Second Place is not good enough!

It might be different if NQ had delivered a full Alpha sans NDA and thus proven value to backers ALREADY. But until then I don't see voting as anything more than hype-o-meters and that's a problem because it ends up producing too much noise and not enough signal about the game's true merits. You'll end up with well intentioned and less well intentioned interactions (fanboys vs banbois vs trolls vs etc) and both of them becoming toxic due to poor communication and confused motivations. AKA "Show and don't Tell" pr exercise is the way forward because it keeps things honest and without that we've seen a lot of money thrown down the drain in the MMO market.

Yes I'm excited by DU, but I won't be a propagandist either. If NQ had an Alpha and right now I could watch:-

1.  A fully player designed spaceship in voxels and lua.

2. Built from gathered materials located around the planet.

3. Collaborately designed and built.

4. Tested and flown by multicrew.

5. Various other such groups doing similar diverse gameplay.

6. Plenty of shared content SHOWING this.

7. Self-reporting feedback: This is dang fun!!

I'd consider NQ to have easily produced a brilliant crowdfunder value for money for content delivered. But not yet.

Bear in mind, I'm very happy with their:-

* Website quality

* Forums functionality features

* Dev Updates and community gimmes frequency

* Glimpsed progress apparent so far...

Adding value to their crowd of funders so far.

Have you not considered that the people voting in this poll have played the game? 

Considering all of the progress NQ has shown time and time again this year, I think they are well deserving of winning this. 

2 hours ago, yamamushi said:

Have you not considered that the people voting in this poll have played the game? 

Considering all of the progress NQ has shown time and time again this year, I think they are well deserving of winning this. 

If that could be SHOWN then for sure the poll would have a basis for saying how/why. But there's an NDA at present which prevents seeing all those game features description of gameplay or those voting, showing why/how instead of merely talked about. So for me, I remain a sceptic too:

"Nullius in verba"

53 minutes ago, yamisniper said:

dual universe is going to win anyways

I am interested in what the criteria is for determining "best crowdfunded mmo of 2017":-

* Pledge Price to Development Delivery Value?

* Quality of game (higher = better) delivered over time period used (shorter = better)?

* Stated delivery goals and schedule of delivery accuracy achieved?

* Extra- services and community involvement provisioned (eg open doors, dev diary, forums quality)?

* Subjective fun experienced by Early Access of actual gameplay of the game reported AND demonstrated transparently?

* Speculated increase in quality of the game assumed given the previous successful rate of progress achieved?

I admit, perhaps sheepishly, that I am satisfied with these so far for DU, bar subjective experience, as I am not a present backer. But I do think "Delivery and transparency" are very critical to the above gong being handed out in such a contest. In fact, I'd go further, I do wish Massively or other such competition providers would ensure those voting attempt to consider such gongs accordingly as opposed to "popularity/who's got talent?" type of vacuous voting that then masquerades as something more than media hype.

These musing may seem overkill, but just look at the car/train crash that SC is precariously balanced against making at present. "A stitch in time... saves multiple millions."

On 12/23/2017 at 8:40 AM, MookMcMook said:

I am interested in what the criteria is for determining "best crowdfunded mmo of 2017":-

* Pledge Price to Development Delivery Value?

* Quality of game (higher = better) delivered over time period used (shorter = better)?

* Stated delivery goals and schedule of delivery accuracy achieved?

* Extra- services and community involvement provisioned (eg open doors, dev diary, forums quality)?

* Subjective fun experienced by Early Access of actual gameplay of the game reported AND demonstrated transparently?

* Speculated increase in quality of the game assumed given the previous successful rate of progress achieved?

I admit, perhaps sheepishly, that I am satisfied with these so far for DU, bar subjective experience, as I am not a present backer. But I do think "Delivery and transparency" are very critical to the above gong being handed out in such a contest. In fact, I'd go further, I do wish Massively or other such competition providers would ensure those voting attempt to consider such gongs accordingly as opposed to "popularity/who's got talent?" type of vacuous voting that then masquerades as something more than media hype.

These musing may seem overkill, but just look at the car/train crash that SC is precariously balanced against making at present. "A stitch in time... saves multiple millions."

shrugs no idea XD