Massively OP's Best Indie/Crowdfunded MMO Game of 2017

DarkHorizon

Massively OP is running a poll on what MMO game people think was the best from 2017 and Dual Universe happens to be on that list. Show your support for DU and cast your vote! B)

Wow you guys, in just over three hours, we've gone from the bottom third with 2% of the vote (14 votes) to second place with 24% of the vote (269 votes)!! :o Give NQ an awesome and well-deserved christmas present!

Seven hours and we got the lead, now we just got to hold it so keep spreading the word! Heck, steal your parents/siblings/spouses phone and cast a second vote! Jk don't really vote twice, thanks for the support tho! <3

Ahhh, over 150 votes while I was sleeping, good job everybody. We have a solid 31% of the vote, can we go for a full third of the vote! Keep up the support!

Well over six-hundred now, that's awesome!

An additional 20 votes came in overnight, merry Christmas NovaQuark? 2,127 votes have been cast thus far and voting ends on the 5th so keep it up!

7soEG6.jpg

It's been over a week since I last updated this due to the holidays (hope you all enjoyed!) but today is the last day of voting and DU is still in the lead having tacked on over an additional hundred votes since the update on the 25th! :o

Whoot, poll closed with 760 votes! Congrats NQ!

Edited by DarkHorizon

It deserves to be on the list far more than Elite Dangerous does, which came out in 2014. Shroud of the Avatar is an old game at this point too (Initially Nov 2014). Pretty sure Adventure Quest 3D came out in 2016 too. 

Ever Jane is on the list twice. Ashes of Creation isn't out either. 

Considering their crowdfunding ended in 2017, and people have been playing it, DU most certainly does deserve a spot on the list alongside the others. 

I vote 3 times everyday.

I wonder how much Elite Dangerous is paying this journalist(or this media-press) to advertise Elite Dangerous through this manner. Bias media and poll!

Money talks more than professionality and ethics.

wxW3Vyv.jpg

@Eternal

Prolly nothing, since E:D barely makes return on investement. It's a good game, but 31 years past its hayday. Most of E:D's playerbase are people who played the 80s game...

Also - no offense - do not hype up a witch hunt or allude to "fake news". Unless you got solid proof and evidence of material coercion of MasssivelyOP's editorial, you should not make such allegations - that's what goes down in the SC forums, not in these ones. You can argue that E:D does not have a place in that list, sicne it's selling Paid Expansions, sure, but do not accuse the press as being "bought out" cause they put E:D on the list. One of the two has to do with reasoning on the merit of the ganme's entry, the other has to do with Freedom of Speech.

Cheers.

Idk, guys, it creates click-bait for massivelyOP, dolls out a "gong" for some spurious achievement of quality, and tbh makes fans/backers appear either gullible or cloying...

Yes I guess the little sticker-badge thing will look good for NQ's marketing online which won't hurt and maybe the game is indeed high quality CF candidate and surprising advanced for a pre-alpha...

I "almost know" DU will be quality, and would like others to know, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth done this way, let the game do the talking and heavy-lifting of expectations. YMMV.

1 hour ago, Haunty said:

The poll really has nothing to do with quality, simply a popularity and rally contest and 100% subjective B)

Blasphemy, everyone knows all internet polls are scientifically accurate! 

6 hours ago, MookMcMook said:

Idk, guys, it creates click-bait for massivelyOP, dolls out a "gong" for some spurious achievement of quality, and tbh makes fans/backers appear either gullible or cloying...

Yes I guess the little sticker-badge thing will look good for NQ's marketing online which won't hurt and maybe the game is indeed high quality CF candidate and surprising advanced for a pre-alpha...

I "almost know" DU will be quality, and would like others to know, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth done this way, let the game do the talking and heavy-lifting of expectations. YMMV.

You're obviously new here, but I really don't think you're going to drum up much anti-DU support here. 

23 hours ago, yamamushi said:

Blasphemy, everyone knows all internet polls are scientifically accurate! 

You're obviously new here, but I really don't think you're going to drum up much anti-DU support here. 

"We don't serve their kind here."

I see what you did there, "obviously".

Ach, it's only a popularity contest. 

If this poll happened after the release of Crowfall or Star Citizen some other mass appeal project would take the win. 

At most its a hype meter. 

I'm still convinced DU will sell itself as more people can experience it for themselves. There is literally nothing like it being developed and it looks like NQ will pull it of. 

Seeing is believing and all that jazz. 

2 hours ago, Falstaf said:

Ach, it's only a popularity contest. 

If this poll happened after the release of Crowfall or Star Citizen some other mass appeal project would take the win. 

At most its a hype meter. 

I'm still convinced DU will sell itself as more people can experience it for themselves. There is literally nothing like it being developed and it looks like NQ will pull it of. 

Seeing is believing and all that jazz. 

More jazz: And playing is knowing.