Planetary Claim Systems

Iskiox

14 minutes ago, Takao said:

Did they? When?

You have a gold pledge but not even know it ? Hmm it surprise me a bit.

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Mining

'Novaquark has declared that it will never be possible to automate or expedite the mining process. This decision is purely for the sake of game balance, because extra tools, such as robots, mining ships, and automated drilling could easily replace players, making it difficult for new players to get into the game world'

That wiki is not official, where is the source for that claim?

Also:

However, at a later time after the full game release, it is possible that other methods of mining will be introduced, such as specialized hand tools or even special elements.

3 hours ago, Takao said:

For me a "grind" is the repitition of a not fun process just for the sake of advancing through the game. If something is fun, then where is the problem of repeating it?

Staring at the ground and holding left mouse is not fun (for me).

Tryangulating ore deposits could be fun, couldn't tried it yet.

If you can measure the distance between constructs precisly, you can build mining drones, as long as there are mining drills / laser for constructs, which I'm sure will be.

So you would only need to manually mine at the beginning of your game, like in a survival game (at that stage it will most likely be a survival game for you...).

And if you can build mining drones, you can build mining stations. More expensive and stationary, but can be protected better.

IT also depend on what "grinding" meaning for you. Not all grinding is 'look at a rock and mine it' no, there are lot of way to obtain resource, money, thing not only mine, all so you want to get fame and you do thing to get it isnt is grinding ? That called Organization or called team working, if you work with team everything sure fun, 'grinding' with other people at a same place, haa i will be pretty feel happy that not only me so lonely down there, in deep of the mine. Only solo people will thinking 'grinding' is boring as suck ( i do solo in some game may called 'MMO' like MapleStory, shit grindding a lone in a map make me feel so sad.). And all you do to get one common goal, though the sorrow and happy you will not find it boring.

And you say why it not automate mining, yeb that is why i know you are 'solo' player who dont want to rely on other but on yourself. As i say NQ say that they dont want automate miner because it make the new player have no job because the people like you who only want to do all thing yourself, i bet if you can you will want to control a battle ship alone not with crew.

And also this is not survival game, IT IS MMO, SANDBOX. And the goal of the game is? You create it, no goal which NQ give you, you create the final goal yourself. They just have sologan that ' REBUILD CIVILIZATION TOGETHER' not one man army =]].

So at the final i still surprise you got gold pledge.

19 minutes ago, Takao said:

That wiki is not official, where is the source for that claim?

It not official, why you say so, i think it is the detail web we have =]].

And also what you show me, yeah new element and spcial tool but you still have to dig on your own, NO AUTOMATION.

cheer.

17 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

IT also depend on what "grinding" meaning for you. Not all grinding is 'look at a rock and mine it' no, there are lot of way to obtain resource, money, thing not only mine, all so you want to get fame and you do thing to get it isnt is grinding ? That called Organization or called team working, if you work with team everything sure fun, 'grinding' with other people at a same place, haa i will be pretty feel happy that not only me so lonely down there, in deep of the mine. Only solo people will thinking 'grinding' is boring as suck ( i do solo in some game may called 'MMO' like MapleStory, shit grindding a lone in a map make me feel so sad.). And all you do to get one common goal, though the sorrow and happy you will not find it boring.

And you say why it not automate mining, yeb that is why i know you are 'solo' player who dont want to rely on other but on yourself. As i say NQ say that they dont want automate miner because it make the new player have no job because the people like you who only want to do all thing yourself, i bet if you can you will want to control a battle ship alone not with crew.

And also this is not survival game, IT IS MMO, SANDBOX. And the goal of the game is? You create it, no goal which NQ give you, you create the final goal yourself. They just have sologan that ' REBUILD CIVILIZATION TOGETHER' not one man army =]].

Here is the short answer on automated mining. (Transcript)

11 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

thank you but sadly it dont have sub and i'm bad at hearing english, even with people who their native language is english.

He said that there will be no mining ships, so the wiki is not right about, that there are mining elements, except when they mean elements for your character (=faster mining for you, etc.).

36 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

I'm in a cooperation at the moment and I'm not a solo player. I stopped playing EvE only because my cooperation was in a position where I couldn't do much on my own (clan wars) and there wheren't many fleet actions.

The problem that you need to get resources or money to build your ships is still there, even when in a corp.

We will see how this will turn out.

I bought the game because of the voxel building part and because you can actually do something with your construct, which is not only flying /moving around (= combat).

I thought there would be PvE, let's see what the game will become, when it's released. I haven't regred buying it for know.

1 minute ago, ShioriStein said:

thank you but sadly it dont have sub and i'm bad at hearing english, even with people who their native language is english.

I actually Quoted the wrong person, but you should be able to translate the transcript of the video which I also linked.  

8 minutes ago, Takao said:

He sad that there will be no mining ships

Umu i think you mean said ? But on the forum it say there also not automate, please read the link i give you .

13 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

"Now, about mining: it will be done via your Nanoformer. The harder the material and the larger the volume collected, the longer it will take. We have chosen an energy-based model where each material is capable of absorbing a certain level of energy before being “mined”. So, you will be able to upgrade your Nanoformer energy throughput to improve your mining as well as various mining skills. For more advanced mining, and possibly some rare materials, dedicated tools will enter the scene, but this might not be available at release, but rather in a future expansion. We are considering the possibility of Mining Units inside your constructs, but this will be in an expansion after release and it will require some careful balancing to make sure standard mining is still an option, in particular for beginners."

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php/topic/10382-devblog-scanning-mining/

It claim by NQ official forum account so will it true =.=, you can see there is no word talk about automate but do you think automated will balace for the beginer ? who only have one job when they in the game after the release where all Organization all control properly ?

And then sorry for saying you are solo and my rudeness for wonder about your gold pledge. 

5 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

Umu i think you mean said ?

Yes  -.-

5 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

But on the forum it say there also not automate, please read the link i give you .

When you can only mine "with your hand", then you can't automate mining.

You can build and program drones because you can control ships with Lua.

1 minute ago, Takao said:

When you can only mine "with your hand", then you can't automate mining.

You can build and program drones because you can control ships with Lua.

Dont think Lua script is mighty, if it can they can create a Battle ship with one crew, NQ have already confirm it, automatic but it have it limit not to break the game. And about the mining sure it is.

And also the video which @Felonu give me here also saying about it and transcript in the description also link to this saying no AUTOMATION. And what i read about for 1 year, seem like automation will best use for def , but that still unknow until alpha/beta stage but they have confirm that way.

The reason why there is no automated mining currently planned: Economics. If you allow automated mining you make it impossible for a new player to make money from mining. Because the automated mining will yield cheaper ore than manual mining. 

If you don't like mining, do something else. ;)

19 minutes ago, Falstaf said:

The reason why there is no automated mining currently planned: Economics. If you allow automated mining you make it impossible for a new player to make money from mining. Because the automated mining will yield cheaper ore than manual mining. 

If you don't like mining, do something else. ;)

True, though keep in mind that in the beginning everyone needs to mine as it's the only source of income by then.

Once elements are produced and markets Take off, you can simply do Margin trading or hauling to earn money too. With that comes piracy. Then ppl will pay for protection and nations might so a police force.

But the backbone will always be mining

Edited for clarity

6 minutes ago, Lethys said:

But the backbone will always be mining

True, without mining nothing can happen. Part of the reason why I never understood the "hate" towards miners in EVE. 

I hope we can avoid that in DU. 

4 minutes ago, Falstaf said:

True, without mining nothing can happen. Part of the reason why I never understood the "hate" towards miners in EVE. 

I hope we can avoid that in DU. 

That's because it was swarmed with bots and autominers. You had to have at least 3 accounts to mine solo, otherwise you didn't make enough isk in highsec.

Code is another story but that's emergent gameplay.

9 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Code is another story but that's emergent gameplay.

Frigging Code...... *grumble*

Too true, in my play hours there was this one guy who always showed up with a fleet of alts. Took the fun out of it. 

I mostly stuck to wormholes. That was more exciting to me. 

"Code is taking arrr jawbs!"

I suppose I'm personally used to "manual mining", given that my last really in-depth or primary time I spent with my faction was in Minecraft Beta, although newer endeavors also only offered mining by hand ("7 Days 2 Die" for example). Whether you only know this or saw better, easier methods in other games, I think it might not be a bad choice because it puts emphasis on manual labour and thus people.

You might actually have to hire miners temporarily or permanently. (Large) Economic power in that branch might not lie at the folks who have the best "code" or automation, but those with high manpower (in addition to how they manage supplies and so on of course). And it gives new players not just a chance in general to compete but job opportunities in all these player nations, corporations, groups, organizations. While likely many can't get around mining at the start to get some basic resources to move on from there, if you don't necessarily need ores yourself as new or somewhat established player, you can mine for someone else and get monetary compensation, or maybe even totally different compensation? Imagine working for someone for other favors or material goods.

A lot is possible.

I, personally, don't mind manual mining as I usually did that before in comparable games. I just mostly wonder about the (lack of?) mining ships or rigs or equipment for ships. Might as well refrain from trying to build dedicated mining ships and bring the big cargo freighter to a belt or so right away if you have to get outside to mine the rocks anyway.

----------------

Also, for those who consider it a (necessary but boring) grind: Think of it this way. Daily, toilets are scrubbed somewhere, goods for consumption are made (don't think of a factory now, maybe more like some store where someone prepares sandwhiches daily), hairs are cut, etc. If you just look at it from a superficial view, it might seem monotonous a lot. Often, it can be annoying.

But it's necessary in the end, if you integrate that particular task into a bigger picture. We sit in heated homes and enjoy various goods today, right now, because someone at one point mined some sh*t somewhere, and someone else moved it around, and someone else in turn processed or refined it, integrated this into goods or made goods out of it in the first place, etc. Rinse and repeat.

While it can be monotonous, if I look at the larger picture it suddenly becomes very exciting or at least somewhat interesting. You never know where that particular rock you mined (or processed) might end up. Even if you mine for some internal use within a larger player faction only, you never know. In other words, consider it like a contribution to (this digital) society that made it possible in the first place. Kind of like the foundation.

Build a foundation. Be a miner. Join today.

Oh, sorry, turned into ad-mode for a second! Nevermind!

@ShioriStein I  am just using that as a suggestion where the sphere of influence is no more than one hex over from the hex / land you own . To make it a little clearer a sphere of influence will be something you could switch on or off but when it is on it's a form of protection or buff and will consume more resources / currency or maybe both depending on the type of system they would wanted to use. The sphere of influence  could do many things depending on your imagination or you could have different types of sphere of influences but for now lets just talk about protection because that is a main concern for many player. You don't want to wake up the next morning to find out that a foe has placed a fortress right next to your city or base of operation. The sphere of influence  still doesn't keep this from happening but makes it a lot harder for opponents to do by simple tactics of making the near by land more expensive or slowing down the building time on near hex's etc. 

I have ben big in the past on strategic games and a sphere of influence is not a bad idea in a game that has different types of tactics and a sphere of influence  could be used for many purposes : Defense , Offence , Commerce. You could also think of a sphere of influence  as a land game buff that only extends one hex out from the land you own with out making it over powered. Also as I stated this sphere of influence / land game buff does not come for free but you can turn it off and put it back on any time you want!

Honeycomb.thumb.png.a0570fc76a98e99be30c2fd660f36d0a.png