Hi, I'm '13'

Osyraa

Hi, Im 13 (as a name, not the age). I came across this game and got really excited as Im sure a lot of you did when you found it. I was hoping to find someone that could answer some questions in messages; I dont want to clutter the forums with trivial things. 

~cheers

Hi 13,

You can probably find a lot of information here:

... and maybe here too:

If you have other questions, feel free to use the board search or ask questions here if you don't find an answer.

Community will be happy to answer.

~ Merwyn.

Welcome to the Community fam... Got questions? We got answers! - Don't be afraid to ask away, we don't bite. (well maybe just a little bit, but just a tiny bit) :ph34r:;)

Hehehe, welcome anyways...

Cheers,
Comrademoco

He beat me to it.... why must you replace me Mod-Merwyn.

In any case, welcome! Mod-Merwyn got all the sources and stuff covered, so do enjoy his post!

As for the rest of this...

I ran out of things to say.

Once again, welcome to Dual Universe!

Alright, well here are some questions then:

1. as I understand it, the game is in pre-alpha; only people who donated before at gold level are able to access it, and its only on specific days for a few hours, yes? or is it up all the time for those people?

2. whens the next round of gold donations being accepted?

3. As I understand it, you can make permanent, automated defense systems for your territory. This is true yes?

1 hour ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

1. as I understand it, the game is in pre-alpha; only people who donated before at gold level are able to access it, and its only on specific days for a few hours, yes? or is it up all the time for those people?

3. As I understand it, you can make permanent, automated defense systems for your territory. This is true yes?

Welcome :)

1.  Yes the game is up only for short Pre-Alpha tests for Gold+ backers on scheduled days for now.

2. Soon.  I don't think there is an estimate for how soon, but soon.

3. I'm not exactly sure how the "automated" part is going to work, but something like that is planned for sure.  Right now combat hasn't been introduced yet.  But there will be character and ship based combat when the game launches.

4 hours ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

Well if you donate from begining is gold backer, now it will be supporter pack but it should give you acess to Alpha and Beta stage.

4 hours ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

Yes we will have automate ... to some point ( it not good as player defend so dont hope about one man def base )  to defend your base.

11 hours ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

As of now Alpha Supporter Packs are suspended until further notice.

Since you're concerned about territory defences,i would advise you to look through the latest Devblog about territory protection mechanics to get an idea about the systems involved.You can find it here : https://www.dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/01/30/our-toughts-on-territory-protection-mechanics/

Welcome aboard 13!

Yeah, I have read all the dev blogs and the dev videos. 

some more questions:

1. Im a little concerned about the concept of resource acquisition. One would theoretically want to hold a planet because it has better resources. How will this be represented in game? will some planets have some form of attribute that makes them spawn 'resource nodes' that have high value? Any explanation on this would be cool

so, If I make a small ship that I want to make more of, do I need to build it voxel by voxel again going by a blueprint, or do i feed the blueprint the resources, and it kind of auto builds it?

37 minutes ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

so, If I make a small ship that I want to make more of, do I need to build it voxel by voxel again going by a blueprint, or do i feed the blueprint the resources, and it kind of auto builds it?

There will be a blueprint system where you can put in the resources and churn it out when it is ready.

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Blueprints

- Mercutio

Edited by Mod-Mercutio

19 hours ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

1. Im a little concerned about the concept of resource acquisition. One would theoretically want to hold a planet because it has better resources. How will this be represented in game? will some planets have some form of attribute that makes them spawn 'resource nodes' that have high value? Any explanation on this would be cool

We are waiting for more information (and NQ is probably still making adjustments) on this subject.

NQ stated that exploration will be important, but resource spreading is unknown at the moment.

~ Merwyn