Your financial institution of the future.

Lambert

Hello everyone,

I would like to present the community with the opportunity to join us as we start our Alpha testing for Scabra Metallum. 

Scabra is setting out to be a secure financial institution where anyone can bank their money, take out a loan or mortgage, and even participate in a stock exchange type market where resources can be traded for stock in a company or player. 

The system will be a bot program on discord, but reflect in game transfers of resources and money. Any questions on this system are welcome and will be answered to the best of our knowledge. The link for the discord server is:

https://discord.gg/cqWA733

I hope to see some of you there. 

17 minutes ago, Lambert said:

secure financial institution

How will it be secure?

17 minutes ago, Lambert said:

bank their money, take out a loan or mortgage

Loans etc i understand, but unless money will be a physical object in game, there is literally no reason to put money away with a bank, and no reason for the bank to do it as interest will just make the bank loose money.

19 minutes ago, Lambert said:

The system will be a bot program on discord, but reflect in game transfers of resources and money

How on earth will you enforce changes in discord reflecting in game transfers? Even if you could enforce it, you have to physical be at where the resources are to get them, unless you hire someone to bring them to you, costing people who use this service more. In game local markets will prosper for this reason.

21 minutes ago, Lambert said:

and even participate in a stock exchange type market where resources can be traded for stock in a company or player. 

While i can see in game stocks in orgs becoming a thing through private investment groups such as luminous, i cant see why someone would do it through your system instead of contacting the organisation directly, as for a business, which you are, to profit, money has to be took from somewhere, so it is likely you would be charging a fee on top of it.

We keep your money secure by providing a place where you can set your money aside to make payments to other players anonymously or use it as a payroll system via your account, or set aside money for a rainy day and use it to save some money up. No one is required to have a “bank” account, but you could have an account for other things. 

As as far as being physical, I do not know if this is what NQ is planning, but it doesn’t need to be physical for us to keep funds safe. Simply put, the “bank account” is a place to set aside money. It can be used later for whatever you would like. The resources for investments would need to come directly to Scabra so that way the company or person building has one place to pick up all their resources rather than going everywhere and flying all over the system to collect these resources they need to manufacture their products. This also allows everyone supplying the resources one specific location to bring their resources instead of having to wait for them to be sold, or having to travel all over the system to the different markets to sell them. We are hoping this will be more convenient and we do not see why traveling to one place wouldn’t be easier than all over the system which could take a whole day for just one trip. 

Just as banks operate today... all transactions are pending until funds are verified and the transaction is completed. This is to ensure you are not spending funds you otherwise would not have and overdrawing your account. Do not mistake Scabra for handling all of your daily market transactions. That is not what we are here to accomplish nor would make much sense. We are trying to provide a place where you can store some money, get money you need to make more money with (loans/mortgages), and invest in others to help them become more successful and thus returning a profit off of your investments. 

Broker fees do exist. Standings do affect the percentage of fees Scabra takes as a transaction fee for investments, and obviously higher standings result in lower fees. We want to provide a service for the citizens of Novark and do it so both parties are equally represented. Although we are moving into alpha testing, launch and features of the game will change some features of our service. The investments were our primary reason for starting, and the loans and bank came later.

We currently have some interested parties, but we also understand this may not be for everyone, and that’s the point of an mmo. You can do whatever you want however you want. We just want to provide a service which may or may not be there upon release and make it somewhat more convenient for others. 

22 minutes ago, Lambert said:

This also allows everyone supplying the resources one specific location to bring their resources instead of having to wait for them to be sold, or having to travel all over the system to the different markets to sell them. We are hoping this will be more convenient and we do not see why traveling to one place wouldn’t be easier than all over the system which could take a whole day for just one trip. 

Better build big then. 

And don't forget to pay for an army 24/7 to defend that.

I personally don't use such things (it's always a scam), but wish you luck

44 minutes ago, Lambert said:

Just as banks operate today... all transactions are pending until funds are verified and the transaction is completed. This is to ensure you are not spending funds you otherwise would not have and overdrawing your account

I'm sorry, but just no. You don't need to pay someone else to make sure you have enough money to buy something, that's called reading a number in your DU account, and following that with simple maths.

Your idea of being a bank to store money just wont work, as people can store money in their DU account. And it doesn't have a risk of being stolen or scammed for there. If people want to make transactions, they click on things in their DU account, they don't use a slower method that charges fees. As for the investments, what lethys said. The only part of your organisation that people will want to use is maybe for loans. I wish you good luck trying to get people to use your services, and that is all I will say on the matter.

Porc.

For those of you who didn’t read the part or simply skipped over it, the “bank” part was something we thought people would like after we had the idea for the stocks. As far as size and military, I will leave that up to your imagination. 

Again, this is not for everyone as porc has made so very clear. You could make direct transactions between investors and manufacturers to trade resources and money. You could then have them shoot you in the back and take their resources back after you’ve paid them. You can do whatever you want. That’s never, and never will change. We just wanted to offer the community something.