! Better elements !

spaceDJ

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Whats about having elements/systems beeing made of modular components (with positiv and negativ stats) like weapons and armor in Fallout 4.

And to make things interesting and to come back to the Triangle thought, modules (with different advantages like higher max stats distribution limits & stuff) which allow to change stats.

As example for energie/skill/processing power distribution:

1. Offense <-> Defense <-> Utility
  2. Fire control system <-> Firerate/Damage <-> *placeholder*Shields - Armorsubsystems/Repair - Damagecontroll / roation <-> forward thrust <-> FTL
  3. Range <-> tracking    /       Energie efficiency <->Firerate <-> Damage    /   magazine reload/recharge speed <-> maintance.thing  

front shieldbooster <-> aft shieldbooster <-> left shieldbooster  <-> right shieldbooster /  *something dependen on future game mechanics <-> and soemthing with scrap   /     something with forcefields <-> explosion suppression systems   

rotaions speed <-> energie efficiency /  thrust <-> energie efficiency  / recharge <-> speed <-> energy efficency

(I hope that it is understandable)

#Different element-types have a different kind of modifiactions/modules

#keeps player busy

# I love complexity :D

# another irrelevant comment

keep in mind that while you planning or doing something else than waiting,  you dont wait.

I think the element system is perfect the way it is, but a few people have commented that they would like to be able to re-skin or re-model elements to their liking. I think that's a great idea but something that should be run through the dev team, long after full release, so that good designs can make it in and the garbage ones cannot.