Is it possible to play without fighting ?

atriumgp

Hello,

Here is the question. Is it possible on the whole game to play without fighting. I mean without pvp ( except pve there is no full loot)

Because i had the experience in an other mmorpg with full loot and i i lost all my gear because of it.

Are there more mecanism more pacific without using violence on an other player (except pve) ?

Thank you a lot and see you. :)

Technically, you could. You probably can’t play solo, but if you join a big enough org, they can defend you as you do other things, like mining. Of course, your org could lose an invasion and be completely destroyed, in which case you’d have to evacuate. But you can certainly try.

the arkship (starting area) will be a safe zone where PvP won't be possible.

Because DU will be player-driven, we could in theory find lots of ways to play it without fighting even outside the safe zone. For example: Trading important info, dissuasion, hiding (space is large, very large ;)  )

2 hours ago, atriumgp said:

Hello,

Here is the question. Is it possible on the whole game to play without fighting. I mean without pvp ( except pve there is no full loot)

Are there more mecanism more pacific without using violence on an other player (except pve) ?

Thank you a lot and see you. :)

Yes, of course there is.

Some players will RULE the markets and never touch combat or perhaps even "exist" in the game as it were (goodness knows what sort of trickery they'll be capable of)... for one obvious example.

There may well be builders or other such creators at the centre of large groups of players who similarly only build from a hive of human interaction around them.

These are examples of such mechanisms. Let's conjure up another: You could be an explorer who simply blasts off LIGHT YEARS finding new systems and extending ever BEYOND never meeting others... (well it's theoretically possible when the devs ""open up the possibility of other systems).

Overall the emergence of large player groups will likely create interior conditions for such gameplay. Exterior conditions will likely be like "Old Man's War"concerning exploration and extermination....

20 hours ago, atriumgp said:

Is it possible on the whole game to play without fighting.

Certainly. Although, every 3rd year, there will be a culling of sorts to keep population numbers in the safe zones under control. A handful of players will be forced into PvP territory where they will either fight, or die. Survivors are allowed to return to the safe zones if they so choose.