in-game Pets

Forodrim

NQ just posted a concept art picture of in-game pets:

DRlQdSuXcAADsyC.jpg:large

They are generally more active on twitter, sharing some nice concept pictures. ( https://twitter.com/dualuniverse )

This I found particular interesting since I had no idea before that pets were planned :)

20 minutes ago, Forodrim said:

NQ just posted a concept art picture of in-game pets:

DRlQdSuXcAADsyC.jpg:large

They are generally more active on twitter, sharing some nice concept pictures. ( https://twitter.com/dualuniverse )

This I found particular interesting since I had no idea before that pets were planned :)

Yeah, those are KS exclusives, L1 to 5 for different backer tiers. But they're purely cosmetic and don't do anything

English (google-translate)

I had hoped for a C-3PO translating to English or Lua, or at least an R2-D2 assisting with flying.

German (original)

Ich hatte auf einen C-3PO der mir ins englische oder Lua übersetzt gehofft oder wenigstens ein R2-D2 der beim fliegen assistiert.

Die Waldfee

13 hours ago, Lethys said:

If pets would add some kind of bonus to smth, it would be p2w, and noone wants that

yes, I hope they stay purely cosmetic. Although,  I must admit the recon drone looks very cool, a walker element would be nice and the recon function then can be done with lua i guess :)

10 minutes ago, Forodrim said:

yes, I hope they stay purely cosmetic. Although,  I must admit the recon drone looks very cool, a walker element would be nice and the recon function then can be done with lua i guess :)

exactly, that's what lua is there for.

besides the fact that NQ doesn't want any NPCs (for now) in the game which could recon for you - so I guess that name is only that. A fancy name

4 hours ago, Lethys said:

besides the fact that NQ doesn't want any NPCs (for now) in the game which could recon for you - so I guess that name is only that. A fancy name

yes, and that is perfectly fine. I would love however elements as a "base" element for drones. Especially the leg elements, both two an six legged ones. Then you can use them to create and program your own drone.  

They may be purely cosmetic right now, but I’m wondering if they will serve something me purpose in the future where people can purchase pets on the market and you’d need certain skill sets to use and operate your pet interface. I’m hoping this is the case, because what’s going to happen when you get attacked and someone kills your pet. How will you get it back? When you respawn, does it also respawn? If you survive and your pet does not, can you resurrect it at a node? Something would need to happen as people would be upset if their pet dies and they can’t get it back. 

Or...they can't be attacked at all. Dun dun duuuuuuuun

I personally think that pets which give a bonus to smth or can be used with certain skills are boring and a useless copycat mechanic from other mmos. 

If they would add that some day (which i doubt) then it would be just a matter of finding the best pet for the task, buying/building it, selling it If possible and rinse and repeat. Or just have different pets in your alts. 

If you loose your pet in any way it seems obvious that you just click the summon button again. Like it has been for 20 years. 

Naturally they can mix things up by making it a schematic requiring components but I doubt that. 

It seems to make sense that kickstarter pets won't be tradeable. Just a cosmetic summon.