Cannot Logon

Elkay

Did i read something wrong in the email?

Here we are.  Jan 19th.  It's 4:25 pm CST which is 5:25 pm EST

• New York, USA: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 04:00 EST until 07:00 EST

Definitely within the boundaries of the time slot.

Once again though - unable to login.   It's becoming a bit of a pattern really :(

*edit*

Wait...those times aren't AM are they????????  SOMEONE AT NOVAQUARK PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOU AREN'T SCHEDULING TIMES AT 4AM????  3AM FOR ME?  PLEASE TELL ME THIS.

Any help would be appreciated.

-LK

And when i try to go to the correct forum - i get the identical error message as when i try logging onto the game.  

Talking about logging on is NOT the same as talking about BEING on.

I was curious if anyone else had the same problem.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That is NOT an NDA violation and your reply was little more than "Look how much i know and you dont" it's really irritating.

5 minutes ago, Elkay said:

And when i try to go to the correct forum - i get the identical error message as when i try logging onto the game.  

I was curious if anyone else had the same problem.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That is NOT an NDA violation and your reply was little more than "Look how much i know and you dont" it's really irritating.

Well if you had explained all that then that would have been better. Posting access day/times however could be an NDA breach.

It seems like DU may have a login server issue - but thats just a guess, i have NO IDEA.

And this has nothing to do with any form of 'Dick Measuring' as you are implying. Ive seen NDA's before where the above would be a breach - its as simple as that.

Cheers

16 hours ago, Elkay said:

*edit*

Wait...those times aren't AM are they????????  SOMEONE AT NOVAQUARK PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOU AREN'T SCHEDULING TIMES AT 4AM????  3AM FOR ME?  PLEASE TELL ME THIS.

NQ are french. so tests are based on EU times. Also, yes, wrong section of the forum.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:11 PM, Elkay said:

The person you are being so rude to was just trying to give you a little piece of information.  He isn't even a gold member, but you are so upset because you misread the times that you went off on him.  As some people have said NQ base of operations is in France.  They originally posted a lot of their information based on American timezones, but with the global aspect of the community they must have decided using UTC (universal time code) was more appropriate than giving times in specific time zones.  They also post their times in 24 hour clock standards (which you might have noticed times greater than 12 on the same notice you saw the 4:00 times) which count from 00:00 (12 midnight) to 23:59 (11:59 PM).

Decency would tell you that you shouldn't just go off on a person because they try to give you information on a forum.  I know things can get frustrating with new software, but the NDA covers any aspect of early access to the game, and the person (who does not have access to the actual NDA text) said that your comment MIGHT fall under it.  He didn't tell you not to post, only implied that you might want to check.

Hi everyone!

Here are a few clarifications on the topic:

- As a general rule, any information or content that has been published publicly by Novaquark can be considered as not under the NDA anymore. As we have started to communicate publicly about the tests schedule since the beginning of 2018, this is not under NDA anymore. I will make a quick post tomorrow in the appropriate section to be sure that everyone is aware of that.

- @Elkay: The reason why you may have had some "login problem" on the forum may be related to the fact that you activated your gold status recently. If that's the case, indeed, you weren't able to access the Pre-Alpha section on the forum, sending you back an error message. The problem is now fixed. If the problem was something else, please contact our customer support at support@novaquark.com

- @Elkay: For any problem, (log in or anything else), posting on the forum with an angry tone will never solve real problems. Contacting our customer support at support@novaquark.com and explaining in details what the issue is (which error message you get, when did you get it, etc) most likely will.

- @Elkay: regarding the time frame of the scheduled tests, as the explanation is in a forum section under NDA, I will re-post it there for information purpose.

Dual Universe is still in Pre-Alpha, meaning we are still in a phase where we are debugging/fixing a lot of things.

We do a few tests, then we fix things, then we another batch of tests and we continue to fix more things. Keep in mind that we aren't yet in a phase where you can log to play and have fun like in a nearly-finished game. If you want to log now, you should expect that this is to help the Novaquark team improving the game. If you are logging to have a fun experience, then we thorougly advise you to wait and come back when we will reach Beta, or at the very least Alpha.

Now, why the "weird" time frame schedule?

At the beginning, the goal was to have at least one test per month with hours fitting for every player.

If the time frame seems "crazy" for a test (during the night for instance or while you are at work), then it means this test wasn't originally meant for you but for other testers around the globe. However, if for some reason (if you are on holidays, or you can't sleep, and you really want to test the game) you are free to join at these odd hours, and you are more than welcome.

Please understand that, at least for the time being, don't expect a weekly test with hours fitting for every player. We are aware that this is one of the most pressing demand from the Pre-Alpha testers (more test sessions, longer test sessions) and that's among our priorities. However, as this involves not only server stability but also recruitment and special authorization (not so easy to obtain unless you are already an international company) to work overnight in countries like France, it may take some time. However, we are doing our best to find a solution for more (and longer) tests as soon as possible. 

Best  Regards,

Nyzaltar.

@Elkay I have two pieces of advice for you, and I don't mean this in a sarcastic manner but in a truly helpful manner to leave you better off.  The first is that on the internet, anyone can be anyone. And if you are mean, rude, sarcastic, etc. (I'm not saying you intended to be any or all of those things, but think about how others may interpret your words), people will be heavily inclined to oppose you, regardless of your stance, because that's all they know you for right then and there. You don't need to be all kind and sweet, but everything goes a lot better for both parties if you are at least passive about it.

Second, pro tip for anyone, not just you: 7:00 can be morning or night. It's America, it's 7:00, is it time to wake up for work, or is the late game in the 4th quarter? AM or PM matters here of course.

But if a time is listed as 07:00, that 0 at the start usually means it's on a 24 hour clock- usually said out loud as "oh seven hundred". The 0 is a placeholder because it could be a 1 or a 2. You don't need AM or PM, because 7:00PM is actually 19:00.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 3:42 AM, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Hi everyone!

Here are a few clarifications on the topic:

- As a general rule, any information or content that has been published publicly by Novaquark can be considered as not under the NDA anymore. As we have started to communicate publicly about the tests schedule since the beginning of 2018, this is not under NDA anymore. I will make a quick post tomorrow in the appropriate section to be sure that everyone is aware of that.

- @Elkay: The reason why you may have had some "login problem" on the forum may be related to the fact that you activated your gold status recently. If that's the case, indeed, you weren't able to access the Pre-Alpha section on the forum, sending you back an error message. The problem is now fixed. If the problem was something else, please contact our customer support at support@novaquark.com

- @Elkay: For any problem, (log in or anything else), posting on the forum with an angry tone will never solve real problems. Contacting our customer support at support@novaquark.com and explaining in details what the issue is (which error message you get, when did you get it, etc) most likely will.

- @Elkay: regarding the time frame of the scheduled tests, as the explanation is in a forum section under NDA, I will re-post it there for information purpose.

Dual Universe is still in Pre-Alpha, meaning we are still in a phase where we are debugging/fixing a lot of things.

We do a few tests, then we fix things, then we another batch of tests and we continue to fix more things. Keep in mind that we aren't yet in a phase where you can log to play and have fun like in a nearly-finished game. If you want to log now, you should expect that this is to help the Novaquark team improving the game. If you are logging to have a fun experience, then we thorougly advise you to wait and come back when we will reach Beta, or at the very least Alpha.

Now, why the "weird" time frame schedule?

At the beginning, the goal was to have at least one test per month with hours fitting for every player.

If the time frame seems "crazy" for a test (during the night for instance or while you are at work), then it means this test wasn't originally meant for you but for other testers around the globe. However, if for some reason (if you are on holidays, or you can't sleep, and you really want to test the game) you are free to join at these odd hours, and you are more than welcome.

Please understand that, at least for the time being, don't expect a weekly test with hours fitting for every player. We are aware that this is one of the most pressing demand from the Pre-Alpha testers (more test sessions, longer test sessions) and that's among our priorities. However, as this involves not only server stability but also recruitment and special authorization (not so easy to obtain unless you are already an international company) to work overnight in countries like France, it may take some time. However, we are doing our best to find a solution for more (and longer) tests as soon as possible. 

Best  Regards,

Nyzaltar.

You are quite right!  I was frustrated that yet another "pre-alpha" had come along and i'd missed it yet again.  I paid up-front in order to be allowed an early preview of the game as promised and it was so long ago I can honestly say i do not remember reading anything that said, "Most of the early previews will be on European time" but regardless, i was irritated and took it out on my original post.  

To all those i offended, my apologies.  This doesn't change the fact that numerous "tests" have been conducted and a large portion of the US audience who will eventually become customers - were "left out" if only because of the test-hours.  Anyway that's no excuse for me typing text that definitely had an air of angst inside the content.  

Your scolding was kind and well worded, Nyzaltar and that's exactly how i should have worded my original post.  I can assure you and the rest of the forum trollers i will curb my emotions in the future and stick to the task at hand:  Help NQ build a better product.

Thanks to everyone for reminding me who i am :)

-LK