trees physics

Green Earth

From what i see from video on DU chanel ... maybe not, collapse physic maybe somehow will stress the server too much, no?
But i hope NQ will add some or little reallity physic into DU.
Btw Physic collapse is not main point of DU ... yet. If it is true then there will be more tatic to play ( like destroy building pillar ).

On 31.12.2017 at 12:09 PM, Green Earth said:

I did have a new idea, about the trees physics. If you broke the floor where it was placed, It will fall or maybe tumble. This should give the game some physics to the game be a little different of Minecraft.

trees won't fall when you dig under them

mountains will float when you completely dig through them

ships which are partly destroyed will still fly as one piece (even though it's broken in half)

That's the price you have to pay to make a true single shard MMO happen

7 minutes ago, Lethys said:

trees won't fall when you dig under them

mountains will float when you completely dig through them

ships which are partly destroyed will still fly as one piece (even though it's broken in half)

That's the price you have to pay to make a true single shard MMO happen

sad but true, we cant afford to losing the Darkness evil of mankind ... LAG.

Who knows, maybe in 10 years the technology will be there to make such physics possible on this scale. But then again how many people would rage to wake up to a patch which makes their floating fortresses become a pile of rubble on the ground?

8 minutes ago, Rick Windmiller said:

Who knows, maybe in 10 years the technology will be there to make such physics possible on this scale. But then again how many people would rage to wake up to a patch which makes their floating fortresses become a pile of rubble on the ground?

Who know =]], but i hope DU can long live until then :))

That why i prefer to build house at lonely rock in space, underground bunker and space station.

10 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

Who know =]], but i hope DU can long live until then :))

That why i prefer to build house at lonely rock in space, underground bunker and space station.

If DU works as intended, I can see it living on for more than a decade, just look at EVE, 15 years old and still going.

that point we still unknow, maybe soon. we will know.

but as you say planetary event will be awesome, volcano erupt make Alioth into hell :))

Magicians, in our real world, seem to play with physics laws, but it's an illusion.

What DU can't do with physics behaviors, maybe illusions could reach the same goals.

DU can use "magic trips' to simulate a real physics !

DU had to hire a magician...

Perhaps trees could serve as an exception to the whole "not falling voxels" thing? But theen I can see someone using trees to lag out the server, basically a form of DoS. 

What if trees were a type of player? They would basically be nonmoving players with a tree model and an inventory full of wood. Trees are living things like players after all.

if it is likebplayer with inventory full of wood not so good idea, it will expand the data for nothing just tree, i bet that tree will easy more than 10000 , it kinda a waste data for just tree cause it not an important resource once player get more tech also new element.

We wont see a wood space ship in DU... or will we ?

It will be awesome to see a wood space station xD