Command Ships and Ground Vehicles

AvenioVespucci

Hey comrades of DU!

I've been think about two things lately, which I am not sure if anyone ever talk about it. So in case one of these topics have been discuessed already I would be happy to be redirected to there :)

Anyways first and short question. Will we be able to build ground vehicles like any kind of cars, drilling cars and such?

(What if the ressources of a planet go empty?)

Secound and more important topic:

I wounder how fleets will be coordinated. Since I am a long time eve player I would love to see a way to coordinated every pilot in the same fleet. There for I thought about a very tanky command ship which has somewhat of a "command-module" that provides the fleet commander a 3D or top view of the surrounding area. On this Map or view he can select targets which will be shown for the other fighter pilots in his fleets. I dont want to go much deeper into this just right now because i am curious with what idea you guys come up :)

Nevertheless I think the command modul should be expansive and use a lot of energy. So the ship cant really carry guns just a lot of armor. So the command ship will be the backbone of any fleet but will be helpless without his fleet.

Let me know what you guys think about this !

~Avenio

00-main-spaceship-command-center-daz3d.jpg

In larger fleets there certainly will be a command ship, probably equipped with lots of radar (as a "top-down map" would be not the most efficient in a 3-dimensional space) where the leaders of fighter squadrons coordinate targets for their pilots. As for ground vehicles, currently none are planned (as far as I know, been out of it for a while), as wheels would need a lot of calculations done by the engine as to not constantly clip through the ground.

On 14.1.2018 at 1:09 PM, AvenioVespucci said:

Anyways first and short question. Will we be able to build ground vehicles like any kind of cars, drilling cars and such?

As Simon already sad, wheels are not planned in a short term. The only ground vehicle for the start will be hovercrafts.

(What if the ressources of a planet go empty?)

Then they got empty...

This will take a very long time, because planets are big.

There for I thought about a very tanky command ship which has somewhat of a "command-module" that provides the fleet commander a 3D or top view of the surrounding area. On this Map or view he can select targets which will be shown for the other fighter pilots in his fleets.

There will be defintive no "magic 3rd person view" like in Eve.

If there is one, then only via a camera drone that can be shut down or a 3rd person view where you can only see what your sensors can see.

A 3D map of the sourrounding would indeed be very usefull, however this will also fall under the "no magic 3rd person view", so you will only see your ships if they transmit their location and you will only see enemy ships if your fleets sensors can detect them.