Custom Personal Defense Weapons

Grizzord

Im not entirely sure what the devs have said lately about personal weapons such as rifles and pistols on so on but, i had an idea if the do decide to put some sort of personal defense weapon for when Pirates and such board your ship. the idea is mostly just to have one rifle and one pistol. same specs for everyone and make the weapons hitscan as to make to where there is never  a ohysical projectile in the server.(i think hit scan is the proper term im looking for). any way to make things more interesting, you could allow organizations to go into a micro voxel editor in game and design custom "looking" rifles and pistols. that way say that pirates could have a pistol and rifel that looks like thistraditions_50_cal_trapper_black_powder_pistol_143060_1.jpg.dbf236b1c869f85f3fea6fc57dfe3df7.jpg

and thisrifle.jpg.c74b4deffd1aa6c80e58b02abbeb81a5.jpg

then say some one who wants to be an "alien race" could have their weapons look like thisalien_sniper_rifle____by_danieldoerksen.thumb.jpg.a60aa9f63898e422ee7d52015d012179.jpg

and a pistol like this

concept_art_weapon_dimension_pt_02_by_1oshuart-d7ejqdk.thumb.jpg.f52917afffa1f32f64f545cedb42b34c.jpg

then say the Standard military weapon of choice rifle

c4baf60386517fbccbb90fbcc2b5a323-dbohbjv.jpg.420ab755145895f5460d475e059dd1e8.jpg

so the idea is to only allow cosmetic changes via custom "voxel" weapons. all the stats would be identical. or if you guys wanted the stats could be changeable via different rifle types. any way i wanted to hear to communities thoughts on this? 

Hopefully all weapons will do the same amount of damage compared to others in its class but it would be nice to change the appearance but you also don't want someone to have a overpowered weapon and a edge over other players !

4 hours ago, GunDeva said:

Hopefully all weapons will do the same amount of damage compared to others in its class but it would be nice to change the appearance but you also don't want someone to have a overpowered weapon and a edge over other players !

i agree thats why i originally suggested just cosmetic changes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.2.2018 at 6:27 PM, Grizzord said:

make the weapons hitscan as to make to where there is never  a ohysical projectile in the server

Even if I prefer projectiles, I think hitscan would be the only right for Server performance.  

On 6.2.2018 at 1:01 AM, GunDeva said:

I would like to see a System with different Weapon bases. So instead of one pistol, there should be different types of pistols(Like P01 a light Pistol , SP a medium Pistol, Pxyz a heavy pistol, etc) and every base should have different modding options like scopes etc. The base should also define the "Space" you can design by your own with voxel, so that you can see,  or at least estimate, what Weapon Type/Base is used.
I know that this would be a very complex System, but it would be the best solution, at least in my Opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is personal defense centered, but since I saw a few rifles, here's this instead.

I'd rather weapon stats not all be the same because I feel as if it would get relatively boring. The main stat I think we're all concerned about I think would be DPM so lets allow that to remain somewhat constant, but let's throw in a few variables.

How heavy is the weapon?

What is your caliber?

Ammo type?

Ammo quality?

Rate of fire?

Batteries for applicable weapons? (size, output, charging speed)

How stealthy is it? (noise when handling/shooting, illumination, size)

Recoil?

Reload speed?

And probably a bunch of other stuff I haven't thought yet.

Perhaps some of this could be mitigated through a firearms training skill like increased reload speed, decreased recoil, increased reaction speed etc.