Can we have droids like in star wars?

Justus_Stargaze

I know this idea might seem pointless since players will do everything anyways and people have propably already asked thus, but I want to still talk about it.

Now I know think you can program scripts into ships and stations but I still wanna dream a day where I can command my own droid army that can control ships, stations and veichels.

Now how would this work? Well why not add mini blocks so the doid can be in corridors or ships, a droid core where u can program ur droid to maybe attack when sees enemy or run to other droids if there are too manny enemies and also joints so it can move around and other parts. Now these options and more would allow player to make droids in diffrent shapes, sizes and roles like defending, building or servecing.

Now what could droids do that players cant, well what if there was only u and a small team and there is not enough teamates to control weapons, security systems, veichels, ships and more. Automated or complex droids can help you and your teamates fill the empty gaps some droids might have many eyes that can whatch multiple screens and locatins, some can gaurd or assist in escaping an attack or invasion and some can build, the possebilities are endless.

Im not asking to add this devs im just asking to take notes of these ideas or get inspired by the idea to create your own and possibly create your own droid army like in star wars.

So thx for making this type of game a reality for many people who has dreamt of something like this. "May the force be with you"

Tell me what you think of my idea and give suggestions I will responde hopefully.

We got CPU unit ( right ? ) to excute LUA script to some point but DROID to control something well the answer will be no. Because that is too much automation and as NQ had said : " You will be a colonist " . So give up your hope about create your own "DROID ARMY".

1 hour ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

Now how would this work? Well why not add mini blocks so the doid can be in corridors or ships, a droid core where u can program ur droid to maybe attack when sees enemy or run to other droids if there are too manny enemies and also joints so it can move around and other parts. Now these options and more would allow player to make droids in diffrent shapes, sizes and roles like defending, building or servecing.

NQ have said almost everything in game player have to do it.

1 hour ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

Now what could droids do that players cant, well what if there was only u and a small team and there is not enough teamates to control weapons, security systems, veichels, ships and more. Automated or complex droids can help you and your teamates fill the empty gaps some droids might have many eyes that can whatch multiple screens and locatins, some can gaurd or assist in escaping an attack or invasion and some can build, the possebilities are endless.

Well NQ have already said that: Solo ( or small group ) can do many thing but not everything.

6 hours ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

Now I know u can program AI into ships and stations but I still wanna dream a day where I can command my own droid army that can control ships, stations and veichels.

You can't program an AI and you can't have intelligent droids. 

That's against the nature of Du as ppl do those tasks

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

It was just a suggestion not a command I know there will be millions maybe even billions of players in Dual universe, I just wanted to give a suggestions.

And yes you can program som sort of commands in ships and stations.

But cant I just dream.

1 minute ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

And yes you can program som sort of commands in ships and stations.

But cant I just dream.

You said "Now I know u can program AI into 

And no, you can't do that. You can lua script much, but NO AI

6 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

We got CPU unit ( right ? ) to excute LUA script to some point but DROID to control something well the answer will be no. Because that is too much automation and as NQ had said : " You will be a colonist " . So give up your hope about create your own "DROID ARMY".

Well NQ have already said that: Solo ( or small group ) can do many thing but not everything.

Yeah I understand it one of the main principles of Dual Universe that players shoud do almost everything if they are able too and I understand that.

This idea was just a suggestion an insperation not an command.

1 minute ago, Lethys said:

You said "Now I know u can program AI into 

And no, you can't do that. You can lua script much, but NO AI

Sorry I was dum of me of saying that scripting is like creating AI is my dum mistake.

But I respect ur replies and correcting me of that thank you.

@Justus_Stargaze Nah you dont have to give up your hope. You can create a org or join an org and promote to the point you can command an army. Then the dream of you be a commander will become true :) . But it will harder than your previous dream but man, it will be cool if under you are 50+ solider squad ready to action follow your order.

Just now, ShioriStein said:

@Justus_Stargaze Nah you dont have to give up your hope. You can create a org or join an org and promote to the point you can command an army. Then the dream of you be a commander will become true :) . But it will harder than your previous dream but man, it will be cool if under you are 50+ solider squad ready to action follow your order.

Yeah but maybe it would be a bit hard for one persone to command 50+ droids so it propably easier to command people especially if you can communicate with them eaisely,

sorry for my english.

8 hours ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

I know this idea might seem pointless since players will do everything anyways and people have propably already asked thus, but I want to still talk about it.

Now I know think you can program scripts into ships and stations but I still wanna dream a day where I can command my own droid army that can control ships, stations and veichels.

Im not asking to add this devs im just asking to take notes of these ideas or get inspired by the idea to create your own and possibly create your own droid army like in star wars.

So thx for making this type of game a reality for many people who has dreamt of something like this. "May the force be with you"

Tell me what you think of my idea and give suggestions I will responde hopefully.

I gotta go to sleep now so I cant reply in a few hours and also I got school so sorry if I cant reply emediatly,

sorry for my english.

11 minutes ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

I am not a professoinal in AI or scripting but I have seen what a community can do.

But thx for sharing ur idea and knowlege Lord_Void sorry for my english.

You give me too much credit. You're right. I'm sure we will be surprised with what some people come up with :)

Just now, Justus_Stargaze said:

Yeah but maybe it would be a bit hard for one persone to command 50+ droids so it propably easier to command people especially if you can communicate with them eaisely,

sorry for my english.

Ah dont worry i'm not good at english too. 

You seem wrong, command 50+ droids will be much easy when they dont have thinking, fear, emotion, objection... they just do the command.

But on the other hand, 50+ player under your command is very hard when they will doub about your command, doub about your command skill, objection, fear, too much excited and get lost, corruption, .... 

1 minute ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

I gotta go to sleep now so I cant reply in a few hours and also I got school

Oh my, good night to you.

Feel happy to have Tet holiday.

31 minutes ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

Sorry I was dum of me of saying that scripting is like creating AI is my dum mistake.

But I respect ur replies and correcting me of that thank you.

you're not dumb - I never said nor implied that. 

It's just essential that people use the correct terms here otherwise they assume stuff which isn'T there

15 hours ago, Justus_Stargaze said:

In this video at 7:30 he shows off a drone he made, so I guess if you added some more features then you could have a "kamikaze" drone that rams its self into enemies and explode. But you can't have them shoot people on sight

Sadly -well, not necessarily sadly but- because of no AI and LUA scripting limitations, AI droids to man weapons or act on behalf of real players, is not something NQ wants to focus on. 

One of DU's core aspect is player interaction and player-driven. 

This means that if you have a giant capital ship with 100 guns, you will need 100 players to man each one of them. Admirals with strong leadership will thrive in that environment ;)

And personally, I think this is great, since it gives players value when it comes to manning ships. That little recruit or cadet is not so useless after all, eh?! :lol:

~ Meldrik

Edited by Mod-Meldrik

19 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

Okay I thank you for informing me.

3 hours ago, Mod-Meldrik said:

Sadly -well, not necessarily sadly but- because of no AI and LUA scripting limitations, AI droids to man weapons or act on behalf of real players, is not something NQ wants to focus on. 

One of DU's core aspect is player interaction and player-driven. 

This means that if you have a giant capital ship with 100 guns, you will need 100 players to man each one of them. Admirals with strong leadership will thrive in that environment ;)

And personally, I think this is great, since it gives players value when it comes to manning ships. That little recruit or cadet is not so useless after all, eh?! :lol:

~ Meldrik

Well thank you for telling me Mod-Meldrik, and I know the core of Dual universe is the players and they should do everything and they haf to do everything is was just an idea of mine since I have dreamed of a game like this for some years now.

Thx for info.

5 hours ago, Jegleebow20 said:

In this video at 7:30 he shows off a drone he made, so I guess if you added some more features then you could have a "kamikaze" drone that rams its self into enemies and explode. But you can't have them shoot people on sight

NOW THAT I dident think about, well you dont need advance3d AI or scripting I belevie to make a ship follow and maybe even crash into an enemy ship.

Thx for the information.

12 hours ago, Lethys said:

you're not dumb - I never said nor implied that. 

It's just essential that people use the correct terms here otherwise they assume stuff which isn'T there

Okay thx I will try to be careful when I post a new idea or a discussion I thank you for being involved in this discussion.

To be more precise, gameplay-wise (and based on what we know as of now).

You can program basic (or less basic) scripts in Lua, auto-pilotes may be a thing for example, but:

1. Someone needs to stay near the program unit for the script to work.
  2. Script won't be able to shoot or engage any PvP action (or, at best, very inefficiently).

~ Merwyn

On 2/5/2018 at 2:11 PM, Lethys said:

Yeah, that doesn't mean I won't be asking someone to dress as R2D2 and make boop noises.