Weapon Detector area

Cronael

@Felonu

Oh ok, that of course would change a few things, I didn't understand it that way.

I'm in general very skptical about the hacking mechanic and especially the identity thief thing. Why positive would this even bring to the game compared to the negative, especially when considering what you sad about the voice chat?

The same with the whole "hack the weapon detection system" what was discussed earlier or implant hacking stuff. Just why?

Beeing able to detect weapons or scanning the inventory of players / containers is in general very usefull, manipulating the scan result will produce way more problems and make things more complicated then it brings good features into the game, imo.

When you can be SURE what a character is wearing, you can create arenes etc. without the risk that people are smuggling in weapons. You could also create "neutral" or "safe zones" where you are not allowed to bring in weapons.

Of course you could just storm in, like when moving through a metal detector, but then people would know.

Just now, Takao said:

@Felonu

Oh ok, that of course would change a few things.

I'm in general very skptical about the hacking mechanic and especially the identity thief thing. Why positive would this even bring to the game compared to the negative, especially when considering what you sad about the voice chat?

The same with the whole "hack the weapon detection system" what was discussed earlier or implant hacking stuff. Just why?

Beeing able to detect weapons or scanning the inventory of players / containers is in general very usefull, manipulating the scan result will produce way more problems and make things more complicated then it brings good features into the game, imo.

When you can be SURE what a character is wearing, you can create arenes etc. without the risk that people are smuggling in weapons. You could also create "neutral" or "safe zones" where you are not allowed to bring in weapons.

Of course you could just storm in, like when moving through a metal detector, but then people would know.

1 general positive is that it gives us another system that can be used for emergent gameplay.  Players will come up with awesome creative uses for the system, and I would actually be interested in the system because the defensive systems to counter it would be really fascinating.  

I hope NQ finds a balance that is fun whether they decide to implement these different hacking scenarios or not.