So about that new website...

Cybrex

The user-select property could be set to "none" in CSS, the bullet-points' text can be selected.

It may be their own choice, but I'd say for ease of quoting the landing page (without copying sneaky text) they could just declare all text unselectable by the user and then exlcluding paragraphs with a not(p) {} selector with when the user-select : text.

IT's just making quoting the site for news outlets much easier, without causing people to accidentally copy things like "press here" or "read more". 

But that's me just being picky :P

Good design all around, background is looking good.

It looks fantastic! I hope to see more makeovers like this :)

One little nitpick though: I think they should change some of the "everyone"s and "everything"s to 'anyone' and 'anything'. For example: "Everyone can be tomorrow’s greatest innovator and rule the world with their product designs, or production factories." I get they are trying to hype people up and do some marketing and such, but this just sounds ridiculous to me. Anyone could be the the greatest innovator, but not everyone could be the greatest at the same time. Same thing for leadership. Anyone can lead an organization, but not everyone can lead. Some people have to follow or there is no point in leading. 

The site looks awesome and it's well designed. My only suggestion would be to keep the words of the tabs on the right side out all the time, my first thought on them was an altitude indicator.

This line in the warfare section has me intrigued...

cities need the costly protection of dome-tech…

Have we heard anything about dome tech before? Is it just referring to safe zones, or a new mechanic altogether?

14 minutes ago, ATMLVE said:

Have we heard anything about dome tech before? Is it just referring to safe zones, or a new mechanic altogether?

I think it is in reference to the shield tech which has been mentioned before under names like portable safezone, protection bubble, or shield modules. Maybe this represents a more final name for it?

I don't want to be the one to point this out, but, NovaQuark should change the wording on the "are you going to be a sheep or a wolf". This makes people who want to RP feel unwanted, and makes pretty much anything not PvP related seem as "playing the game the wrong way".

Just saying.

37 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

I don't want to be the one to point this out, but, NovaQuark should change the wording on the "are you going to be a sheep or a wolf". This makes people who want to RP feel unwanted, and makes pretty much anything not PvP related seem as "playing the game the wrong way".

Just saying.

I agree actually. 

I understand the intention but I find it clumsy as hell. 

6 minutes ago, Takao said:

So, unlike in eve where the pvp button is called „undock“, here it’s called „login“?

Not really, that sentence doesn't change the design. Space is still a 360 degrees big empty ocean. Leaving the safezone is still without passing through choke points. And it's still going to be a challenge finding people in the world given its size. Nothing has changed. 

It's just a clumsy way to attract people, perhaps even a clumsy way to frame this communities state of mind. The sky isn't falling just yet. 

32 minutes ago, Takao said:

Mhm, good that I haven’t red the entire thing, I have completely missed that.

So, unlike in eve where the pvp button is called „undock“, here it’s called „login“?

Good one. And a good point.

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

global sandstorms? weather in DU? might be misleading too

Well, they can make just a scripted animation play every X intervals where being exposed above water surface caused you to take damage.

If they can make it into that the storm is smart and can tell if you are exposed or not, even better.

Otherwise I'll have to agree, RP is good and all, but such a thing might come out as misleading indeed.

The new website looks good!

But I think the news could be updated:

-I miss a report about the open door event that happened recently.

-There could be another dev journal and more info about the current general status and progress of development, the last pre-alpha sessions and what's planned for Q1/Q2-2018.

59 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

Well, they do have a Twitter account...

True but... 

Maybe I'm "old" but a good portion of people still prefer the age old system of a website and forum for announcements. 

While I made the jump to looking at Twitter for DU, I can sympathise with not wanting to live on or look at Facebook and Twitter to stay informed. I'm not a fan of either platforms myself. 

Although I understand that Twitter and Facebook are more flexible for quick and short updates. 

2 hours ago, Falstaf said:

True but... 

Maybe I'm "old" but a good portion of people still prefer the age old system of a website and forum for announcements. 

While I made the jump to looking at Twitter for DU, I can sympathise with not wanting to live on or look at Facebook and Twitter to stay informed. I'm not a fan of either platforms myself. 

Although I understand that Twitter and Facebook are more flexible for quick and short updates. 

I don't know, they are called social media for a reason. You don't have to actually make an account, if someine is on any social platform, either Discord, Facebook or Twitter, they will notice the updates put out.

Plus, many of the updates come from JC Baillie himself, who can't use the forums like his personal blog - for obvious reasons :P .

43 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

Plus, many of the updates come from JC Baillie himself, who can't use the forums like his personal blog - for obvious reasons :P .

He, obviously. 

And I get that, just offering a counter opinion. :)