PVP timers confirmed! What should we call them?

What should the Build Protection mechanism be called?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a name

• Force Field Unit (current name)
    • Structural Integrity Unit
    • Other (add in comments)
    • Wall (short and sweet)

On 09/02/2018 at 4:10 AM, Hades said:

A shield also implies once you’re past it, you can do anything.  Which is not the case with this tech... you can’t damage constructs for sure.  Curious about whether non-construct based attacks will be possible.

Getting pretty granular at that point though, I think shield generator/barrier is still acceptable 

Im pretty sure constructs will be able to be damaged. You might not have the rights to get in through a door, or wall, but given the right tools/weapons you will be able to blast your way through.

Just as ships can get area damaged, so will structures. So whatever you do, don't make your core defenses out of..... grass  O.O

52 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Im pretty sure constructs will be able to be damaged. You might not have the rights to get in through a door, or wall, but given the right tools/weapons you will be able to blast your way through.

Just as ships can get area damaged, so will structures. So whatever you do, don't make your core defenses out of..... grass  O.O

Inside of protetictive territory shields?  “The owner of a territory located outside of a Secure Area will be able to set up a Force Field Unit to protect their Normal Territories. “. It’s literally the core mechanic of these devices.

Force field unit implies it’s more than just a door imho.   The whole point is to set one up so someone doesn’t burn your dig to the ground while you’re asleep.

I’m pretty sure all conflict is a strict no-go within the protective shield.  Not really sure how else it would work.  Basically a temporary safezone.  Until you take down the shield of course...which should be able to be taken down by other means than just force.  Hacking, or disasbling a necessary generator.  All subject to the cool down of course.  But that’s another topic I suppose.

22 hours ago, Hades said:

Inside of protetictive territory shields?  “The owner of a territory located outside of a Secure Area will be able to set up a Force Field Unit to protect their Normal Territories. “. It’s literally the core mechanic of these devices.

Force field unit implies it’s more than just a door imho.   The whole point is to set one up so someone doesn’t burn your dig to the ground while you’re asleep.

I’m pretty sure all conflict is a strict no-go within the protective shield.  Not really sure how else it would work.  Basically a temporary safezone.  Until you take down the shield of course...which should be able to be taken down by other means than just force.  Hacking, or disasbling a necessary generator.  All subject to the cool down of course.  But that’s another topic I suppose.

I am talking about once the shield is down....

Ah I see, if you weren’t following the conversation that’s an easy error to make.  My apologies.  I should have clarified, that by past it... I meant quite literally you’re past it, you’ve walked through... but it’s still up.  

When I think of a shield, I think of a barrier... once you’re past the barrier you can do damage.  That’s why I think shield is an improper name for the device.

Although I can’t really come up with an alternative so.. meh, shield generator is still good with me.

Edit:

I was just giving an example of how someone could be confused (initially) about a shield generator... I don’t think it’s much of an issue whatsoever.  Anyone who DOES make that error, will figure it out quickly enough.