Atmosphere friction

ShioriStein

I just wonder that is the angel when you go from space into Atmos will affect anything ? like temp of the ship if you go so fast from space into atmos with angle like 60 - 90 degree.
Oh and i wonder if there is different Atmos so the Friction will all so different? 
It will be hilarious when stand on the ground and see some gigantic ship burning and blow up on the sky because the temp so high.

P.s: My grammar not so good because my mother language not english so sorry :).

1 hour ago, ShioriStein said:

I just wonder that is the angel when you go from space into Atmos will affect anything ? like temp of the ship if you go so fast from space into atmos with angle like 60 - 90 degree.
Oh and i wonder if there is different Atmos so the Friction will all so different? 
It will be hilarious when stand on the ground and see some gigantic ship burning and blow up on the sky because the temp so high.

P.s: My grammar not so good because my mother language not english so sorry :).

If you watch the videos closely you can see atmospheric drag and other values dispayed there, so they might go for such a system. Also, maximum velocity is influenced by many different factors (such as atmospheric density)

Heat isn't really something that been discussed in too much depth yet. It's a niche feature that isn't needed for server tech or the core gameplay loop, which is their current focus. If you watch some of the videos they've produced, like the atmospheric ship one around the end, you'll see that air drag is already a factor, which though it doesn't do damage right now can really affect how you fly.

i agree it not something that important for the game but it will bring into some more tatic and funny for the game ? i still wonder how NQ will handle HEAT effect to the ship