Supporter packs or new pledgers?

Privateer_troy

Have known about the game since about November 2017 and waited to see if the portal would allow us to get into alphas. Have I missed something or are we still waiting on update to portal to allow us to play alpha? I think I saw that the next weekend is coming up on Jan 27th?

Currently there are no backing/supporter packs out to gain accsess to anything. Pre-Alpha is currently running for those that got a pack with Alpha either from the kickstarter or community pledges.

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Omfgreenhair said:

looking forward to when it does, though. Didn't have the financial assets to purchase the gold thingy, but now that I do I can't. That's an old unfortunate situation. So I hope I get another shot at gold.

I'm in the same situation; I wanted ruby for the life subscription but could only afford Iron at the time. I could buy Ruby now.

Sadly, the new supporter packs will almost certainly be very weak compared to the kickstarter pledges, second-round crowd-funding always is. There might not even be any alpha-access, and I'll be very surprised if there are any life subs.

51 minutes ago, Razorwire said:

and I'll be very surprised if there are any life subs.

no lifetime subs anymore with support packs

However, some current rewards won't be available in these new “Supporter” packs. For example, we will remove the lifetime subscription reward. If you are planning on purchasing or upgrading to a Ruby pack or higher to earn this reward, the time is now. Once we suspend the upgrades on September, 7 —the lifetime reward will not appear in any future packs. 

I know, Lethys.
I keep forgetting that these forums seem incapable of processing anything less than exact terms. Sadly, my normal mode of speech rarely uses absolutes.

"Those kinds of offers are expensive for the devs over time; they effectively remove a player from the funding stream once their package cost is exceeded by whatever the subs would have cost to that point. They are a reward for very early backers with deep pockets who take a chance on an early concept. Once early backing is done, the life-sub offers always vanish, and never return. " - Me, on life-subs, late last year.

26 minutes ago, Razorwire said:

I know, Lethys.
I keep forgetting that these forums seem incapable of processing anything less than exact terms. Sadly, my normal mode of speech rarely uses absolutes.

"Those kinds of offers are expensive for the devs over time; they effectively remove a player from the funding stream once their package cost is exceeded by whatever the subs would have cost to that point. They are a reward for very early backers with deep pockets who take a chance on an early concept. Once early backing is done, the life-sub offers always vanish, and never return. " - Me, on life-subs, late last year.

it's just to make sure others who read this are aware of that too - "I will be very surprised when... " could be a maybe to others while NQ clearly and obviously said no.

To avoid a nonexistant hypetrain and to get ppl back on facts you have to use exact terms

18 minutes ago, Lethys said:

To avoid a nonexistant hypetrain and to get ppl back on facts you have to use exact term

this, I like this. That's the mentality of these developers and it resonates in their game and also some of the community. I love it and why, of all other games out there as ambitious, I strongly believe it's worth every penny I can invest.

25 minutes ago, Lethys said:

it's just to make sure others who read this are aware of that too - "I will be very surprised when... " could be a maybe to others while NQ clearly and obviously said no.

To avoid a nonexistant hypetrain and to get ppl back on facts you have to use exact terms

:D

That's why I didn't write "I will be surprised when...", I wrote "I'll be very surprised if...", which to me does not even imply a little hope.

Just to be... exact: 
- I think there will be no life-subs available in the new packs.
- I think there will be no pre-alpha access available in the new packs.

- I'm truly disappointed that I didn't have the money back when I could have upgraded to Ruby for the life-sub.
- I can afford Ruby twice-over now, which just makes it feel worse that I missed my only chance, just because my car blew up.

No Worries y'all, Lethys has to cover a lot of ground bear in mind, the output is keeping the "Sine Wave of community communication" roughly in tandem (or "in phase" and shape) with some sort of orthodox NQ stance ("Sine Wave")  so I can understand WHY what is said even if I don't feel it describes anything useful to ME sometimes. And often enough to satisfy  it does describe reasonably enough well even if the wobbly lines make me think "hmmm.... Whisky Tango Foxtrot..."

Just remember, talking often involves this sort of different packages going on their own mission and resulting in people thinking: Am I actually being heard right here?! Well yes and no after transcription!

Plus Ca Change... :lol: