Weapon Detector area

Cronael

This will be useful in several areas.

For my part, imagine we want to build a playground for all, but we do not want some people malicious.

We want to create an area without weapons, and of course with the help of a road with its detectors let pass only people coming for the game.

Of course there will always be guard to monitor the detectors ... according to the systems that will be implemented.

We can imagine other uses, such as transactions and others ...

1 hour ago, Cronael said:

This will be useful in several areas.

For my part, imagine we want to build a playground for all, but we do not want some people malicious.

We want to create an area without weapons, and of course with the help of a road with its detectors let pass only people coming for the game.

Of course there will always be guard to monitor the detectors ... according to the systems that will be implemented.

We can imagine other uses, such as transactions and others ...

If there is a way to bypass those Sensors - sure, why not.

If you can't bypass them by any means then it's a broken mechanic and shouldn't be there at all

Or just have your territory tile or Construct (like a shopping mall for example) have a specificpoinmt, where yo uactivate a control unit as you pass by. If the control unit you activate can detect a gun on you, it will alert the guard on the other side "the person that activated me has a gun onhis inventory).

This though, requires NQ to put in those programming boards they showed on the tutorials to ave a command for "inspectInventory() "  so we can set up the systems ourselves.

They got the t0ools already as far as "area detectors" go (they showed those on the tutorial videos) all we neeed is commands to turn them as such.

I mean, I don't bother playing as a gaurd on a  ferry, but I would not want to have to use an "inspect inventory" option every time I have to inspect someone for a gun or a weapon in general, I'd want an automated system. Cause I'm lazy. :P 

@Cronael I like this idea, would be a perfect device to have for high security buildings, or public sports stadiums in-game. They already have a type of area proximity sensor, so it shouldn't be to much of a stretch to make it able to detect weapon systems.

I don't think people should be able to trick, or get pass the sensor undetected. Because that would make the sensor completely 100% useless. Instead I would make the sensor destructible. So if someone wants to get past is they would have destroy it.

5 minutes ago, supermega said:

@Cronael I like this idea, would be a perfect device to have for high security buildings, or public sports stadiums in-game. They already have a type of area proximity sensor, so it shouldn't be to much of a stretch to make it able to detect weapon systems.

I don't think people should be able to trick, or get pass the sensor undetected. Because that would make the sensor completely 100% useless. Instead I would make the sensor destructible. So if someone wants to get past is they would have destroy it.

I disagree as stealth and black ops would make up for good gameplay. High skill requirement, high equipment demand and maybe even weapon restriction (only small arms or w/e) to bypass it. 

Destruction is a given imho, as everything is destroyable except the arkzone

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

If there is a way to bypass those Sensors - sure, why not.

If you can't bypass them by any means then it's a broken mechanic and shouldn't be there at all

Destroy all with large ship and other^^  is the way but why people want destroy area just for game?

Is not broken, just a detector, not mean a weapon steal with this system or a blockage

I think game balance and fun gameplay is more important then Black Ops. The sensor is a passive device, so it doesn't prevent a player from using there weapon, or other devices.

But, a sensor like this would not interfere with Black Ops anyway. If someone truly wanted to do "Black Ops", they would infiltrate  the Org, and get the necessary access to deactivate the sensor, or pay someone on the inside to deactivate the sensor and look the other way. Although I suppose if a player were really good a "Black Ops" they could easily find a way around the sensor, to complete their mission.

If anything, going in without weapons would make things more fun and interesting, like a Hitman game or something. Maybe the player goes in unarmed to get pass the sensor, then heads straight to the weapons stash once on the inside.

The main issue is that, if there a way for players to bypass the system, then they will. An with everyone bypassing the system, it becomes a useless game mechanic.

To which weapons stash? How would they get weapons inside?

That's why I said: high skill demand, equipment or whatever so that NOT everyone can do that. Only highly trained (ingame skill) ppl which you call to do that kind of thing

Maybe the Black Ops player planted a stash of weapons before the sensors where put in place, maybe the weapons where in storage and belonged to that Org, or maybe the weapon stash was put there specifically by the player that was paid to leave it there. There are a variety of scenarios, but I just imagine Black Ops is something that would require a bit of thinking, and planning a head, something that requires real skill to execute.

I just thought of another scenario, a Black Ops player could have someone trigger the sensor on purpose, to draw the attention away so they could sneak by.

If there is a way to exploit or bypass a system, everybody will do it. This happens in all games, if you told players that there was a legendary weapon in the game, It wouldn't matter how hard, or how much time and resource. Every player will would eventually get one, either by doing the quest, or buying one, or stealing one from another player.

I think its ok to have limits, in favor of keeping the game fun and balanced. There are are already things there were shown that don't have a counter to it.

A. You can always cheat a detector. It's been done since the 70s, it's still done today, you can cheat the magnetic detectors that shops have for shoplifters, it's just a matter of having the right tools.

B. You can have clothes with "inlayed" inventories that are, for all intents and purpoes, "stleath pockets" ,meant for you to conceal carry a weapon. This is self-balanced, but since I don't trust people's intelligence, it's "conceal carry", it's not going to go to a combat armor, it's going to go to something cosmetic, like a fancy suit or a default suit that won'te raise suspicion.

C. You don't really need a seperate element for the job, as I said, just one command for a script thaty checks a person' inventroy / equipment for a gun and if there is one, an alarm goes off with the name of the perp.

The good thing is, that kind of inventory check can also be used for "auto-fitters" when a  person respawsn o na mothership and wants to quiickly equip armor from a container. Go near, boom, armored equipped by itneracting with the script, ready to go.

It's modular design.

Also, @Lethys I have to agree with the other guy.

Smugglers need a place in the game world... so do traitors >.>

While a stash won't be a thing, traitors are a certainty. Why fear of detectors or checkpoints, when the enemy Security Executive Rank 2 is the one who will give you access to top tier weaponry after you are past through? :P 

1 hour ago, supermega said:

If there is a way to exploit or bypass a system, everybody will do it. This happens in all games, if you told players that there was a legendary weapon in the game, It wouldn't matter how hard, or how much time and resource. Every player will would eventually get one, either by doing the quest, or buying one, or stealing one from another player

Well If that skill is behind 1,5years of skilling then not many ppl will dedicate their time to do so. Only the ones who really want that skill.

Weapons stash will only happen if you got a traitor in there.

I See your points and agree, though the same can be said about counters to that sensor:

Only high skilled players are immune (or whatever) to such a scan and people actually need to pay attention and watch the crowd. Cat and mice games. 

They are elites to infiltrate any building, Station, ship because of their skills and NO NEED of a spy (there are tightly knit groups who won't accept anyone they don't know personally so you can't use spais). 

In combination with a good and Well balanced stealth mechanic (plus counters like thermal or seismic sensors) you can have a way better stealth and black ops system. 

I don't want to read the forum when the only way to do black ops is to send a spai to the enemy, gain their trust for weeks and months and then backstab them (done that already, to me it's fun). If that's what you want (salty posts, whining and shitstorms because the Bad griefers killed them) then Go for it

11 hours ago, Lethys said:

Well If that skill is behind 1,5years of skilling then not many ppl will dedicate their time to do so. Only the ones who really want that skill.

Weapons stash will only happen if you got a traitor in there.

I See your points and agree, though the same can be said about counters to that sensor:

Only high skilled players are immune (or whatever) to such a scan and people actually need to pay attention and watch the crowd. Cat and mice games. 

They are elites to infiltrate any building, Station, ship because of their skills and NO NEED of a spy (there are tightly knit groups who won't accept anyone they don't know personally so you can't use spais). 

In combination with a good and Well balanced stealth mechanic (plus counters like thermal or seismic sensors) you can have a way better stealth and black ops system. 

I don't want to read the forum when the only way to do black ops is to send a spai to the enemy, gain their trust for weeks and months and then backstab them (done that already, to me it's fun). If that's what you want (salty posts, whining and shitstorms because the Bad griefers killed them) then Go for it

True on all accounts.

Let's hope NQ's RDMS-hacking they spoke of in GDC2017 is able to make a user "invisibile" to detectors, or at least, control what the detectoirs seem and hopefully, they add new implants we have to switch in our heads so the detector can't "read" our heads properly - cause if hacking is something yo ugot 24/7 without any need for cerebrea limplants, that'd be bad for gameplay in the long run. When everyone can ignore RDMS 24/7 every will train the hacking skill if it means no gear needed for it.

Although if I can use an InspectInventory I will find a scripting magic into making a person hand over any gun they got in their possession. Where there's a will, there's a way :P

Well we all got something in our life that called  "Metal detector" and "X-ray" . I agree it should be sensor but not a sensor that can detect which weapon, which is tool. Hmm my suggest is we should have a metal detector and something that make us can see player inventory but the image will be not complete or hard to recognize thing in side due to corruption image or even fake image (item image) ? And of course this is where tool and skill will work, no?
Everything will be control by human and anything control by human all have a weakness is the one control them.

1 hour ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

Although if I can use an InspectInventory I will find a scripting magic into making a person hand over any gun they got in their possession.

i'm not quite agree with the idea script to find weapon possession in player pocket. And i'm not the one who likely will want to rely on luck like unlock a skill which will get you 50 -50 chance to be detect , i dont want to 50 - 50 when do a important mission like sneak an area.

Just now, ShioriStein said:

i'm not quite agree with the idea script to find weapon possession in player pocket. And i'm not the one who likely will want to rely on luck like unlock a skill which will get you 50 -50 chance to be detect , i dont want to 50 - 50 when do a important mission like sneak an area.

Whi said anything about "chance" ?

The way NQ said "Hacking" will work is to make you bypass the RDMS of a construct - that also means, you bypass the "activate role : EVERYONE" for a Detector Unit.

That's not chance.

Ah it is hacking, sorry i have misunderstanding. Yeb right hacking will good but will it ? Still have to wait to see what kind of hacking NQ said. I dont really like if it just like Watch Dog.
I'm also hope there will be some thing like "metal detector" or "X-ray" thing xD. It should be cool

Why are people still drifting into espionage or "confrontation", what's the use of spying on a place where everyone comes to relax and watch racing games or whatever?

The idea or human control behind the sensor is mandatory is the best, in the sense that: if there is an error it will not be because of the equipment.

Regarding other topics of use for the spy or traitors .. there will always be.

But my idea of this weapon detector is to create a place where this atmosphere of "war" is no longer there. A space for relaxation where people do not take the lead with it, and many will want to protect a place like this.

Why are people still drifting into espionage or "confrontation", what's the use of spying on a place where everyone comes to relax and watch racing games or whatever?

The idea or human control behind the sensor is mandatory is the best, in the sense that: if there is an error it will not be because of the equipment.

But my idea of this weapon detector is to create a place where this atmosphere of "war" is no longer there. A space for relaxation where people do not take the lead with it, and many will want to protect a place like this.

You say "people who go to see a racing game", some of us hear "good way to get multiple bounties in one sitting". That's the Black Ops part. Black Ops are carried out by mercenaries, hired to carry out a specific task, no different than a bounty hunter's work. Now you know why Bobba Fett burned down the Skywalker Farm on Episode IV : A New Hope. Vader had to literally burn his past.

But fear not, you know what deters Black Ops? Guards - if those guards are not ruffians, or not paid well, or a combination of the two.

You may say "but what you speak of about Black Ops is terrorism", to which I say :

1) Terrorism - as a term - originates in the French Revolution also known as "The Reign of Terror", which means "grab people" or "cause accidents to many people" to send a message, hence, it's part of the "Politics" of the game.

2) perspective - the Death Star was a terrorist attack. It's a sandbox game, we gotta knock down them sandcastles.

But either way, NQ only has to add 1 command, the rest can be achieved via scripts for what yo uwant. Even automated "weapon holding", for example "
you will hand the weapon to the container and when you leave the container will return your weapon to you".

So, what you ask, can be achieved. Just don't be fooled and think a security system means safety.

Because you can't just introduce some element without thinking or talking about every use of it. YOU may only use it for some racing event. But not me. 

If you implement it without thinking about the consequences then it'll be just broken and ppl will abuse it in every way they can

hmm i have read somewhere on forum say everywhere is tatical target, so do your 'peaceful space'.

Or maybay your title or topic about security make people to think sothe much, if a place that have senser, not allow people with weapon go inside... it mean there must got something :)).

Also politican/VIP usually choose somewhere weapon not allow to speak, so in common it make people think about bring in weapon and politic, danger,... all thing you can imagine :)

4 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

hmm i have read somewhere on forum say everywhere is tatical target, so do your 'peaceful space'.

Or maybay your title or topic about security make people to think sothe much, if a place that have senser, not allow people with weapon go inside... it mean there must got something :)).

Also politican/VIP usually choose somewhere weapon not allow to speak, so in common it make people think about bring in weapon and politic, danger,... all thing you can imagine :)

i agree with you, but how to counter troller ? this people just come for destroy without reason... i mean this

8 minutes ago, Cronael said:

i agree with you, but how to counter troller ? this people just come for destroy without reason... i mean this

that is where you got security staff, enforce law from area ( police ), and other security matter. And the more you stay strong and destroy those troller, the more they will come so ready yourself, strong your mind if you still want to keep your dream, once you give up they win you lose, you not give up they rage and you sure enjoy it xD

@Cronael  I agree with you, and understand your intention. I think your idea would be a brilliant game mechanic, that could be useful in so many ways. but we'll have to see what Novaquark does.

And your right, some people just want to see the world burn, and destroy everything just because.