How did you find out about Dual Universe?

yamamushi

I actually discovered this on pure accident. I was wandering the dunes of the internet browsing through anything space based, found nothing. When I went to Amazon, I  happen to get information on it via a review of a random item. Forgot that for a while and continued my search. When I was searching google for some information, I found the suggestion and remembered the review. So I gave it a visit and now here I am. Weird eh?

I applied for a Game Designer position in may 2014, sadly they were more interested to hire me as a Community Manager which did not fit with my career plans.

The project sounded interesting, so I kept an eye on it.

As the topic title says, how did everyone here find out about Dual Universe?

I discovered it through E3 and stumbling upon a link on Reddit to the trailer, I was hooked from the moment I saw "All constructions and ships are built in game".

Was there a specific site or article that brought you here? Was it a video from a popular youtuber? 

i found it while watching no mans sky videos and since that was such a disaster i needed something else to hype about.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out from TheXPGamers. Watched his video, was like, okay this looks neat. A few days later he comes out with another one where he's with the developer, I start to follow DUAL Universe more closely. Then a few weeks later I decided to check out the website and set up an account.
For me, someone who loves Minecraft and Star Wars, this was very interesting. The more I found out the more excited I was.
Now, I haven't slept in over a week and my wallet is empty.

Heard it mentioned in a remark on a Twitch channel a few weeks ago and felt I should have already heard about it.  Already have wasted enjoyed hundreds of hours in the genre recently with Space Engineers, Empyrion, Elite ( and the original many moons ago), EVE once upon a time and more recently involved in the Planet Nomads alpha, however this seems to bring the best aspects of each and combine them into one dream game that I have been waiting for for years, really hope it all works out.  Haven't been this excited about a computer game since I fired up Gulpman on my new 16k ZX Spectrum, Christmas 1982!

I can't afford to get to E3 from Oz.

So for me - LinkedIn - some game dev/c-class mates (ex Ubi Mont.) started following Novaquark a while back (2014), so I started keeping an eye on them. Saw JC's presentation via stream at EmTech Asia 2015 and started seriously tracking NQ and DU as more than a flash in the pan.

Finally got to joining here because hooking in earlier would just make me depressed that I can't simply move to France and join NQ (or even, move any where away from the teeny place I live (capital of a country or no) to somewhere that has an actual game industry...)

(Yeah - I'm actually less interested in playing games than world building / making them. *sigh*)