by gravity? 

Might come in handy if you figure out the exact point of no return for a particular star and use that as part of a combat move; Like if I zoom by just outside that point but my enemy chasing me doesn't know the exact point and crosses it and plummets into the star.  

Assuming the overall mass of the body doesn't change, or at least it shouldn't, it might be doable.