What crazy contraption will you build?

friendlytyrant03

Problem with a mass driver is getting back the supplies (also they work off the same basic principle so you can technically classify them all as rail guns or mass drivers or even coil guns just the implementation is slightly different)

A mass driver on the other end takes care of the supply retrieval problem. It becomes a method of two-way shipping between two planets that doesn't involve the necessity of a ship. Of course, it does require accurate calculations and knowledge of the current and relative future placement and movement of celestial bodies. IMO, a more complex system. If deliveries get lost, no one will use the service.

Problem with a mass driver is getting back the supplies (also they work off the same basic principle so you can technically classify them all as rail guns or mass drivers or even coil guns just the implementation is slightly different)

you cant classify them as railgun AND coilgun.

those are fundamentally differently working accelerators.

I have quite a few idea, from recreating starships from popular sci-fi to building transportation sectors that will help new players and older players alike. I would include a shuttle or train station (depending on how ground vehicles work), shuttle station, frigate landing pads, and eventually a space elevator. This project would be huge and take a lot of time and planning (thus why I have already started) Of course I have other ideas, but I'm going to keep them to myself at this time.

I plan on trying to build a transit network with stops at areas that are identified as high value by proximity to resources or a hunting grounds or something like that, if the system allows for that kind of construction

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful if you do, it will undoubtedly take up alot of your time..

So far, this is how it will most likely be handled (but what is explained below can always be subject to change):  it will be stipulated in the EULA that If some players build something under copyright (USS Enterprise or Death Star), Novaquark staff might take action to remove it.

In the facts, we will only do that if we receive complaints from copyright owner.

Players must be aware they take a risk (and must take responsability for it) if they build copyrighted things.

Regarding the problems that will rise undoubtedly from such freedom (people building stuff that may be offensing and/or that doesn't fit in the world), we are currently looking into something that might help to solve both situations.

I will, hopefully not alone, build a Corporate tower (the aptly named Volcanov Tower) which includes hangar bays, living quarters, automated and manual defenses, as well as huge underground storages. It will be the base of my Mining/Producing/Trading empire (might also include shipping and protection services, depending on the size of the organisation)

Because it'll probably be someone's lifelong goal to blow it up.

True, true. These nihilistic players, who only seek destruction are what really bothers me... I mean, I want battles and destruction and all, but only between willing parties, not forced upon everyone. Sure, all of this is sandbox and free and stuff, but it would still be nice if people would consider how much time and effort (and money probably) someone invested in something before blowing it to shreds